Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    urgh i'm having shooting pains in my right knee now! WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING WRONG TODAY!
    stop making excuses, you're coming to cambridge whether you like it or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Hm my cold seems to have gone I'm left with a gentle cough. In the meantime I HAVE 2 HOURS TO PACK :|:|:::|
    Good for you... Meanwhile, I have the rest of today or tomorrow to have my watch sorted out. My cold has yet to leave me. I think it's loving too much. Now I've developed some severe coughing... I hope it's a symptom of MRSA... :eek: ... mind you, I visited two hospitals in the last 4 days.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys i'm off in about 30 mins, i'm comin up!!! Yay! See you all in Cambridge. Safe journeys to you all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Good for you... Meanwhile, I have the rest of today or tomorrow to have my watch sorted out. My cold has yet to leave me. I think it's loving too much. Now I've developed some severe coughing... I hope it's a symptom of MRSA... :eek: ... mind you, I visited two hospitals in the last 4 days.
    *sings that song* Youuuuu, and your-cold, always, AND FOREVER!

(it'd be hilarious if you managed to introduce MRSA into the general cambridge population ... I mean not hilarious at all))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    MB... Did all your drugs when you were younger..? I did all of mine when I was a lot older than you. And I don't know what you did but how can you say, for example, that a fiver for an E is worse than a fiver for a horrid bottle of cheap wine which is statistically much more likely to be harmful to you..?

EDIT: I'm not suggesting everyone should run around pilled up (even if the world would be a friendlier place.. :rolleyes: ), but I think I have a valid point..

just dope (in many forms) and opium. As for cheap wine, £3 wine has to be bad because it costs the company £2.50 to bottle and lable the stuff and then they have to make a profit on that.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I've developed a sniffly nose overnight and itchy eyes, but nothing that can called a cold just yet! It better not get any worse! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    ****ING NATWEST C*NTS. I phoned them two weeks ago to set up my account. I spoke to a thick person on the phone for over half an hour, as did my brother. They said the cards etc would be with us in a few days. We haven't received anything so I've just been on the phone to them and somehow they have no record of the opening of the account. I mean how ****ing crap can they be?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    I've developed a sniffly nose overnight and itchy eyes, but nothing that can called a cold just yet! It better not get any worse! :mad:
    Ah, that source of freshers' flu....

Fishpaste, It WILL be hilarious if the whole (or maybe just 50%) of the entire population of cambridge fall victims of MRSA... I think it is anyway, not that it is good in any sense but I still think it's funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    ****ING NATWEST C*NTS. I phoned them two weeks ago to set up my account. I spoke to a thick person on the phone for over half an hour, as did my brother. They said the cards etc would be with us in a few days. We haven't received anything so I've just been on the phone to them and somehow they have no record of the opening of the account. I mean how ****ing crap can they be?

MB
    I suggest you go to a brunch in person. I'm not going to bother with a stud account as I'm not going to get any of the benefits anyway (I know I know, the pain of being international, ah well...).

ReputationRep:
    omg i've suddenly realised how few clothes i own.....I have quite a large suitcase available for just clothes + towels and at thge moment it's barely half full! And all I have left to put in if the towels I think!

My god I'm such a tramp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I suggest you go to a brunch in person. I'm not going to bother with a stud account as I'm not going to get any of the benefits anyway (I know I know, the pain of being international, ah well...).

lol. They've just told me that if I do that it will take almost a week . I have my mum on the phone to them now and she's attempting to get something done. Maybe she should play the "i'm a journalist" card.

MB

ReputationRep:
    lol. They've just told me that if I do that it will take almost a week . I have my mum on the phone to them now and she's attempting to get something done. Maybe she should play the "i'm a journalist" card.

MB
    I don't know about that... I know that if you are international student you can get your account sorted there and then... But you only get a solo card without any of those benefits home stud would get.

Get her to play the journalist card. Even better get her to play the card and black mail the bank for a fiver.

ReputationRep:
    just dope (in many forms) and opium. As for cheap wine, £3 wine has to be bad because it costs the company £2.50 to bottle and lable the stuff and then they have to make a profit on that.

MB
    so how do they manage to sell lambrini for 1.99 ehhhh?
    oh, and camford, it's quite hard to catch MRSA really unless you have deep wounds, immunosuppressed, etc. shut up about mrsa already!

i mean, most of us have SA living on the surface of our skin, and that can and does cause infections on its own - such as impetigo. however even that isn't amazingly common, and that's something most of us are surrounded by and in contact with all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    so how do they manage to sell lambrini for 1.99 ehhhh?
    oh, and camford, it's quite hard to catch MRSA really unless you have deep wounds, immunosuppressed, etc. shut up about mrsa already!

i mean, most of us have SA living on the surface of our skin, and that can and does cause infections on its own - such as impetigo. however even that isn't amazingly common, and that's something most of us are surrounded by and in contact with all the time.
    I had an injection of human immunoglobulin about 2 weeks ago, which is supposed to boost your immune system. I suspect that after many years of antibiotic therapy, it has left me with a low white blood cell count. That's why I had someone injected it into my bum. I would have thought that I'd be free from cold for at least a month or so. And look at me now, I got cold. My immune system must be very bad... I'm going to die!! I'm going to die!!

ReputationRep:
    I also already have the sniffles - please please please don't turn into a full-blown cold!

I went for a final brunch with my school friends today and nearly cried .

ReputationRep:
    yay i'm 80% packed. I just got the stuff which is left in the washing machine to dry and iron and then pack up this computer and i'm done.

Argh i'm so sad that this is it...i dont wanna grow up

ReputationRep:
    All's i gotta pack is kitchen stuff.....and my CDs....i think that'll be everything.....although there's bound top be some last minute things i chuck into my bag tomorrow morning!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    All's i gotta pack is kitchen stuff.....and my CDs....i think that'll be everything.....although there's bound top be some last minute things i chuck into my bag tomorrow morning!

G
    arent you ripping all your CDs?

well i aint complaining..i'll just borrow all yours and copy to my hard disk! (if you'll let me )

ReputationRep:

MB
    Not when it's half price it doesn't

ReputationRep:
    Right. I've been procrastinating for so long now that I figure I should start packing. Does anybody know the kind of things I'll need to bring?

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.