The Student Room Group
the hat is one of these --> www.top-hats.com/5013.htm

black with a grey hat-band. Paid for by people in my old school who thought my old hat was awful and each put in a pound for me to get a new one. I will be wearing it all the time so join in "the game"

MB
Acaila
(hmphs at slinec's sig :tongue:)

I'm gonna miss you guys! {cries} You better all come back on here when you're all big scary Cam students {gives everyone big huggles}
You can't just leave me with shiny :biggrin:
(j/k shiny darling)

I'll still visit these boards as I don't have a life and have no intent of aquiring one.

MB
Reply 7522
I'm leaving in six hours :biggrin:
blissy
I'm leaving in six hours :biggrin:

why? do you really anticipate the traffic to be that bad?

MB
Reply 7524
musicboy
why? do you really anticipate the traffic to be that bad?

MB

It takes 5-6 hours to drive there, a good two hours to unpack and say goodbyes and then 5-6 hours for my parents to drive back. Nuff said :tongue:
Reply 7525
p.s. no need to anticipate I KNOW. so ner :wink:
blissy
p.s. no need to anticipate I KNOW. so ner :wink:

I can tell that tomorrow won't be fun. I was gonna convince parents to try and leave nice and early but my brother (idiot) has hardly started his packing and is doing a gig tonight so I don't think we'll geet on the road until 9:30-10ish :frown:. If I had it my way we'd be there at 9. Anyway, have a good journey.

MB
Reply 7527
musicboy
I can tell that tomorrow won't be fun. I was gonna convince parents to try and leave nice and early but my brother (idiot) has hardly started his packing and is doing a gig tonight so I don't think we'll geet on the road until 9:30-10ish :frown:. If I had it my way we'd be there at 9. Anyway, have a good journey.

MB

Oh it's nowhere near as bad for colleges like Robinson as it is for the colleges in the centre. Don't worry about it :smile:
blissy
Oh it's nowhere near as bad for colleges like Robinson as it is for the colleges in the centre. Don't worry about it :smile:

ah, that's good news. I still really am not sure of the geography of Cambridge - I have a rough idea but will no doubt get thoroughly lost,

MB
I know everyone iss excited about leaving home but has anyone noticed that given the 8 week terms we are actually in Cambridge for less than half the year.

MB
Reply 7530
grrr how long does damn washing take to dry!!!! I WANT TO FINISH PACKING!

and you better be walking around cambridge in that hat....i'll be on the lookout!

I was debating whether to bring my cricket-umpire hat which i always wear....havent decided yet, but I probably wont...it's more of a summer hat!
Reply 7531
I've noticed it but I probably don't count :biggrin:
Reply 7532
Actually for most people its more like 9 week terms since the Cam week starts on a Thursday and ends on a Wednesday.
Reply 7533
musicboy
I know everyone iss excited about leaving home but has anyone noticed that given the 8 week terms we are actually in Cambridge for less than half the year.

MB

but npr = 10 weeks....so technically we will be there more than half the year!
Reply 7534
But you are only required to stay for Full Term, not Term. You could get away with only 24 weeks of the year :biggrin:
Reply 7535
Well I've got to that point now....everything is packed (i think) apart from my computer. So it is time to bid you all farewell, I shall see you all in cambridge, and hopefully it wont be long before I get my PC back online again, enjoying this forum in the little time I can give to it!

So Long! :redface:
Willa
Well I've got to that point now....everything is packed (i think) apart from my computer. So it is time to bid you all farewell, I shall see you all in cambridge, and hopefully it wont be long before I get my PC back online again, enjoying this forum in the little time I can give to it!

So Long! :redface:

Good luck Willa! And everyone else!

Though don't be surprised if you can't get on the network right away, you may have to run anti-virus stuff first, and then get it connected. Meanwhile use college rooms if necessary.
Reply 7537
hah, well, i have a day extra than most of you people...

have most of my packing done though... been through the kitchen cupboards and claimed all the stuff that's been lingering there for ages.. and been to tesco... got LOADS of food and kitchenny stuff, i don't want to lug loads of tins and suchlike heavy stuff home from sainsburys :wink:

in particular i seem to have loads of hot-drink-stuff...but then again i do like my tea :smile:

if anyone wants my mob number to get hold of me in cam PM me!

right, back to packing

rosie
crana9
hah, well, i have a day extra than most of you people...

have most of my packing done though... been through the kitchen cupboards and claimed all the stuff that's been lingering there for ages.. and been to tesco... got LOADS of food and kitchenny stuff, i don't want to lug loads of tins and suchlike heavy stuff home from sainsburys :wink:

in particular i seem to have loads of hot-drink-stuff...but then again i do like my tea :smile:

if anyone wants my mob number to get hold of me in cam PM me!

right, back to packing

rosie

I have cereals, hot drinks stuff and some gravy granules ( :confused: ) but that's all there was room for! I have two bottles of wine and a mini Moet bottle but they're birthday gifts so could hardly leave them behind! :wink:
If you have room for lots of food, and we have a big-ish car, I've seriously got too much stuff!!
Reply 7539
Katie J
I have cereals, hot drinks stuff and some gravy granules ( :confused: ) but that's all there was room for! I have two bottles of wine and a mini Moet bottle but they're birthday gifts so could hardly leave them behind! :wink:
If you have room for lots of food, and we have a big-ish car, I've seriously got too much stuff!!

lol, i think i have gravy granules too. i also have a whole case of stella :biggrin: (goodbye present from dad :rolleyes:) having said that it may not all fit, the stuff i "absolutely need" seems to have multiplied scarily over the last week or so. but if it doesnt fit, no matter, i can sacrifice some tins and whatever. my sister is coming with us apparently wehich came as rather a surprise to me as no one had told me or asked if thta ws ok.. fantastic.. .her and my mum and dad will argue Alllllllllllll the way there...

rosie *visions of us all sitting on top of suitcases with our laps full of tins and gravy granules*

Latest

Trending

Trending