The Student Room Group
Reply 7540
crana9
rosie *visions of us all sitting on top of suitcases with our laps full of tins and gravy granules*

I bought my first pack of gravy granules this week, I decided I needed sausages, mash and gravy. It was a complete disaster, I recommend people not to be lazy and to buy a potato masher if required NOT rely on Smash. Potato and gravy soup was not what I had in mind :frown:

Anyhow, my point is there's nothing wrong with taking gravy granules, even though they're cheap to buy and you're unlikely to use them until the end of the first term when you actually realise college food sucks and you need to fend for yourself. It presumably makes peoples families feel better that they're going away with proper food.

Anyhow, I'm rambling because I'm trying to avoid work, so I better stop.

Alaric.
Reply 7541
Right, I'm up and going to Cambridge. *walking zombie*
Reply 7542
Alaric
I bought my first pack of gravy granules this week, I decided I needed sausages, mash and gravy. It was a complete disaster, I recommend people not to be lazy and to buy a potato masher if required NOT rely on Smash. Potato and gravy soup was not what I had in mind :frown:

Anyhow, my point is there's nothing wrong with taking gravy granules, even though they're cheap to buy and you're unlikely to use them until the end of the first term when you actually realise college food sucks and you need to fend for yourself. It presumably makes peoples families feel better that they're going away with proper food.

Anyhow, I'm rambling because I'm trying to avoid work, so I better stop.

Alaric.

smash is fine. you must just ahve put too much water in it!

the point of taking quite a bit of this stuff like the gravy granules is that im the only one who ever uses them at home, and if i buy another packet.. then i will have 2. so i may as well take the first half-empty one in case i do want it.

and i have already realised college food sucks :frown:
I'm going to a friend's place at 2pm today. Going to be a long time before we see each other again.

I'm getting physically sick just thinking about leaving home and mummy's cooking. :frown: I need to learn how to cook in 2 hours otherwise, I'll be hungary for the rest of my life.
My goodness it's quiet here today...
Reply 7545
katiyakat
My goodness it's quiet here today...

It's cos everyone is off to uni this weekend :smile:
Reply 7546
{feels all lonely}
Reply 7547
Acaila
{feels all lonely}

I'll hug ya :smile: *hugs*
shiny
It's cos everyone is off to uni this weekend :smile:
Ya think? :wink:
Reply 7549
shiny
I'll hug ya :smile: *hugs*

{huggles shiny and Kat.......ie?}
Acaila
{huggles shiny and Kat.......ie?}

-y :wink:. *Returns the hug*.

I have soooooooooo much stuff and I cannot lift my suitcase. Tomorrow will be interesting!
Reply 7551
katiyakat
-y :wink:. *Returns the hug*.

I have soooooooooo much stuff and I cannot lift my suitcase. Tomorrow will be interesting!

Phew. Thought I was the only one going down (or up) tomorrow instead of today. Here's to Sunday people.
meepmeep
Phew. Thought I was the only one going down (or up) tomorrow instead of today. Here's to Sunday people.
I'll drink to that :smile:.

How much luggage do you have? Please say a lot.
Reply 7553
Yay meepmeep has not deserted us!
I have a lot of things to take to Cambridge tomorrow. Since neither of parents can drive, we are going to use public trainsport (trainsport, I know). So far it seems that I will hopefully (fingers crossed) arrive at Cam with two rather large suitcases and a cardboard box. How are we going to manage all that is yet to be figured out.

I had hoped that we would get to 8,000 before tomorrow... well...
Reply 7555
We could always post like mad all night :biggrin:
Acaila
We could always post like mad all night :biggrin:

Wowowow. Haven't got all night, young lady. I need save some sleep for the week ahead.
For the final time, I shall say, good night ladies and gentlemen. I wish you all a happy dream.
I met Pollo Loco and Ainsworth today. They have rooms a couple of doors either way down a corridor from me! :smile:

Back in Southampton now on KT's not wonderful laptop :frown:

Will try to keep posting when I get sorted out in Cambridge..

Best wishes all :smile:

Pól
Hey everyone.

This shall probably be my last post, but I'm finally posting from Robinson. :biggrin: Good luck, and I hope to see a lot of you at the UKL meeting on Wednesday. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending