Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Met MB in his hat, before he went off to rant at the pro-life people next to us
    Jacob is fast becoming a legend it seems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    how many oxons you zapped yet!?
    I don't wanna zap them now! I met some really nice ones

And the ickle undergrads look so cute in their little bat capes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Jacob is fast becoming a legend it seems
    i think i'm really gonna get on with jacob. I've been avoiding having anti-religion arguements with people because it's not a good way to make friends. But Jacob doesn't care about any of that stuff.....which is cool...hence I'll be his friend!

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind tired right now. But I am determined to finish the cheap red wine I bought from Sainsbury's this afternoon (with the knowledge that I don't have an opener) with some friends while watching some hedious film.

*Camford is currently typing in his suit and gown.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    I don't really like it here and I haven't made any friends
    Please don't get worried about the friendship thing; it's too early to be worried. I haven't made any proper friends yet either, though there is this group of girls that I seem to keep bumping into and have gone along to a few things with. However, at this stage, as someone else said, it is more aquaintances than friends. I've noticed that upon closer observation, a lot of the 'friendship groups' which seem to have formed at my college are actually very much subject based and composed of people who have been thrown together through their academic interests and supervisions, signing up for practicals etc. So relax and be patient, sign up for lots of societies, and you'll soon feel at home here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Please don't get worried about the friendship thing; it's too early to be worried. I haven't made any proper friends yet either, though there is this group of girls that I seem to keep bumping into and have gone along to a few things with. However, at this stage, as someone else said, it is more aquaintances than friends. I've noticed that upon closer observation, a lot of the 'friendship groups' which seem to have formed at my college are actually very much subject based and composed of people who have been thrown together through their academic interests and supervisions, signing up for practicals etc. So relax and be patient, sign up for lots of societies, and you'll soon feel at home here
    You don't meet "proper hardcore friendship for life" friends via binge drinking 3 legged pub crawl nights where both you and your partner spend rediculous amount of money to look silly. I'm determined to make this one girl that I went to six-form with but never spoke to one of my best friends during the 3 years of study at Cambridge. Whether She'll be a potential for girlfriends is a different matter. But good friendship take time. It's too early to think about it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Camford, I don't mean to sound rude but WTF?!

I can normally get what you are trying to say but your last post was a word salad! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    I don't really like it here and I haven't made any friends
    Come up for a drink in Girton. This is the first night so far I haven't been up to 4 or 5 at room parties, damn 8am matriculation photo..! :mad:

PS - I *AM* being serious. My e-mail is [email protected]

What socs did you sign up for (either college or uni ones)?

ReputationRep:
    How is life in cam then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Come up for a drink in Girton. This is the first night so far I haven't been up to 4 or 5 at room parties, damn 8am matriculation photo..! :mad:

PS - I *AM* being serious. My e-mail is [email protected]
    how far is girton realistically?

ReputationRep:
    Bouncy in my college. Everyone is really friendly. Not that I'm living in Cambridge though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    how far is girton realistically?
    About 20 mins walk from Grange Road (however since you walk uber fast probably around 10 in your case!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    You don't meet "proper hardcore friendship for life" friends via binge drinking 3 legged pub crawl nights where both you and your partner spend rediculous amount of money to look silly. I'm determined to make this one girl that I went to six-form with but never spoke to one of my best friends during the 3 years of study at Cambridge. Whether She'll be a potential for girlfriends is a different matter. But good friendship take time. It's too early to think about it yet.
    I am afraid that I have to ditto Pol on this one Camford.

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a lightweight now, I haven't drunk in ages, this is great - it's sooo cheap. Apologies to Lex, I was in the Castle at last orders - but didn't see you.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I am afraid that I have to ditto Pol on this one Camford.
    I think he's reiterating people's reassurance that friendships aren't instantaneous and suggesting that someone he ignored at sixth form he really fancies, but isn't going to go after -- just be 'friends'.

Am I even vaguely close?

ReputationRep:
    I think he's reiterating people's reassurance that friendships aren't instantaneous and suggesting that someone he ignored at sixth form he really fancies, but isn't going to go after -- just be 'friends'.

Am I even vaguely close?
    I got the first bit, but didn't get the whole 3 years at Cambridge thing. Confused. BUt then again, it IS only 1615 here :eek: .

ReputationRep:
    I got the first bit, but didn't get the whole 3 years at Cambridge thing. Confused. BUt then again, it IS only 1615 here :eek: .
    I think he missed a comma that makes it more sensible:

" I'm determined to make this one girl that I went to six-form with but never spoke to, one of my best friends during the 3 years of study at Cambridge."

That makes more sense to me, it's future tense because it's intentional.

A.

ReputationRep:
    I think he missed a comma that makes it more sensible:

" I'm determined to make this one girl that I went to six-form with but never spoke to, one of my best friends during the 3 years of study at Cambridge."

That makes more sense to me, it's future tense because it's intentional.

A.
    Cheers Alaric. That is a lot clearer now thanks. Sound advice on his part too, even if he does want to go medieval on my ass...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Alaric. That is a lot clearer now thanks. Sound advice on his part too, even if he does want to go medieval on my ass...
    yes, quite, or something.

I'm now going to Caius, not Girton, sorry Pol, you'll have to wait for tomorrow to meet me. I'm too drunk for first impressions anyway!

Sleep well everyone!

A.

ReputationRep:
    I'm now going to Caius, not Girton, sorry Pol, you'll have to wait for tomorrow to meet me. I'm too drunk for first impressions anyway!
    Your loss dude! :rolleyes:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.