The Student Room Group
Reply 7960
Camford
I bought a new loaf last night. Cost me 72p. That is some expensive bread I have to say. Now it's sitting quietly with the two bottles of cheap (half price for this week, methinks) wine I bought on Tuesday. I have lectures every morning at 9. I get up about 7:30. If you want toast in the morning, let me know the night before. I'll safely pass it onto you the next morning, when my toasts have popped.

at home you can get bread for like 19p but its a bit horrible i like kingsmill gold best :wink: which is about 70p or 80p. I couldnt find ANY plain low fat yog insainsburys though it was all like £2 its 33p in asda :eek:

I ha a 10am lecture this morning. i woke up at 9.55 - I was sitting in the leacture theatre for 10.03. I think this may be a record.........?
Alaric
I guess I might just not have this problem by scaring people off with the undone washing up? :rolleyes:

If people are drunk, they don't care what's in the sink. They'll anything, even plastic.
Reply 7962
Camford
Owen (the guy asked you for a lighter) and some girl(s) (from 2nd floor in our staircase) got drunk that night. I blame it on them.

If you didn't notice me about 10 minutes ago, that's because I intended to do so. *Waves back*

she never gave my damn lighter back either. i wouldnt mind exceot i only have 1 so now i dont have any. i dont smoke so its not heartbreaking but they are just handy things to have...?
crana9
at home you can get bread for like 19p but its a bit horrible i like kingsmill gold best :wink: which is about 70p or 80p. I couldnt find ANY plain low fat yog insainsburys though it was all like £2 its 33p in asda :eek:

I ha a 10am lecture this morning. i woke up at 9.55 - I was sitting in the leacture theatre for 10.03. I think this may be a record.........?

em... No. Theoritically, a mathmo from pembroke can get up at 8:55 for the 9 o'clock lecture and get there before 9. If they leave in one of the staircases close to the back entrance, they can get dressed and run down to the lecture theatre in 3 minutes in the new museum site. I'm pretty sure someone has done that before. But 8 minutes, that's very very very impressive.
Reply 7964
crana9

Cycle to ASDA then, I've never been to this fabled place before, but I know grads who shop there and I have been to two of the Tescos :tongue:

The 'burys is in actual fact, one of the poorest stocked places in the world, it doesn't even have tinned lentils!

Alaric.
crana9
she never gave my damn lighter back either. i wouldnt mind exceot i only have 1 so now i dont have any. i dont smoke so its not heartbreaking but they are just handy things to have...?

Well... I hope things get better when all the courses start rolling.
Reply 7966
crana9

:eek:
I don't care what you say, that's not exactly friendly and not any way to act in freshers week either
Alaric
Cycle to ASDA then, I've never been to this fabled place before, but I know grads who shop there and I have been to two of the Tescos :tongue:

The 'burys is in actual fact, one of the poorest stocked places in the world, it doesn't even have tinned lentils!

Alaric.

I wanted to buy some ham to go with my loaf, and I couldn't find any. Do they actually have them?
Alaric
:eek:
I don't care what you say, that's not exactly friendly and not any way to act in freshers week either

I could have hit the guy with sledge hammer on the head and he won't remember what's hit him.
Reply 7969
camford, i thiought it wa pretty damn good considering i had to get dressd and brush my hair etc, and also i cant run i look extremely stupid

alaric, i dont have a bike :frown: but i DO have a tin of lentils. NA NA NE NA NA!!

i am unhappy thiough because for 2 days running i have not see the olive man at the market, and i want to make something with olives in it *sniff* i bought carrots and everything

by the way, i saw in sainsburys today, loads of their currys (the chilled ones) have this Taste Challenge thing on and you send off your receipt and they send you back the cost of it or something. however i couldnt see any veggy ones :frown: but there you go a free dinner for someone out there
Reply 7970
Camford
I wanted to buy some ham to go with my loaf, and I couldn't find any. Do they actually have them?

There's normally some (expensive) ham in the refridgerated aisle, opposite the cheeses, between quiche and the margerines.
crana9
camford, i thiought it wa pretty damn good considering i had to get dressd and brush my hair etc, and also i cant run i look extremely stupid

I said it was impressive. I couldn't be bothered to attend lectures with an empty stomach. It would kill me if I do that.
Alaric
There's normally some (expensive) ham in the refridgerated aisle, opposite the cheeses, between quiche and the margerines.

I want some cheap ham to go with the bread :frown: . I still have some cheese left in my possession and a jar of strawberry jam. It should last me for another 2 weeks.
Reply 7973
Camford
I said it was impressive. I couldn't be bothered to attend lectures with an empty stomach. It would kill me if I do that.

it wasn't just the hour-long lecture, i had 2 1/4 hours of practical after that before i could dash home, grab some food (luckily i had already made a lovely rice salad, although my damn friend ate one of my cauliflower currys) and a much needed coffee and then i had to dash back again for another 2 horus. i enevr want to see a microscope again in my life
Reply 7974
crana9
also i cant run i look extremely stupid

How stupid, wavy hands stupid like Phoebe in friends?

crana9
alaric, i dont have a bike :frown: but i DO have a tin of lentils. NA NA NE NA NA!!

Tescos is what I'd regard as just about in walking distance if there's something I needed. (Ie I've walked further away than it to get to B&Q and carried a large piece of chipboard back.)

But I am jealous of your lentils. I can't actually be bothered to make what I normally do out of them though, it's too much hassle when I can just fry some fish fingers :smile:.
Reply 7975
ooh, what do you normally make? i dont really know what to do with them to be honest. everyone, share your gyp-room-suitable recipes, i refuse to eat in hall unless ihave to, it is pretty disgusting!

submissions must be
1) tasty
2) cheap
3) not involve me in hours of searing rouhnd sainsburys trying to find obscure thing

camford, you can pinch some of my PB/honey if you must for your bread :wink: I dont eat ham tho.
Alaric
Tescos is what I'd regard as just about in walking distance if there's something I needed. (Ie I've walked further away than it to get to B&Q and carried a large piece of chipboard back.)

Where is the Tesco? I'll do anything (not literally, except picking locks) to know the location of Tescos.
Reply 7977
Camford

I think I got a bit of a reputation amongst natscis in my college, I tended to regard going to lectures to being a bit like going to the cinema. I'd sit there munching breakfast and not paying much in the way of attention to doing anything like taking notes :tongue:.
crana9
it wasn't just the hour-long lecture, i had 2 1/4 hours of practical after that before i could dash home, grab some food (luckily i had already made a lovely rice salad, although my damn friend ate one of my cauliflower currys) and a much needed coffee and then i had to dash back again for another 2 horus. i enevr want to see a microscope again in my life

Could have been worse. I have 3 lectures on Thursday morning and 2 hours of practical in the afternoon. But that's not the worst I've ever experienced. I remember back in China, the school used to make you stay from 7:30 to 12:00 then 14:00 to 19:00.
Reply 7979
Camford
Where is the Tesco? I'll do anything (not literally, except picking locks) to know the location of Tescos.

It's on Newmarket Road, up past the big roundabout and beyond the grafton by about half a mile.

http://www.multimap.com/clients/browse.cgi?client=tesco1&local=&GridE=546483&GridN=258909&dist=1.1

Latest

Trending

Trending