Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Surely that would take a wee while (children can come in under a year, but grandchildren take a tad longer!)...

Don't worry, we'll kick off the discussion when your grandchildren are born. In this very same thread. I hope by then, this is the largest thread in the history known to man kind.

ReputationRep:
    I was amused in ym intro lecture yesterday to hear the lecturer say:

"Those of you who are down as people from Girton when you are actually from Jesus, do not panic, i know this may be very stressful for you but you can change it on the website"

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    I was amused in ym intro lecture yesterday to hear the lecturer say:

"Those of you who are down as people from Girton when you are actually from Jesus, do not panic, i know this may be very stressful for you but you can change it on the website"

lol
    When we went to the union they said, "Welcome to the Union. ANd to those of you from Girton, welcome to Cambridge!"

hehe

ReputationRep:
    I forgot about our college's ent tonight. Dammit, I was supposed to be all supportive this term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Why did you not come to clare cellars?
    Ralf was there! It kicked off (finally) in the last 45 when the headliner started, was good fun!

mmm, could do with gardies now....

Alaric.
    I think we walked through Clare, but there were gowns everywhere so we didn't try and get in. I did hear someone in Kings' bar talking about Cellars, but I dunno if it was Clare Cellars.

I really cant beleive that hip hop is liked so much here..............

ReputationRep:
    though I don't think so much of NWA. (Am I really showing my age here..?! )

My older brothers used to listen to NWA.........I feel so young now. cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered that both Alaric and Fishpaste are Clareites. This makes my question all the more pertainent!
    Yes, but you'll have to pay more on ents nights (£4 instead of £3 I think.) If you're just coming down in the week, then you can come in anyway.

I didn't go last night, went to the lateshow at the ADC instead. It was very funny, though I'd seen half of it before in May Week.

ReputationRep:
    damn it....why cant i get any of this information about comedy and the such!? is there a regular schedule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yes, but you'll have to pay more on ents nights (£4 instead of £3 I think.) If you're just coming down in the week, then you can come in anyway.
    Yes, it's worth pointing out that ents nights are intentionally not college-centric. It's a totally different crowd from who turn up to the bops etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    I think we walked through Clare, but there were gowns everywhere so we didn't try and get in. I did hear someone in Kings' bar talking about Cellars, but I dunno if it was Clare Cellars.

I really cant beleive that hip hop is liked so much here..............
    Kings also has cellars, so that's a bit ambiguous.

There's a music scene for most genres here, obviously not as big as London or anything but it's not soo bad. I think the scratch perverts played Emma's event last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    i joined CUAAS I think, cambridge university atheist and agnostic society
    Ahh then you might have met Joe Lee-Moyet, I think he's the president of that (it was called the humanist society) and II worked with him over the summer in my job.

ReputationRep:
    Which style?

BTW - I went to Downing yesterday and found we have dining rights there. This is bouncy as I can go there after lectures on the Downing site without a trek to Girton's annex in town
    I tend to find people in Cam are more fond of the funk end of hip hop rather than rap. So I don't think I've ever heard any NWA played around here, and tbh showing my age, I only really remember the older stuff.

Last night in the main set there was some J5, house of pain, public enemy, I seem to recall skeelo for a moment or two too, but also plenty of stuff I didn't recognise.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I tend to find people in Cam are more fond of the funk end of hip hop rather than rap. So I don't think I've ever heard any NWA played around here, and tbh showing my age, I only really remember the older stuff.
    A.
    I don't like hip hop, full stop.

ReputationRep:
    hip hop is v good after a bit of alcohol! Otherwise it's good if you dont feel like talking much, but rather want to sit there....and if you want to talk you have to shout lots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    hip hop is v good after a bit of alcohol! Otherwise it's good if you dont feel like talking much, but rather want to sit there....and if you want to talk you have to shout lots!
    That makes it pretty much s*** in my opinion. I heard there's a free classical concert on tomorrow somewhere. Where?

ReputationRep:
    Someone introduced a blipping machine to the forum. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ooo let me try: **** **** ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ooo let me try: **** **** ****
    Fuсk shіt bаstard

ReputationRep:
    It's only for people under 21

ReputationRep:
    It's only for people under 21
    How rude!

I went rowing today

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.