Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by polthegael)
Thanks for inviting me Is your offer only open to REAL Cambridge people..?

ah sorry pol, my invitation is of course open to any of you lovely people

plus, i do have my lovely salsa and tortilla chips (M&S, no less!) too. when i go and reclaim them
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone fancy estimating the mass of an ant?
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks for inviting me Is your offer only open to REAL Cambridge people..?
You're not from Cambridge, you're from Girton... don't ya know!

j/k
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmmm.,...i'm bored! I've only got a couple of odds and ends to tie up with a few maths questions, but apart from that I dont know what to do with myself. Someone suggest something!
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
mentally ill and willa, i feel a bit left out do you want to come to mine later on ?

rosie
ooo yay...an invitation..I'd definitely like to come over...when you want me to!?
Poc ar buile
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
We were going to go to Pembroke yesterday, actually. Myself, my lovely college sister (how is too nice and refused to go home even though she blatently didn't want to be there), and a fellow medic called Yuqi were randomly wandering between colleges all night. I was embarrassing them by speaking to random people (I do that a lot, especially drunk and I'd had a couple of bottles of wine and other stuff :eek: ) We thought there was a party in a field (that sounded cool, both literally and idiomatically so we hooned out to a Trinity annex which wasn't a field - it was just called something field I didn't like the Trinity ppl too much - they seemed well stuck up but King's people were bouncy

Pembroke and Clare watch out because I intend to pay you both a visit sometime soon!
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Anyone fancy estimating the mass of an ant?
Half a gram..? :confused:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Haalf a gram..? :confused:
too heavy for an ant don't you thing?
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago
too heavy for an ant don't you thing?
I neither know nor care, though if it is for a wee red one or something, it's probably ok for a big wood ant thing..
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
25 mg i reckon!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
25 mg i reckon!
the answer says roughly 0.001 gram. DEATH TO ALL PHYSICS ESTIMATION THINGIES QUESTIONS!! :mad:
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
where is this question from?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
where is this question from?
Q1 on the physics example sheets thing.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm kinda bored too. Trying to do the example sheet for my first supervision tomorrow
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Q1 on the physics example sheets thing.
argh...i havent tackled any of those...i'm waiting for my physics teacher to tell me which ones to do....although maybe i'll tackle a few anyway after tomorrow's lecture.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
argh...i havent tackled any of those...i'm waiting for my physics teacher to tell me which ones to do....although maybe i'll tackle a few anyway after tomorrow's lecture.
That lecture who did this is following Fermi's footsteps.
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the answer says roughly 0.001 gram. DEATH TO ALL PHYSICS ESTIMATION THINGIES QUESTIONS!! :mad:
They're really annoying in the first week, they get more sensible, it's just to try and get you to think
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
They're really annoying in the first week, they get more sensible, it's just to try and get you to think
I know, I can't do estimations. I can't think like Enrico. Nobody think like Enrico anymore.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone care to estimate the weight of an elephant? A mountain? And the number of piano tuners in Cambridge?
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
An Elephant weight 8 Neltons, where 1 Nelton is approximately 1/8th the weight of an elephant

There are 2 goggles of piano tuners in cambridge, where 1 goggle of piano tuners is equal to half the number of piano tuners in cambridge
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (42)
22.58%
Less motivated (144)
77.42%

Watched Threads