Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    An Elephant weight 8 Neltons, where 1 Nelton is approximately 1/8th the weight of an elephant

There are 2 goggles of piano tuners in cambridge, where 1 goggle of piano tuners is equal to half the number of piano tuners in cambridge
    Good answers. Except Duffett-Smith wouldn't accept them.

ReputationRep:
    he your super?

ReputationRep:
    No, but my super won't accept them either.

ReputationRep:
    has your super already asked you to do those questions then? i havent been asked to do any yet so I wont bother!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Anyone fancy estimating the mass of an ant?
    The Physics examples are evil! I've skipped that one for now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by androidkiller)
    The Physics examples are evil! I've skipped that one for now!
    Wake up Enrico Fermi from his coffin. He's one started it. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    has your super already asked you to do those questions then? i havent been asked to do any yet so I wont bother!
    No, but everyone else in Pembroke is doing them. I felt peer pressure for the first bloody time in my life.

ReputationRep:
    No, but everyone else in Pembroke is doing them. I felt peer pressure for the first bloody time in my life.
    Yup, **** like that happens. If one person does the work, everyone feels obliged to do it or else you might face the question "so why didn't you do any work? he/she seems to have managed it" at your supervision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Yup, **** like that happens. If one person does the work, everyone feels obliged to do it or else you might face the question "so why didn't you do any work? he/she seems to have managed it" at your supervision!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't want my super go medieval on my ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I prefer to call it competition, it's much more fun when you win

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't want my super go medieval on my ass.
    I was in a supervision once where the supervisor opened a can of whoop ass on my supervision partner for not doing any work! :eek: It was not pleasant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I was in a supervision once where the supervisor opened a can of whoop ass on my supervision partner for not doing any work! :eek: It was not pleasant!
    Now I definitely don't want to drink "woopass", I don't even want to see a can of such thing. Take it away from me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I prefer to call it competition, it's much more fun when you win
    Shut up Alaric......

ReputationRep:
    *cries like a girl* all the mathmos ran down to put our work in the pigeon hole for the 18.00 deadline and a few people had somehow done the ENTIRE numbers and sets and differential equations examples sheets. despite having been to enough lectures to just about write their names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    *cries like a girl* all the mathmos ran down to put our work in the pigeon hole for the 18.00 deadline and a few people had somehow done the ENTIRE numbers and sets and differential equations examples sheets. despite having been to enough lectures to just about write their names.
    Right now you talking about? I think I can do about half of those example sheets and I'm a CompSci. You! If you don't the "woopass" treatment, then you'd better work harder!!

EDIT: Very very v bad "gamesmanship"...

ReputationRep:
    Off to dinner. This probably means another trip down to Gardies later tonight... Why do I need to eat so much??

ReputationRep:
    To be a Fresher and worry about deadlines again... how I don't miss it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    To be a Fresher and worry about deadlines again... how I don't miss it!
    Does anyone know where I can buy a can of "woopass" to give to Baz?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone fancy a college crawl later?

Did one yesterday and fancy doing another one tonight... No Girtonians up4it so is anyone else?

Basically we try to get into as many colleges as possible which aren't our own, have a drink in their bar and hoon to the next place.

BTW - getting friends to let us in is blatent cheating, we have to blag something if porters stop us..

ReputationRep:
    Are you not supposed to drink in other colleges bars?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.