Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Dead bodies do bother some people

Brains do too
    Zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies brains zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies zombies brains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Blah blah blah blah...guys, I'm with Pol. You all rule. Marvellous. Now talk about normal stuff. Or we'll start talking about dead people. A lot.
    Dead bodies are cool man... Let's get married... mmmkay...

ReputationRep:
    Dead bodies do bother some people

Brains do too
    Nash equilibrium bothers people too, but I don't threaten to talk about it. Even though I could, in detail. And I'd rather enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I did a small function to decode the sequence in the BG building this afternoon, but it's just too tedeous and doesn't do UTF-8. Blah, I'll leave my brain to Larry the Great, I'm sure he'll do a brilliant job in teaching it everything it needs to know about ML.
    There are two sets of codes in the lab, one lot on the research side and one on main street floor. One says something boring like "Computer Laboratory" or "William Gates Building" or something drear. The other is the original instruction set of the EDSAC and wouldn't make any sense to decode it. I forget which is which, but I doubt you'd need the 8th bit for the message, I'm sure normal 7-bit ascii would do (and ML does do that).

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered something... There's a girl living my staircase with initials A.V.G. which makes her a well known free antivirus software. Wonder if she actually can resist virus infection without any updates :rolleyes: ... Em... I wonder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Nash equilibrium bothers people too, but I don't threaten to talk about it. Even though I could, in detail. And I'd rather enjoy it.
    I got briefly taught about Nash equilibrium in our Economics and Law course, it seemed interesting. But the games we were doing were rather trivial, and some had dominant strategies anyway. (though they may have been the single iteration games).
    I think I'd like to read up more on game and auction theories when I have some time, but an entire degree in them seems like overkill.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    There are two sets of codes in the lab, one lot on the research side and one on main street floor. One says something boring like "Computer Laboratory" or "William Gates Building" or something drear. The other is the original instruction set of the EDSAC and wouldn't make any sense to decode it. I forget which is which, but I doubt you'd need the 8th bit for the message, I'm sure normal 7-bit ascii would do (and ML does do that).

Alaric.
    It says "Computer Laboratory " followed by a 3-byte "-" then " AD 2001 " and then another 3-byte "-" and then " " and then a 3-byte smiley.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We so are neighbours!! I'm on St Paul's Road too! Freaky I knew Caius had houses there too but it never crossed my mind for a second you might be living there...
    what number? (i'm part of the noisy bunch at 3 and 4...)

btw, isn't asda a good bit further away than tescoes? (wrt food shopping...)

ReputationRep:
    I got briefly taught about Nash equilibrium in our Economics and Law course, it seemed interesting. But the games we were doing were rather trivial, and some had dominant strategies anyway. (though they may have been the single iteration games).
    I think I'd like to read up more on game and auction theories when I have some time, but an entire degree in them seems like overkill.

Alaric.
    What's nash equilibrium? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    uh oh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    uh oh...
    Am I too young to remember that stuff?

ReputationRep:
    You'll find out in your second year .

ReputationRep:
    You'll find out in your second year .
    Will Larry the Great teach that to me?

ReputationRep:
    Am I too young to remember that stuff?
    huh? i was just dreading the return of baz and the his anticipated ramblings on obscure subjects... particularly when you are practically begging to set it off with that question...

back to more familiar stuff like dead bodies please

ReputationRep:
    Will Larry the Great teach that to me?
    Ross "Varsity's most powerful person in Cambridge" Anderson will, he might also take you for Software Engineering I.

Larry will probably only take you for Software Engineering II this year, and Logic and Proof next year.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    huh? i was just dreading the return of baz and the his anticipated ramblings on obscure subjects... particularly when you are practically begging to set it off with that question...

back to more familiar stuff like dead bodies please
    Yeah, dead bodies. Dead bodies are so cool man... They are so in these days... Even among non medic societies...

ReputationRep:
    Ross "Varsity's most powerful person in Cambridge" Anderson will, he might also take you for Software Engineering I.

Larry will probably only take you for Software Engineering II this year, and Logic and Proof next year.

Alaric.
    Owwwww.......

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, dead bodies. Dead bodies are so cool man... They are so in these days... Even among non medic societies...
    see... the power of dead bodies... even the uninitiated are swayed... medics rule.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised that I behave like an 8-year-old girl on this forum. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    see... the power of dead bodies... even the uninitiated are swayed... medics rule.
    Moving dead bodies are even better man... They'll rule the world one day, man...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.