Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Not just grads man.. Most 2nd yrs are there too.. Try the food. It's nice and cheap if somewhat monotonously lamb!
    oh okay, the only older girtonian I know lived in girton village for his second year, it's probably equi-distant to get to wolfson court or clare from here. I've never tried out our reciprocal agreement thing though, I staunchly don't eat in college

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I need a burger...
    you need to eat more than a bar of chocolate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    She laughed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    you need to eat more than a bar of chocolate
    anyone want to go to gardies?

ReputationRep:
    what was that all about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    what was that all about?
    Nothing much

ReputationRep:

I have the world's meanest supervisor!
    I checked my email before heading off to lectures today and had the latest essay title to add to the collection, this essay was for Thursday, I wasn't happy at that so spent most of the day worrying how the heck I'm going to get everything done and meet up with a friend on Saturday and walking on Sunday as I planned last night. I have just checked my email again now and the same evil supervisor now wants it by 11am tomorrow! That's less than 24 hours! It's not an impossible title but it's not the nicest either! 'Humans can only be understood as cultural beings', this is for biological anthropology! :mad:
    I've also just finished my first essay, which I'm not happy with at all!

I'm still having a great time and enjoying everything though!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we met at the Café Nero thing, but ur welcome to the college crawl tomorrow night if you want to forget about supervisions!

Just stay away from me unless I get over this Fresher's flu crap.. Not that that'll keep a bouncy Irishman like myself down

ReputationRep:
    what? how can people hate you already? You've only been here like a week, what on earth did you do to them?
    ask them *sobs*

ReputationRep:
    But we have our annex in town (near Lucy and Trinity's annex called something [Burrell's??] Field where I went to get wasted a few days ago ) which is the same price as college..
    well if its that great, eat there then!!

i live so near i can just nip home and get all manner of tasty delights from my fridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    ask them *sobs*
    Well if you bring them to another meet up I will...

and stop crying, I don't like it when girls cry. Tis not necessary either, their probably both also sitting around crying thinking you hate them.
    Perhaps you do!

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)

I checked my email before heading off to lectures today and had the latest essay title to add to the collection, this essay was for Thursday, I wasn't happy at that so spent most of the day worrying how the heck I'm going to get everything done and meet up with a friend on Saturday and walking on Sunday as I planned last night. I have just checked my email again now and the same evil supervisor now wants it by 11am tomorrow! That's less than 24 hours! It's not an impossible title but it's not the nicest either! 'Humans can only be understood as cultural beings', this is for biological anthropology! :mad:

If they continue to give you such short notice you should tell your DoS, they're supposed to be organised enough to give you adequate notice and in my experience DoSs and people aren't impressed if they're just trying to organise their marking around their social life.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    i dont hate them

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we met at the Café Nero thing, but ur welcome to the college crawl tomorrow night if you want to forget about supervisions!

Just stay away from me unless I get over this Fresher's flu crap.. Not that that'll keep a bouncy Irishman like myself down
    I couldn't make it on Wednesday, I had to meet my supervisor (the evil one no less!) at 4:30pm, I planned to pop in and say hi but then realised I didn't know where I was going for the meeting so needed to leave time for getting lost etc!

Whilst the idea of a college crawl sounds like fun I don't think it would be wise, I don't ever really drink much and my poor liver doesn't know what's hit it!! Today is the first day since I arrived here where I've not drunk anything alcoholic! :eek: I really do have a pile of work to do, all for this week or next and Wednesday evening I have various squash things! I will come to a meet eventually! I promise!

Whilst avoiding my essay earlier I was wondering if I would have met and made friends with the same people from here if I hadn't ever been on here...that really doesn't make as much sense written down!
    People in particular;
    Katy. (Katiyakat) is now a good friend!
    Helen. (Helenia) Met in summer and here at CUSAGC stuff, is also really nice!
    Selena (Naelse) I see round college quite a bit and is one of my sisters!
    Troy (Mentally Ill) on my course, yet to properly speak to him though, said hi!
    Harriet (Haz) is my subject rep in college, mother (I think, she was at our family meal anyway!) of my arch & anth friends
    Michael (hope it's Michael, androidkiller I believe) I also met at CUSAGC stuff!

It's all a bit strange really!!

ReputationRep:
    If they continue to give you such short notice you should tell your DoS, they're supposed to be organised enough to give you adequate notice and in my experience DoSs and people aren't impressed if they're just trying to organise their marking around their social life.

Alaric.
    If she does it again I think we all will, our DoS emailed us today asking how we're getting on etc, not sure I'm brave enough to say anything just yet!

ReputationRep:
    If she does it again I think we all will, our DoS emailed us today asking how we're getting on etc, not sure I'm brave enough to say anything just yet!
    It's not normally worth getting all formal on their asses, but just letting your DoS know in a quick email seems reasonable. I rearranged supervisors a bit last year when I found out one we liked and got on well with was researching in the area a less good one was going to supervise us in.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    argh...feel for me...i had to get up at this stupid time to go rowing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    isnt physiology fun :rolleyes:

nicky help me understand *cries* im in all my supervisions (i think?) with hte same two girls. and i think they hate me
    I know that you can have that effect on a lot of people...Were you being your normal "i'll ask questions till I get banned" self?

Congrats on your cooking btw glad to help. i am gonna get you some proper masala from here as well as thoe hot tamales you asked for.

ReputationRep:

That essay sounds mean :eek:

Here's my bioanth essay:

"What determines whether the frequency of a gene changes from generation to generation or remains stable?"

Mine is a lot more sciency than yours! Maybe that's a good thing.... :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :mad:......but actually, it sounds as if you will be required to make an argument which provides evidence that humans can be understood as biological beings, not only cultural.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    hey svfgot back from uniq'[email protected] life ...bit some guy
    Hmmm...intriguing...but I can't possibly go running to Clareifornication just yet

I went to Cindies last night. Uber cheese all the way! I met Ralfskini there too, which was random but cool. Now have to go to lectures and then rowing :eek:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Corpus Christi College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Pembroke College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.