The Student Room Group
Willa
rosie...is this the tshirt you are referring to: http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~wcjb2/holiday/image6.jpg

that's my friend btw

That suit him. Shouldn't it be transexual though?
Camford
That suit him. Shouldn't it be transexual though?

Not unless he had a sex change, surely...

Transvestite, maybe.. Messed up, definitely..
i'm not a lesbinim :frown: but apparently most of clare freshers are?! soooo many last night from clare
Reply 8523
he wore it to demonstrate the stupidty of a guy wearing such a t-shirt!

Hmmers exercise 2* = tricky...i'm way out of practice!
polthegael
Not unless he had a sex change, surely...

Transvestite, maybe.. Messed up, definitely..

:biggrin: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Willa
he wore it to demonstrate the stupidty of a guy wearing such a t-shirt!

Hmmers exercise 2* = tricky...i'm way out of practice!

Indeed, I hate ml for it's inablity to do implicit type casting. But I'm loving it for being a super-duper caculator.
Reply 8526
are we allowed to define a "power" function do you think for 2*?
Willa
are we allowed to define a "power" function do you think for 2*?

don't have to, there's on in the math module. load it.
Gotta run, meeting someone who I don't know at 2pm this afternoon. I'll post my code up later if anyone want to see it for 2* (without e^z).
MentallyIll
That essay sounds mean :eek:

Here's my bioanth essay:

"What determines whether the frequency of a gene changes from generation to generation or remains stable?"

Mine is a lot more sciency than yours! Maybe that's a good thing.... :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :mad:......but actually, it sounds as if you will be required to make an argument which provides evidence that humans can be understood as biological beings, not only cultural.........

:redface:
I feel bad for not really speaking to you, even when you sat next to me today (but then I don't think lectures are that great as social occasions!) I'm quite a quiet person really and add to that how freaked out I am to be meeting people I've spoken to on here it's all too scary, it's improving though thankfully! I loved that lecture actually, both in fact, it's good to be finally getting stuck into it not just introductiony stuff!

I prefer your title, I miss proper science :frown: :tongue: :biggrin: ! Your ideas for my essay are the same as mine, which is always good. The crazy lady has now confused us more by changing our groups around and changing the time!

Are you going to the Anchor tonight at 8pm? If so, I might speak to you then! :smile:
Reply 8530
Camford
Indeed, I hate ml for it's inablity to do implicit type casting. But I'm loving it for being a super-duper caculator.

You what? ML is implicitly typed, that's what it does. Unless you restrict the scope of the type by performing some operation on it (like `=' restricting alpha to alpha prime, or `/' to real ) it is any type you like. That's what it's all about, most of the type checking errors in ML are because you've not caught potential conflicts between operators that create ambiguities.

Of course if you want to do:
int a = 5;
byte[] b = &a;
b[2] = 7;

or whatever the hacky C is, then you can't, but it's a good thing!

Alaric.
fishpaste
no i don't think yer hubby was there! it was absolutely full of clareites actually. it was brilliant, "omg you're a lesbo I had no idea :O" x 30

Hmmm, your year really is interesting! There were a few Clare freshers in there, one of the medics, though I can't remember her name. :redface: There was one Clare fresher guy who was getting quite busy, but I'm not sure if it's the one you're talking about, he had blonde hair but I wouldn't say it was that long.

Still not sure if I'm coming on the college crawl - rumours of a party, but shhhhh because if there is, it's an illegal one :wink:
Alaric
You what? ML is implicitly typed, that's what it does. Unless you restrict the scope of the type by performing some operation on it (like `=' restricting alpha to alpha prime, or `/' to real ) it is any type you like. That's what it's all about, most of the type checking errors in ML are because you've not caught potential conflicts between operators that create ambiguities.

Of course if you want to do:
int a = 5;
byte[] b = &a;
b[2] = 7;

or whatever the hacky C is, then you can't, but it's a good thing!

Alaric.

I am bothered!! I can't do 1 * 2.5 because 1 is an int!! Why can't ml just do 1*2.5 ?? It's stupid and lengthy. I have to use REAL.fromInt(1) * 2.5 and it comes out 2.5. (yes, capital REAL is necessary)
Helenia
Hmmm, your year really is interesting! There were a few Clare freshers in there, one of the medics, though I can't remember her name. :redface: There was one Clare fresher guy who was getting quite busy, but I'm not sure if it's the one you're talking about, he had blonde hair but I wouldn't say it was that long.

Still not sure if I'm coming on the college crawl - rumours of a party, but shhhhh because if there is, it's an illegal one :wink:

cool. there are loads of medics though. half of them are on my staircase! i'm fairly sure the guy you saw was adam.
fishpaste
cool. there are loads of medics though. half of them are on my staircase! i'm fairly sure the guy you saw was adam.

12 medics. Same as our year. Also, the reason there may have been quite so many people at Life last night was that Dan from BB5 was there (apparently?). :rolleyes:
Katie J
Are you going to the Anchor tonight at 8pm? If so, I might speak to you then! :smile:

If MentallyIll (Troy) is going to show up, I might show up as well, if you don't mind. I like quiet people, that's why I don't talk too much... well, in real life anyway.
Helenia
12 medics. Same as our year. Also, the reason there may have been quite so many people at Life last night was that Dan from BB5 was there (apparently?). :rolleyes:

I remember Pembroke LBG[T] officer mentioning that last... whenever it was.
Helenia

yeah i met him briefly :biggrin: but i mean like compared to all the other colleges there were sooooooooooooo many clare people.
fishpaste
yeah i met him briefly :biggrin: but i mean like compared to all the other colleges there were sooooooooooooo many clare people.

I wonder if there's a reason why........ :rolleyes:
Reply 8539
argh I just fell asleep, woke up, and thought it was thursday...my body clock is all over the place! ARGH!

I need to go buy some trainers....any recommondations as to where to go!?

Latest

Trending

Trending