Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    life as a gay icon sounds pretty dull...could that be a sign for the state of the gay population in general?
    yah. gayness is so 1997.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    lol he's rosie's friend and really quite spectacularly camp, that certainly isn't a secret so [email protected] just wondering what else he thought! :O
    Ah.... already, your minds are becoming one...

ReputationRep:
    lol he's rosie's friend and really quite spectacularly camp, that certainly isn't a secret so [email protected] just wondering what else he thought! :O
    well camp people arent necessarilly gay....but clearly he conforms to the stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    actually dan seemed really bored lol. he was all "cammmmmmbridge! you are the best i've done! *yawn* *stares at ceiling*"
    For the very reason, I refuse to watch BB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Ah.... already, your minds are becoming one...
    i'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    well camp people arent necessarilly gay....but clearly he conforms to the stereotype.
    There are quite a few camp guys in Pem. (apart from pete if he really is... never mind...)

ReputationRep:
    I am bothered!! I can't do 1 * 2.5 because 1 is an int!! Why can't ml just do 1*2.5 ?? It's stupid and lengthy. I have to use REAL.fromInt(1) * 2.5 and it comes out 2.5. (yes, capital REAL is necessary)
    Well for more non-trivial programs it's quicker to do type hinting such as: fun s x:real = x*x;

Besides you shouldn't force the operators to have default types if you can avoid it anyway. There's no real reason why you wouldn't have wanted it to truncate 2.5 and do integer multiplication in your example. Forcing it to make a decision in a situation like that is bad style.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    yah. gayness is so 1997.
    1997....that seems like a pretty dull year to me....so yeah...must be true!

I say bring back the hippies! I wanna be a hippy now! I already have birkenstocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yah

ReputationRep:
    i'm so confused
    if you are comfuse by any comments I made, you only need to remember that I am a CompSci.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    1997....that seems like a pretty dull year to me....so yeah...must be true!

I say bring back the hippies! I wanna be a hippy now! I already have birkenstocks!

hippies are boring too bring back 80s american suburbia. "DUDEEE!" "AWESOME SNEAKERS!" "RADICAL!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    OK, fine. I'll keep it buttoned in future.
    Sorry, every time I see these shoes I go mad :mad:, wasnt having a go

It cuts me up inside , curse these big feet.

Alaric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Well for more non-trivial programs it's quicker to do type hinting such as: fun s x:real = x*x;

Besides you shouldn't force the operators to have default types if you can avoid it anyway. There's no real reason why you wouldn't have wanted it to truncate 2.5 and do integer multiplication in your example. Forcing it to make a decision in a situation like that is bad style.

Alaric.
    I wanted ml to regard 1 as a real. I wasn't forcing it to truncate the 2.5 for me. It's a pain in the arse anyway.

ReputationRep:
    hippies are boring too bring back 80s american suburbia. "DUDEEE!" "AWESOME SNEAKERS!" "RADICAL!"
    no....my neighbour is like that (american grad) and it's got to me already!

Hippyness will never die...my electric guitar is an expression of my desire to (in the words of jack black) "Stick it to the man!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Sorry, every time I see these shoes I go mad :mad:, wasnt having a go

It cuts me up inside , curse these big feet.

Alaric
    You know what people say about people who has big feet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    no....my neighbour is like that (american grad) and it's got to me already!

Hippyness will never die...my electric guitar is an expression of my desire to (in the words of jack black) "Stick it to the man!"
    Sweet, dude...

ReputationRep:
    You know what people say about people who has big feet...
    ....they dont like "sole trader"?

....alaric was involved in that "endowment" talk 100 pages back or so though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ....they dont like "sole trader"?

....alaric was involved in that "endowment" talk 100 pages back or so though!
    If you want know the answer, then watch Notting Hill and find out.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, dude...
    stop it....stop it now. His favourite word is 'Sup. He loves 'Sup. Just reminds me of Joey in friends trying to be 19:

'Sup. 'Sup d00d. You playing playstation. Playstation....that's whack. 'Sup d00d with the whack playstation 'Sup.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted ml to regard 1 as a real. I wasn't forcing it to truncate the 2.5 for me. It's a pain in the arse anyway.
    I know, but I'm saying there is no difference between converting 1 to real as converting 2.5 to int. It's pretty much arbitrary. It's just that your program is ambiguous if you do things like that, it should be avoided.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.