Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
life as a gay icon sounds pretty dull...could that be a sign for the state of the gay population in general?
yah. gayness is so 1997.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
lol he's rosie's friend and really quite spectacularly camp, that certainly isn't a secret so [email protected] just wondering what else he thought! :O
Ah.... already, your minds are becoming one...
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol he's rosie's friend and really quite spectacularly camp, that certainly isn't a secret so [email protected] just wondering what else he thought! :O
well camp people arent necessarilly gay....but clearly he conforms to the stereotype.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
actually dan seemed really bored lol. he was all "cammmmmmbridge! you are the best i've done! *yawn* *stares at ceiling*"
For the very reason, I refuse to watch BB.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Ah.... already, your minds are becoming one...
i'm so confused
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
well camp people arent necessarilly gay....but clearly he conforms to the stereotype.
There are quite a few camp guys in Pem. (apart from pete if he really is... never mind...)
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am bothered!! I can't do 1 * 2.5 because 1 is an int!! Why can't ml just do 1*2.5 ?? It's stupid and lengthy. I have to use REAL.fromInt(1) * 2.5 and it comes out 2.5. (yes, capital REAL is necessary)
Well for more non-trivial programs it's quicker to do type hinting such as: fun s x:real = x*x;

Besides you shouldn't force the operators to have default types if you can avoid it anyway. There's no real reason why you wouldn't have wanted it to truncate 2.5 and do integer multiplication in your example. Forcing it to make a decision in a situation like that is bad style.

Alaric.
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yah. gayness is so 1997.
1997....that seems like a pretty dull year to me....so yeah...must be true!

I say bring back the hippies! I wanna be a hippy now! I already have birkenstocks!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
yah
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm so confused
if you are comfuse by any comments I made, you only need to remember that I am a CompSci.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
1997....that seems like a pretty dull year to me....so yeah...must be true!

I say bring back the hippies! I wanna be a hippy now! I already have birkenstocks!

hippies are boring too bring back 80s american suburbia. "DUDEEE!" "AWESOME SNEAKERS!" "RADICAL!"
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
OK, fine. I'll keep it buttoned in future.
Sorry, every time I see these shoes I go mad :mad:, wasnt having a go

It cuts me up inside , curse these big feet.

Alaric
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Well for more non-trivial programs it's quicker to do type hinting such as: fun s x:real = x*x;

Besides you shouldn't force the operators to have default types if you can avoid it anyway. There's no real reason why you wouldn't have wanted it to truncate 2.5 and do integer multiplication in your example. Forcing it to make a decision in a situation like that is bad style.

Alaric.
I wanted ml to regard 1 as a real. I wasn't forcing it to truncate the 2.5 for me. It's a pain in the arse anyway.
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hippies are boring too bring back 80s american suburbia. "DUDEEE!" "AWESOME SNEAKERS!" "RADICAL!"
no....my neighbour is like that (american grad) and it's got to me already!

Hippyness will never die...my electric guitar is an expression of my desire to (in the words of jack black) "Stick it to the man!"
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Sorry, every time I see these shoes I go mad :mad:, wasnt having a go

It cuts me up inside , curse these big feet.

Alaric
You know what people say about people who has big feet...
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
no....my neighbour is like that (american grad) and it's got to me already!

Hippyness will never die...my electric guitar is an expression of my desire to (in the words of jack black) "Stick it to the man!"
Sweet, dude...
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You know what people say about people who has big feet...
....they dont like "sole trader"?

....alaric was involved in that "endowment" talk 100 pages back or so though!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
....they dont like "sole trader"?

....alaric was involved in that "endowment" talk 100 pages back or so though!
If you want know the answer, then watch Notting Hill and find out.
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sweet, dude...
stop it....stop it now. His favourite word is 'Sup. He loves 'Sup. Just reminds me of Joey in friends trying to be 19:

'Sup. 'Sup d00d. You playing playstation. Playstation....that's whack. 'Sup d00d with the whack playstation 'Sup.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wanted ml to regard 1 as a real. I wasn't forcing it to truncate the 2.5 for me. It's a pain in the arse anyway.
I know, but I'm saying there is no difference between converting 1 to real as converting 2.5 to int. It's pretty much arbitrary. It's just that your program is ambiguous if you do things like that, it should be avoided.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (40)
22.22%
Less motivated (140)
77.78%

Watched Threads