Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    I know...some STEP offers are just ridiculous!! I'm doing 4 valid A-levels though (and also general studies, but that's not included in the offer), so I have some lee-way. I think that your AS may help you out if you miss your grades, you'd just have to pleed your case and hope that loads of others missed their offers but let's hope it doesn't come to that!!
    Yeeeah...if only i'd revised for chemistry... :rolleyes:
    At any rate - i loved my insurance (imperial) and in some ways its better (tis just straight geology) so although i'll be really annoyed with myself cus i didnt make the grades, i know that all is not lost

Heya Pol - any updates have been put on the first post by Gzftan and theres a link there to willa's website where theres a UKL chatroom frequented by ppl from this thread, although its been a bit dry on here today. I'd recommend reading the entire thread - tis quite interesting!
    I'm off to watch Merlin on Ch4 now...sam neill... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm daytime naps are yummy. I'm doing Geography and have no idea about the pets I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Why you doing so much man...

You English are strange! I got my 4As last year. Not 5,6,7, etc with STEP and all that nonsense!

Why do more than you need to and endanger the grades you all could so easily get otherwise?
    4 A-levels is not "so much"!! You say urself that u have 4 As so you did as much as me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    Mmmm daytime naps are yummy. I'm doing Geography and have no idea about the pets I'm afraid!
    i know i fell asleep in the garden earlier until it decided to get all cold and windy. TBH i doubt the pets thing - if they dont let you put blu tack on the walls there's no way they'll let me have rodents!

So we have a Geologist, an Archaeologist and a Geographer. Reasonably similar in that we all get to go OUTDOORS! Bring on the fieldtrips! woo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    So we have a Geologist, an Archaeologist and a Geographer. Reasonably similar in that we all get to go OUTDOORS! Bring on the fieldtrips! woo!
    Yes indeed, and while we're at it, bring on the waterproof trousers! Sexy, everything about me so sexy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    Yes indeed, and while we're at it, bring on the waterproof trousers! Sexy, everything about me so sexy...
    ooh yeah. Mine are a lovely midnight blue. how becoming

ReputationRep:
    4 A-levels is not "so much"!! You say urself that u have 4 As so you did as much as me!!
    And General Studies, you said! That's 5...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    And General Studies, you said! That's 5...
    Yes but General Studies requires no revision and no work.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but General Studies requires no revision and no work.
    what does it actually entail? I've heard people talk about it but i dont know what it actually is... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    what does it actually entail? I've heard people talk about it but i dont know what it actually is... :rolleyes:
    Hmmm, it looks like a real trek actually. I've just been looking at AQA Spec A.

Unit 1: Culture, Morality, Arts and Humanities
    Unit 2: Science, Mathematics and Technology
    Unit 3: Society, Politics and the Economy
    Unit 4: Culture, Morality, Arts and Humanities: French, German and Spanish options
    Unit 5: Science, Mathematics and Technology
    Unit 6: Society, Politics and the Economy

A Unit 1 question:

It is often claimed that we now live in a secular society dominated by materialistic values. How far do you believe this to be true?

What relevance do you think religious belief and practice in the United Kingdom have to contemporary social and cultural values?

(8 marks)

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, Unit 5 looks fun:

What are the physical requirements of a bridge?

Discuss how such a structure may have different aesthetic and engineering qualities. Use examples to illustrate your answer.
    It would be tempting to build an origami bridge with the exam booklet.

(Original post by Squishy)

Unit 1: Culture, Morality, Arts and Humanities
    Unit 2: Science, Mathematics and Technology
    Unit 3: Society, Politics and the Economy
    Unit 4: Culture, Morality, Arts and Humanities: French, German and Spanish options
    Unit 5: Science, Mathematics and Technology
    Unit 6: Society, Politics and the Economy

A Unit 1 question:
    I did that paper. It's not too bad because you can get away with a lot of waffle and tehre is multiple choice.

at AS i completely rambled about women trying to entrap their partners by getting pregnant on purpose for much of the paper, and it was actually my top mark at AS which is quite embarrassing really......!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)

A Unit 1 question:
    ergh! that question is horrid! Sounds like another time for the 'ol "learn the syllabus pass the exam" game If i didnt i know i'd completely miss the point and get 0 marks.
    crana? was it essays as well as multiple choice or was it short-answer qns like science paper?

ReputationRep:
    Been away for a few days and now i'm back i see we have some more members!!! Wahey !!!! So...i've updated the first post accordingly...apologies to Priya...but i only put up ppl who post in the thread...cos otherwise i'd have loads of ppl on the list...who don't actually post here!

I won't be online as often anymore...but i'll still do my best to keep this thread up to date!

Btw- new members are Naelsa, Katie J, Katiyakat and Priya...welcome to the thread....enjoy your stay!

One more request ppl....MORE PICS!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    One more request ppl....MORE PICS!!!!!!

G
    And in setting a good example...here is a newly scanned pic of me

G

(Tis me on the right)

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Piccieness

(Since I'm an honorary member, do I post a pic too?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, let's see if the next generation of Cam students are as good looking as the generation just gone

ReputationRep:
    Of course If I get in Cambridge shall be dazzled by my supreme gorgeousness! :cool:

*cough cough* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Yay! Piccieness

(Since I'm an honorary member, do I post a pic too?)
    Yes, do!

ReputationRep:
    You asked for it!
    Attached Images

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.