Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    women have defences!? man this is where i have been going wrong all these years

...and...OH...YOUR....GOD: :tsr:
    Apparently, women don't like anything that's within their reach. (Or maybe that's just what I think... never mind...).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Paul lives in the room above me. Unless there's another one.
    Short guy, very friendly?

Sarah said it's 4 guys to 8 girls so I guess, statistically, he's likely to be the one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Someone else said that about it being freaky (another girl on here). WHY?!? :confused:
    Maybe they mean we're freaky?

Maybe that's why the others didn't turn up to nero.

ReputationRep:
    Super is coming... I'm off...

ReputationRep:
    They measured my height and told me I'm 178cm. I know I'm not that tall (it's about 5'11" or something), but I was really anyway and will now like them forever!

ReputationRep:
    Short guy, very friendly?

Sarah said it's 4 guys to 8 girls so I guess, statistically, he's likely to be the one!
    yeah very short. geordie! that's the one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Maybe they mean we're freaky?

Maybe that's why the others didn't turn up to nero.
    The one I was referring to did turn up but said that anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I met two Clareite medics today in an anatomy demonstration (they kindly agreed to work with me as my dissection group are in another demonstration session for some bizarre reason!). They were really lovely (Sarah and Paul you called them)..
    I assume you mean procedures? You're not with all your dissection buddies because there are 4 groups for procedures and only two for dissection proper. I was split from some of mine last year, too. But that was fine. What isn't fine is that I'm now completely separate from all the people I used to work with last year :mad:

Pol, yeah, I said it was a bit freaky. Not actually meeting you guys, that's fine, but meeting you somewhere where my friends are too, and having to explain how I knew you, might be a bit embarassing (hence I don't do it). Think they should somehow be kept separate. Explaining why I was talking to Ralfskini last night in Cindies was bad enough. Having said that, Katie and I go to CUSAGC events together, and that's cool (if the other members haven't freaked her out totally yet!)

ReputationRep:
    The one I was referring to did turn up but said that anyway!
    Oh dear, we are that bad

I dunno, I've got a bit used to the random meeting people situation now, I suspect when a lot of people come to uni it's all a bit new.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Pol, yeah, I said it was a bit freaky. Not actually meeting you guys, that's fine, but meeting you somewhere where my friends are too, and having to explain how I knew you, might be a bit embarassing (hence I don't do it). Think they should somehow be kept separate. Explaining why I was talking to Ralfskini last night in Cindies was bad enough. Having said that, Katie and I go to CUSAGC events together, and that's cool (if the other members haven't freaked her out totally yet!)
    No one expected me to explain why I was talking to Ralf when he came to the cellars. Maybe they were thinking you were trying to pull him.

A.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I understand that. I don't fully agree with you though.. If we were in Southampton I'd be happy to introduce you all to my friends. I guess I'm just more comfortable with the idea of meeting ppl over the internet. This has probably got gender, self-confidence and loneliness factors associated with it, but I don't need to write any psychoanalytical essays on to of my supervision ones just now! :rolleyes:

And yes... I meant proceedures..!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like Cindies because the only time I've been I didn't go with anyone. I'm more than happy to chat to anyone but it's a bit loud in their so I walked around like a lemon until I bumped into Sen from Robinson whom I met at dissection and Allison from Maudline (sp?) whom I met at Fresher's party in Reading. I was ok then but no1 else from Girton turned up so I didn't get any free champagne :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    No one expected me to explain why I was talking to Ralf when he came to the cellars. Maybe they were thinking you were trying to pull him.

A.
    Erm, they may have thought that (as in, they were hovering "at the bar" and blatantly watching and gave me a proper grilling when I rejoined them :rolleyes: )But come on, this is Cindies, why else do people talk to people they don't know!?!

Pol, you're probably right, but I just don't feel comfortable with mixing the two worlds. Don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    dont you just hate how a single email from a supervisor, just a line long, can reduce your free time by multiple hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    dont you just hate how a single email from a supervisor, just a line long, can reduce your free time by multiple hours!
    Yeah but it ought to reduce theirs too, which makes me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Troy... If you are there, is it ok if myself and three or four other Girtonians meet up with you later in the Anchor? I'm looking for new recruits for my college crawl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My supervisor has just given me an unimaginable amount of work and my bf is coming tomorrow for the weekend and I want to get as much of it out of the way as I possibly can before he comes. No go for me although I really would have liked to (and fully intended to until 3pm :mad: )

Ah well..! Maybe some other time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    If MentallyIll (Troy) is going to show up, I might show up as well, if you don't mind. I like quiet people, that's why I don't talk too much... well, in real life anyway.
    Planning on joining the archaeology field club then?
    I feel even worse now, I've been good and reading my books and didn't make it to the pub.
    I am joining the AFC but just not tonight! Too busy.

ReputationRep:
    Someone else said that about it being freaky (another girl on here). WHY?!? :confused:

I thought that was the whole point of the site (i.e. to get to know people before we got here!)... :rolleyes:
    It's still wierd though, and as Helen said trying to explain to other people is a little uncomfortable to say the least!!
    I entered my family meal to be greeted with 'I'm Harriet from the forum', with Selena behind me, and a room full of people aswell what do you say to that?! It's cool in a way, just a bit freaky!

(Original post by Helenia)
    Helen, I can't thank you enough for saying you knew me through MAGIC rather than this forum! You're a lovely welcoming person and friendly but it's still freaky, hence not making myself known at the camp! CUSAGC stuff really isn't scary though, I was quiet yesterday out of essay stress, see earlier post about evil supervisor!

I suppose I understand that. I don't fully agree with you though.. If we were in Southampton I'd be happy to introduce you all to my friends. I guess I'm just more comfortable with the idea of meeting ppl over the internet. This has probably got gender, self-confidence and loneliness factors associated with it, but I don't need to write any psychoanalytical essays on to of my supervision ones just now! :rolleyes:

And yes... I meant proceedures..!
    Someone I was speaking to in the past week or in a lecture or something mentioned about doing ethnographies of internet based interactions/societies/communities, might actually be quite interesting (not quite as cool as going off to live in a tribe somewhere though!)...I think I've been working too hard, I'm constantly thinking of how I can turn things into arch & anth work! :eek:

ReputationRep:

I thought that was the whole point of the site (i.e. to get to know people before we got here!)... :rolleyes:
    I thought the whole point of the site (and forums in general) is to get to know people without having to go through the unpleasant experience of meeting them face-to-face and having to say things without taking five minutes to type, edit and retype them.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.