Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I could not possibly incriminate myself any further
    He he!
    Actually, I did notice!

Went tubbing today (after helplessly wandering around streets for ages completely lost!), I'm beginning to get the boatie thing better now!

(Argh, this post really isn't going to help my paranoia of the way people see single sex college students!!)

ReputationRep:
    Had a cool evening tonight! Went to Gardies (1st time! ) and sat on the wall outside Kings with a small group of us (inc. Katy geography aka Katiyakat!) discussing how I'd quite like to dig up the lawns there and 'geo phys' it!
    Then sat in The Eagle discussing all manner of crazy things, including Anglo Saxons v Vikings v Celts and cornish cream teas!
    Surreal but cool, I think I love it here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Had a cool evening tonight! Went to Gardies (1st time! ) and sat on the wall outside Kings with a small group of us (inc. Katy geography aka Katiyakat!) discussing how I'd quite like to dig up the lawns there and 'geo phys' it!
    Then sat in The Eagle discussing all manner of crazy things, including Anglo Saxons v Vikings v Celts and cornish cream teas!
    you should hve come and said hello thats only acorss the road forom me

i am so hating QB. i feel so thick. in fact, that goes for everythng i think.

ReputationRep:
    Shame it wasn't yesterday... You could have joined our college crawl! I would have liked to get into such a conversation with people.

I'm weird... Most times I just want to go out and get wasted like everyone else. Other times, however, I want to laze around and have deep meaningful conversations with people (not possible at Girton as we are all thick shіts!)

ReputationRep:
    i had mathmo formalllllll. pennying is the funnest. enforced making your mates get drunk, then encouraging them to steal formal crockery and penny their desert. oh you would.

ReputationRep:
    He he!
    Actually, I did notice!
    You noticed him, or you noticed me after him? :eek:

Raaa. I hate men, especially ones at crappy little gay tory colleges. Never going there again :mad: I'm glad lex enjoyed Clare formal though.

ReputationRep:
    Raaa. I hate men, especially ones at crappy little gay tory colleges. Never going there again :mad:
    Oh, I thought that you were defending said college last time you went there?

A.

ReputationRep:

Raaa. I hate men.
    What's wrong with men??...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    What's wrong with men??...
    clear evidence of penis envy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    clear evidence of penis envy
    Don't throw all the Freudian crap at me Will. I want some serious argument.

ReputationRep:

Raaa. I hate men, especially ones at crappy little gay tory colleges. Never going there again :mad: I'm glad lex enjoyed Clare formal though.
    I noticed him, but now you've said this I will be on the look out!

I don't know if I can make the walk now, I'm meeting up with a friend in London tomorrow, and have an archaeology essay for Monday (loving it though, so shouldn't be too much hassle really!) and then there's the whole sleep thing! I really really want to go, I said I'd let them know by Friday evening so it all depends how much I can do tonight and how much I reckon I can fit in on Sunday night.

Just had a great supervision, not at all scary and she wrote nice things on my essay! Maybe soc anth isn't so bad after all??

ReputationRep:
    Raaa. I hate men, especially ones at crappy little gay tory colleges. Never going there again :mad:
    What did you do this time? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    help me someone this is getting to be a real problem

i keep dozing off in my lectures ! even last night I made a real effort to get an early night, i got 9 hours of sleep, woke up and had a doubly strong coffee, went to lecture....and my eyes just physically won't stay open, and the next thing i know he's talking about something completely different

what more can i do to try and make myself stay awake i really try vbt you know when you can't actually focus your eyes and they keep shutting and you have to eally struggle to open them again.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)

i keep dozing off in my lectures ! even last night I made a real effort to get an early night, i got 9 hours of sleep, woke up and had a doubly strong coffee, went to lecture....and my eyes just physically won't stay open, and the next thing i know he's talking about something completely different

what more can i do to try and make myself stay awake i really try vbt you know when you can't actually focus your eyes and they keep shutting and you have to eally struggle to open them again.....

Oh dear...

You could come to my maths lecture and you'll know. Or maybe Digital Electronics...

ReputationRep:
    Just had my maths supervision time changed... to 8:30pm on Wednesday. Now that all my supervisions are on the same day... Yaks!!

Anyway... the time, location and the superviser makes me think about one thing. She's having the supervision at night, in the basement... I wonder if she's secretly a dominatress or something... :rolleyes: ...

ReputationRep:
    Oh Oh Oh.... just remembered that apple is better than coffee. Try that tomorrow. If you don't have apple, I can lend you one (lend?? :confused: ).

ReputationRep:

trick is to read about one or two pages ahead of the lecturer, then doze... not sleep, but basically doze, letting the noise get into your head... i find that this method somehow manages to get me about 80% info pickup from lectures, which isn't that bad... you do have to wake up every five or ten minutes to read another one or two pages though...

ReputationRep:
    i know just how you feel rosie.....i'm just about coping by having naps in the afternoon...i also drink tea in the lecture!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i know just how you feel rosie.....i'm just about coping by having naps in the afternoon...i also drink tea in the lecture!
    You lot are wimps.... I need none of that.

(I know I'll get hammered for the last comment.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Do you have scones with your tea as well?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.