Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    wassa tmi?

i refused to agree to having mri scans of my head though. although the lure of "a free picture of your brain" WAS tempting
    Transcranial magnetic something. Apparently they can make my hand twitch. It is an uberpowerful magnet, but only affects about 2cm^3 of tissue. It basically incites neural responses blah blah blah blah....

EDIT: it is actually TMS (shows how much fun im having here...)
    Transcranial magnetic stimulation
    http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/TMS

ReputationRep:
    Alaric, is it true that I can pick up XP pro with SP1a from the student reception of William Gates Building? And also download various other expensive MS stuff for free from this web site whatever its name is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Alaric, is it true that I can pick up XP pro with SP1a from the student reception of William Gates Building? And also download various other expensive MS stuff for free from this web site whatever its name is?
    Yes. It's linked from the information for current students page, you'll need a password though, they'll be giving you one if you haven't got one already. If you're in a real hurry try eailing someone called Graham Titmus, he deals with it all.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Yes. It's linked from the information for current students page, you'll need a password though, they'll be giving you one if you haven't got one already. If you're in a real hurry try eailing someone called Graham Titmus, he deals with it all.

Alaric.
    Even if I am in a hurry, getting the password won't help. Cos I don't have my computer with me... Damn!!

I just got an e-mail from this msdnaa or something saying that I can get these stuff. Just wondering if it is a hoax or not. Rather too good to be true...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Transcranial magnetic something. Apparently they can make my hand twitch. It is an uberpowerful magnet, but only affects about 2cm^3 of tissue. It basically incites neural responses blah blah blah blah....

EDIT: it is actually TMS (shows how much fun im having here...)
    Transcranial magnetic stimulation
    http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/TMS

we're making our lab partners hands contract witj electricity in a coupe of weeks i think

ReputationRep:
    I wanna do physiology.

ReputationRep:
    we're making our lab partners hands contract witj electricity in a coupe of weeks i think
    Muahahahahaha - superb practical

Go for the clamping-and-cooling - the effect is quite spectacular!

PS QB is ****e. Just remember you've just got to get through it for one year and then it's all good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Muahahahahaha - superb practical

Go for the clamping-and-cooling - the effect is quite spectacular!

PS QB is ****e. Just remember you've just got to get through it for one year and then it's all good!
    but it makes me feel stupid

ps. i just got photos of camford wearing a bra

ReputationRep:
    Now that I have to see...

ReputationRep:
    just wait till tomorrow , we're gpnna get cqamford drink for the furst time in hif life

ReputationRep:
    hehe. Can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    clareification was great today. so many freshers seem to have pulled *today* though, next week will be mayhem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    clareification was great today. so many freshers seem to have pulled *today* though, next week will be mayhem
    Make sure you report it all! And I heard you lot complaining your year was boring! You're far more into it than we were!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Make sure you report it all! And I heard you lot complaining your year was boring! You're far more into it than we were!
    we're just wondering if they'd print

"theresa and lee, sitting in a tree, felching where they should not be"

if you don't know what the f word means for the love of god don't do any internet searches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    we're just wondering if they'd print

"theresa and lee, sitting in a tree, felching where they should not be"

if you don't know what the f word means for the love of god don't do any internet searches
    Tell me they didn't actually do that?!? *vomits*

ReputationRep:
    they didn't actually do that. hopefully. it's just lee gave us all a lovely graphic description of such an act the other day. so now we leave him presents outside his door, usually straws.

ReputationRep:
    Is this type of thing common at Clare, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Is this type of thing common at Clare, then?
    [email protected] tongue.

*shudder*

ReputationRep:
    ps. i just got photos of camford wearing a bra
    The edge of humanity is near, I can almost feel it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    [email protected] tongue.

*shudder*
    ................................ ................................ ...................... *stunned*

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.