Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Fluffstar)
    ergh! that question is horrid! Sounds like another time for the 'ol "learn the syllabus pass the exam" game If i didnt i know i'd completely miss the point and get 0 marks.
    crana? was it essays as well as multiple choice or was it short-answer qns like science paper?
    it has all 3, but the short-answer ones aren't that short - just not essay-length.

you really don't need to learn the syllabus or anything just waffle about people not going to church and any random opinions you have picked up from watching Jerry Springer.

trust, that's what I did more or less and i got 300

(Original post by Acaila)
    You asked for it!
    you dont look much like your avatar

(Original post by gzftan)
    And in setting a good example...here is a newly scanned pic of me

G

(Tis me on the right)

your glasses suit you very nicely! you must have goneto specsavers

actually mine are from specsavers. iwill have to try and get a pic of me with my glasses on, or no one will recognise me.
    rosie
    just woke up after dreaming about escapin from prison all night, getting my grades ( i got a B in physics, with 10% in unit 5 apparently) and a deranged girl sharpening pencils and crying all day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you don't look like a big eye

I'm sure you don't look like a big eye
    actually, I do

In a triangle, no less.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told this makes me look older (I put it on ageguess.com and got about 32

Will someone please tell me I look younger (hint, I'm 27!)...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Dear, dear that quality is crappy! Will have to scan another one later!

ReputationRep:
    You look kinda scary Pol :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    your glasses suit you very nicely! you must have goneto specsavers
    Awwww...cheers medears! They better suit me...cost enough!!

Pics list is filling up nicely everyone...keep em coming in!

G

Awwww...cheers medears! They better suit me...cost enough!!

Pics list is filling up nicely everyone...keep em coming in!

G
    you do know if you are under 19 and in full time education & a uk citizen etc you can get a voucher to help pay for them? only it will only cover the total price of the really El Cheapo ones because the voucher is less than the ones for under 16s, or something like that. but yeah. it takes about £40 off the cost ( i think??) so mine were only £20 for frames & lenses

i am bored so here are some random photos from my collecton

1. an insane physics mouse

2. my sister wearing a fetching outfit made solely of skirts (in later pictures she also had a headdress)

3. me in y10 with blue hair

4. ou chemistry group, cambridge people are circled (if anyone from the group sees this pic and wants it taking down let me know?) - all the oether people in thr group are going to med school, vet school, or oxford, apart from 1 who is having a gap year - RESPECT to our chemistry group, you can see we are the best..

5. me with a toilet sign on a school trip in y10

ReputationRep:
    Crana, I owe you a compliment. You look mad

ReputationRep:
    gzftan - since when is my name Katie???

Random q which I don't know where to post - does anyone here have Durham as their insurance? I've had a letter from them about the Durham course which starts with 'I am delighted to learn that you have accepted an offer by this Department to read Geography' and continues on in a vein which suggests that it's my firm choice (e.g. 'When you arrive at Durham...'). They're probably just covering all their bases but it seems a bit odd. Has anyone else had something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)

Random q which I don't know where to post - does anyone here have Durham as their insurance? I've had a letter from them about the Durham course which starts with 'I am delighted to learn that you have accepted an offer by this Department to read Geography' and continues on in a vein which suggests that it's my firm choice (e.g. 'When you arrive at Durham...'). They're probably just covering all their bases but it seems a bit odd. Has anyone else had something similar?
    my insurance is durham (van mildert) and apart from the acceptance letter i've had nothing from them at all. in fact i've not heard anything from any uni since new years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I've been told this makes me look older (I put it on ageguess.com and got about 32

Will someone please tell me I look younger (hint, I'm 27!)...

Nice...Where is the profile mug-shot?

ReputationRep:
    You asked for it!
    Woohoo...Boudica!

ReputationRep:
    shiny does call me Viking girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    Oh whoops....is it not Katie then?? Sorry...i took the liberty of guessing from your username that your first name was Katie.....oh deary me....a thousand apologies.....please tell me your name so i can recitify it

Crana....i do get those voucher thingys...but glasses are still damn expensive!!! Plus...my eyesight is so bad that i need to buy the thinning option for them..otherwise it looks like i'm wearing drinks glasses on my eyes

G

ReputationRep:
    Oh whoops....is it not Katie then?? Sorry...i took the liberty of guessing from your username that your first name was Katie.....oh deary me....a thousand apologies.....please tell me your name so i can recitify it

Crana....i do get those voucher thingys...but glasses are still damn expensive!!! Plus...my eyesight is so bad that i need to buy the thinning option for them..otherwise it looks like i'm wearing drinks glasses on my eyes

G
    Can I not join this thread? I have an offer for music at Jesus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    Can I not join this thread? I have an offer for music at Jesus?
    Did i read somewhere you were entry 2005??? Of course you can join...just lemme get the specifics before i go making anymore mistkaes on the first post

Name, subject and college please!

G

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.