Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dont even mention nernst.

have you notcied all the pairs of physiologists who dsicover stuff have the same initials. i cant rememebr any of them just now but there was Huxley and Hodgkin (?) and some G dudes who discovered the lipid bilauyer and loads more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    :eek: Interesting friends you have there :eek:
    He was quoting one of the acts at comedy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    *phew*

(Original post by crana9)
    dont even mention nernst.

have you notcied all the pairs of physiologists who dsicover stuff have the same initials. i cant rememebr any of them just now but there was Huxley and Hodgkin (?) and some G dudes who discovered the lipid bilauyer and loads more.
    OK, I won't mention Nernst then

(Nernst is the "easy" bit )

OK, must go do some more reading xxxx

PS will be back on msn soon hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    although not quoting very well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    *phew*

OK, I won't mention Nernst then

(Nernst is the "easy" bit )

OK, must go do some more reading xxxx

PS will be back on msn soon hopefully!
    okay, byee! (at some slightly less hectic time, if there ever is one, we should meet up for a coffee or something!)

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe they axed "tom" from Spooks!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Fishpaste!! How do I go about finding the line of intersection of two planes?

ReputationRep:
    don't bother. Ignore me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Fishpaste!! How do I go about finding the line of intersection of two planes?
    find a vector in the direction of the line using the cross product, then tie it down with a point which you know is on the line. I thinnnnnnnnk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    find a vector in the direction of the line using the cross product, then tie it down with a point which you know is on the line. I thinnnnnnnnk!
    Em.... good point.. Makes sense...But how do I go about finding that damn point?

ReputationRep:
    Em.... good point.. Makes sense...But how do I go about finding that damn point?
    just set x = 0 and solve the simultaneous equation for y and z

ReputationRep:
    ARGH I've gone from 2 gems positive rep to negative rep in just a day! Incredible...it's amazing how stupid people are...dont see why they cant read forward to my post at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ARGH I've gone from 2 gems positive rep to negative rep in just a day! Incredible...it's amazing how stupid people are...dont see why they cant read forward to my post at the end.
    Who's been reading your posts? do you know? We are ready to go on a negging rampage. Revenge is sweet.

ReputationRep:
    will, what does the "direction cosines of a vector" mean?

ReputationRep:
    come on Will, rep avaible for helpful answer, don't need to be correct, just need to be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Who's been reading your posts? do you know? We are ready to go on a negging rampage. Revenge is sweet.
    no there is no way to tell!

It's stupid really....they think i'm stuck up because I am proud of the fact that I am in cambridge. Well at least i think that's what they're referring to. Obviously I dont strut around we my nose up at everyone else...i'm just secretly proud of the fact that i worked hard to get in...and i hope everyone else deserves to be here as well. If i thought didnt deserve to be here...I wouldn't have come here. So far I'm coping...so i think i deserve to be here....which yes...might sound stuck up, but only in a PC world....and in these cases you need to screw PC.

ReputationRep:
    will, what does the "direction cosines of a vector" mean?
    it's the cos of the angle between the axis and the vector projected onto that line. Remember that projecting a line onto another line = a.b, (a is projected onto b). But if b is a unit vector along the axis (i.e. i-hat, j-hat or k-hat) then a.b = |a|cos theta.....so (a.i-hat)/|a| = direction cosine for x direction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    no there is no way to tell!

It's stupid really....they think i'm stuck up because I am proud of the fact that I am in cambridge. Well at least i think that's what they're referring to. Obviously I dont strut around we my nose up at everyone else...i'm just secretly proud of the fact that i worked hard to get in...and i hope everyone else deserves to be here as well. If i thought didnt deserve to be here...I wouldn't have come here. So far I'm coping...so i think i deserve to be here....which yes...might sound stuck up, but only in a PC world....and in these cases you need to screw PC.
    Well... Never mind I'll give you some rep anyway. found the answer on mathworld.

I know what you are talking about... People just ain't good
    I think it's well understood,
    you see it everywhere you look,
    people just ain't no good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    If i thought didnt deserve to be here...I wouldn't have come here.

bah. im sticking up for the "a confused don mixed up my form with someone elses, but ill give it a go" camp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    bah. im sticking up for the "a confused don mixed up my form with someone elses, but ill give it a go" camp.
    Give Will some rep...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.