ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ah geee thanks.
    *I* was the one who finally brought him back out of the grey

*looks for general gratitude from all*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ah geee thanks.
    You're right about people jumping on others for stating the blleding obvious. It's like how if I said "Modern art is **** in comparison to traditional art...and modern artists have inferior skills"....in a PC world, I will be slaughtered for saying that...even though it's the bloody truth
    People spend too much time on trying to be PC. PC is bad in some places. Being PC means you can't criticise other people in the face. And I hate that. Modern art is great and why can't I say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    No. All the knives we had were too blunt to be any good. And my dad didn't have razers either. He used to use electrical shaver, which was no good.
    Sounds like a hardcore attempt then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    *I* was the one who finally brought him back out of the grey

*looks for general gratitude from all*

Hey, I was the one that put him to a grey state. Before me, he was red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Sounds like a hardcore attempt then :rolleyes:
    It was pretty bad... didn't end up in hospital and didn't attempt to jump off from my window (4th floor). Now I'm glad I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ahhh thanks guys!
    Am I allowed to say this without being perceved as being an "ass"? I'll say it anyway (Monster Inc, was it micky or solly?)

It's our pleasure.

Now "you still look like an ass to me"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ah geee thanks.
    You're right about people jumping on others for stating the blleding obvious. It's like how if I said "Modern art is **** in comparison to traditional art...and modern artists have inferior skills"....in a PC world, I will be slaughtered for saying that...even though it's the bloody truth
    you can't say they have inferior skills, they just haven't displayed them. maybe this could be because they don't want to, or because they're rebelling against traditional art trends or something

ReputationRep:
    Help Will to get his two gems back. Some retards on the forum have been neg repping him for state the blatently obvious fact that if you only have micky mouse subjects at A'Level, you won't get into Cambridge.

I'm starting a Help the Willa Compaign.
    Well, the image I got from most of his earlier posts was that people with so-called Mickey Mouse subjects didnt deserve to get into Cambridge, because he had worked harder than them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is obviously going to grate with people who worked hard to get into Cambridge!

And dont try to start up about Chemistry..... at this rate there'll be no subjects worth doing apart from Maths :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    you can't say they have inferior skills, they just haven't displayed them. maybe this could be because they don't want to, or because they're rebelling against traditional art trends or something
    Geniuses (or like-genius) do rebel. I was a reble once some years back. But I was good before I was a reble. If you want to be a genius and rebel against the traditional art trends then "show me the money". If you can't, you are not a true reble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadLy)
    Well, the image I got from most of his earlier posts was that people with so-called Mickey Mouse subjects didnt deserve to get into Cambridge, because he had worked harder than them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is obviously going to grate with people who worked hard to get into Cambridge!

And dont try to start up about Chemistry..... at this rate there'll be no subjects worth doing apart from Maths :eek:
    Not even maths... Maths is getting mick mousy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    please tell me you're being patronising!

And yes...I still believe that if someone does ONLY micky moust subjects at A level, I dont think they have worked hard enough to get in....however obviously they're subjects are most generally irrelevent in those cases (by my definition of micky mouse subject) and so they wont get in anyway. So I my claim of working harder is equvilient to reality as I percieve it. Hence everyone else should LEARN TO BLOODY READ!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Indeed this is possibly true, some of Picasso's early work rivals the skills of any renaissance painter but he went on to do lots of work that was the subject of derision by much of the art community at the time. I guess you get bored if you can paint as good as a camera takes photos, it takes something else to make things interesting.

Personally I view Emin's bed as more of a pretentious self-gratifying social commentary than strictly art. But then I don't like any of her work :rolleyes:.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)

And yes...I still believe that if someone does ONLY micky moust subjects at A level, I dont think they have worked hard enough to get in....however obviously they're subjects are most generally irrelevent in those cases (by my definition of micky mouse subject) and so they wont get in anyway. So I my claim of working harder is equvilient to reality as I percieve it. Hence everyone else should LEARN TO BLOODY READ!
    Remember the RTBQ, RTFQ and now, read this carefully Priya, cos this applies to you (Elle Driver, KB vol.2), RTFT.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to bed. Got about a dozen things to hand in tomorrow. Damn It!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Indeed this is possibly true, some of Picasso's early work rivals the skills of any renaissance painter but he went on to do lots of work that was the subject of derision by much of the art community at the time. I guess you get bored if you can paint as good as a camera takes photos, it takes something else to make things interesting.
    What about the four year old child whose works have been compared to Pollock? Can we judge a painting purely on aethetic merit, or is it not Art because the kid doesn't know what she's doing?

ReputationRep:
    Remember the RTBQ, RTFQ and now, read this carefully Priya, cos this applies to you (Elle Driver, KB vol.2), RTFT.

what??? i'm lost!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    what??? i'm lost!!!
    Something about "Read the ___ question/book/thread" :rolleyes:. Ignore him, he needs help.

The thread he refers to is the currently locked on in oxbridge, about mickey mouse subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)

Maybe you should learn to BLOODY SPELL :rolleyes: Tut tut, and they let people like this into Cambridge...what are things coming to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Maybe you should learn to BLOODY SPELL :rolleyes: Tut tut, and they let people like this into Cambridge...what are things coming to?
    :cool: well spotted.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.