Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to gardies for first time yesterday, was really quite yummy. Not home but hmph =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Helen..! If you are about later can I please ask you to tell me in as few words as possible answers to two questions?

Nice Helen!
    Yeah, I'll be online later (as stupid friends are all in the bar without me and I'm in the library). I can't guarantee that the answers will be correct though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    There are so many colleges that don't happen to be sitting on top of each other in the centre
    they are clearly inferior

seriously there is nothing like walking out of a lecture theatre and someone says oh where do you live and you just point at the building across the road and saying "there". its great. i have even come home in between consecutive lectures (ie one starts at 9 one starts at 10) and not been late. its fantastic. i used to live 15 miles from my school, so living close to everywhere is really novel.

ReputationRep:
    If we could get Sainsburys relocated to Lion Yard, it would be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    If we could get Sainsburys relocated to Lion Yard, it would be perfect.

it's still like 5 mins walk away. what more do you want

if it was *that* close just think of all the stupid crap you would buy on impulse walking past it. its clearly a benefit not having it RIGHT there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)

i found vegetarian fish fingers today. i was quite afraid.
    One wonders where they find the vegetarian fish to go in them

ReputationRep:
    When you've not eaten since lunchtime and are incredibly tired it's shocking what a small glass/cup of wine does to your levels of sleepyness, I'm actually stuggling to keep my eyes open! The original plan of just orange juice failed; no will power today! Still have a whole chapter to read before bed, glacials, interglacials and interstadials as written by your lecturer; it's crazy stuff!

ReputationRep:
    My super from the maths super was slow... well slower than me on calculations. She's meant to be a doctor ffs!! Even my A'level teacher could do better than that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollo Loco)
    One wonders where they find the vegetarian fish to go in them
    It's just fishfingers because they look like the conventional fishfingers. But obviously made out something that's irrelevant to fish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    My super from the maths super was slow... well slower than me on calculations. She's meant to be a doctor ffs!! Even my A'level teacher could do better than that!!
    mine said today: I'll give your essays a percentage mark out of a hundred"

ReputationRep:
    mine said today: I'll give your essays a percentage mark out of a hundred"
    I hope your super is not a prof. otherwise, that's definitely going onto profquotes.

ReputationRep:
    Stressed!!! I can't seem to work the UL electronic resources and journals, I could the other day and don't know what I'm doing differently!
    I can't find half the books I need and all this technical stuff isn't helping me feel any less stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Stressed!!! I can't seem to work the UL electronic resources and journals, I could the other day and don't know what I'm doing differently!
    I can't find half the books I need and all this technical stuff isn't helping me feel any less stupid.

Just go the lady at the desk on the first floor in the centre and she will help you out. she found all my journals for me! I really should book in for an induction.

Have you had any sups for 4a? I dont even know what's going on with that! I heard people already have essays for it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    Just go the lady at the desk on the first floor in the centre and she will help you out. she found all my journals for me! I really should book in for an induction.

Have you had any sups for 4a? I dont even know what's going on with that! I heard people already have essays for it :eek:
    No supervisions as yet (email from someone I don't know asking me when is best for me, seriously feel like saying not 'til Christmas!) do have an essay title...but there are no books!!! :mad: We have a very similar title for soc anth, and there are 11 of us (at least) that want the same books, SPS people also doing this essay!

It's the electronic journals I want, I don't mind huge printing bills at the moment I'm more concerned I'm wasting so much time trying to find them! I know they are there somehow but I can't seem to access them, whereas the other day I could do it fine!! :confused:

Are you planning to read the compulsory books for the seminar on Monday? I actually can't see how I'll have time to read any even if I didn't sleep until then!! I already feel like I need a week off to catch up on everything! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    No supervisions as yet (email from someone I don't know asking me when is best for me, seriously feel like saying not 'til Christmas!) do have an essay title...but there are no books!!! :mad: We have a very similar title for soc anth, and there are 11 of us (at least) that want the same books, SPS people also doing this essay!

It's the electronic journals I want, I don't mind huge printing bills at the moment I'm more concerned I'm wasting so much time trying to find them! I know they are there somehow but I can't seem to access them, whereas the other day I could do it fine!! :confused:

Are you planning to read the compulsory books for the seminar on Monday? I actually can't see how I'll have time to read any even if I didn't sleep until then!! I already feel like I need a week off to catch up on everything! :eek:

Seminar on Monday??? What?? How come I dont know anything abt all this stuff????? I am worried. I should find out and get the books and be anti social and read it on the coach on saturday!!!!!! Do you think I should buy wellington boots??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    Seminar on Monday??? What?? How come I dont know anything all this stuff????? I am worried. I should find out and get the books and be anti social and read it on the coach on saturday!!!!!! Do you think I should buy wellington boots??
    Heh, that's cheered me up, you don't seem the wellie type! I will be taking my wellies, trainers, waterproofs and walking boots, but not sure they're all that necessary!

The Canadian lecturer (said 'intriguing' lots) mentioned the seminar as the 25th and the 4A booklet/handout/lecture guide thing says we must read the books with a * and the others are optional for the first seminar!

Why is time going so fast! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    it's still like 5 mins walk away. what more do you want
    Some method of carrying multiple boxes of juice home without breaking my wrists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I hope your super is not a prof. otherwise, that's definitely going onto profquotes.
    She's not.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, that's cheered me up, you don't seem the wellie type! I will be taking my wellies, trainers, waterproofs and walking boots, but not sure they're all that necessary!

The Canadian lecturer (said 'intriguing' lots) mentioned the seminar as the 25th and the 4A booklet/handout/lecture guide thing says we must read the books with a * and the others are optional for the first seminar!

Why is time going so fast! :eek:

Yeah, I remember Dr Choudhury saying that...but I assumed my DoS would let me know about this stuff.

I havent had wellies for ages, but they're only 10 quid so i might just buy them and save my trainers! I got a Mickey Mouse rain mac that I got from disney world, do you think people would laugh if I wore it????

Time is going REALLY fast......next week will be the end of the first half of term!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just back in Girton

I am all that Crana and Blissy both have much larger and tidier rooms than I do..! :mad:

Damn Girton!

To pass comments on the fellow posters I met tonight...

Blissy - very nice and friendly (though don't say "blatently" to her - she might hit you!) and really cute.

Crana - less scary than last time I met her in Pembroke. Has developed a rather disturbing issue with onions

Camford - slightly more homosexual than last time I met him (though he is cute in a bra! )

EDIT: Troy - Rosie gave me your number so don't be amazed if I call sometime to drag you along to a college crawl or something!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.