The Student Room Group
blissy
Nope! Oh, I did "do" Joyce :wink: but that was this time last year!

I despise Joyce passionately!
Rosie... Do you think it would be easier for you to do Music or your Bio Natsci course? Just wondering...
Reply 9642
polthegael
Rosie... Do you think it would be easier for you to do Music or your Bio Natsci course? Just wondering...

my course. but that doesn't make it "easy" in a general sense compared to, say, medicine or vetinary medicine (as you were saying to thingybob earlier). at least, I don't think it does.

obviously people all have their own strengths, and mine is definitely not music. i imagine most musos aren't stronger in science than they are in music. but that doesn't mean you can say definitively "music is easier than natsci" or "natsci is easier than music".
crana9
my course. but that doesn't make it "easy" in a general sense compared to, say, medicine or vetinary medicine (as you were saying to thingybob earlier). at least, I don't think it does.

obviously people all have their own strengths, and mine is definitely not music. i imagine most musos aren't stronger in science than they are in music. but that doesn't mean you can say definitively "music is easier than natsci" or "natsci is easier than music".

There are people (Pollo Loco, a vet, is off to sing in Cantebury this weekend with the choir as he has a scholarship) who are good at both. I am not.
Reply 9644
polthegael
There are people (Pollo Loco, a vet, is off to sing in Cantebury this weekend with the choir as he has a scholarship) who are good at both. I am not.

oh ffs, of course there are, i said "most" not every single last person.

Neither am I. I'm not even very good at the one I'm doing.
crana9
oh ffs, of course there are, i said "most" not every single last person.

Neither am I. I'm not even very good at the one I'm doing.

You sound like a rather irate little Rosie tonight :frown:

I'm hooning off to write essays now anyway! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Night all! :smile:
Reply 9646
polthegael
You sound like a rather irate little Rosie tonight :frown:

I'm hooning off to write essays now anyway! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Night all! :smile:

i am a rather irate little rosie!
I just went on a mad long right wing rant and now I have no friends =P
polthegael
I don't quite understand but, unless you get a hard on over hardcore biochem and have a memory the size of a small country for all the anatomy crap they'll throw at you - I don't advise Cambridge medicine.

Maybe an easy (and more "fun") science at Cambridge like Ecology or Cytology, or go to do your medicine elsewhere!

Hmmm, had to grudgingly admit to the natscis recently that they had more work than the medics in the first year. Maybe it's just that I was a slacker, but I didn't find last year too bad (and came out with a 2i and passed all my 2nd MB, so I could have scraped it a lot worse). Yeah, the sheer volume of seemingly irrelevant detail is quite annoying, so I do sympathise if this isn't really what you want to do :frown:

Blissy - I'm reading Gone With the Wind again. Yay!
Reply 9649
fishpaste
I just went on a mad long right wing rant and now I have no friends =P

oh dear, right wing in Clare, that was a mistake :smile:

how right wing?

A.
Reply 9650
Willa
dont worry...it's still good here...especially when you are sitting in a lecture (not paying attention to the lecturer) and you think..."Hey..i'm at the best university this side of the atlantic....so many people so desperately wanna be where i am...and what am i doing with myself? Staring at my feet....ooo look: 5 pence"

They don't go fast enough in lectures. There's nothing in particular thats hard to understand in most of my lectures, it's the subsequent memorising that's the problem.

I spend most of my lectures analysing the people in the room and the remaining time listening for the annecdotes of the lecturer (the most interesting bit - they don't put them in the lecture notes!).

And what's with this moaning of everyone, fgs, it's not like it'd be any different at other unis. You'd still be sitting there not paying attention, getting annoyed at the alcoholism culture or cursing the amount of work. Any time I feel like that I just take a walk along the backs (and up the mound if I'm feeling really down) and remember why I like being here.

It could be worse, you could have told half the people at the college badminton club that you have a foot fetish. I don't. I never have. Why I had to mask one conversation with a complete lie which is more embarassing I have no idea. Dumbass.

A.
Getting drunk is fun!!!

I took a walk in Peterhouse today before attending the free concert in Fitzwilliam Museum. Peterhouse has a massive back yard with apple trees :eek: . I'm starting to envy anyone who's lucky enough to go to Peterhouse... :frown: .
Camford
Getting drunk is fun!!!

I took a walk in Peterhouse today before attending the free concert in Fitzwilliam Museum. Peterhouse has a massive back yard with apple trees :eek: . I'm starting to envy anyone who's lucky enough to go to Peterhouse... :frown: .

You really are gay man.. :eek:
Helenia
Hmmm, had to grudgingly admit to the natscis recently that they had more work than the medics in the first year. Maybe it's just that I was a slacker, but I didn't find last year too bad (and came out with a 2i and passed all my 2nd MB, so I could have scraped it a lot worse). Yeah, the sheer volume of seemingly irrelevant detail is quite annoying, so I do sympathise if this isn't really what you want to do

"I'm a medic, I am. That is a body, that is. I like medicine, I do." :tongue:
BazTheMoney

I thought you were an economist..?! :rolleyes:
polthegael
I thought you were an economist..?! :rolleyes:

The quotation marks indicate that it isn't supposed to be said by me. Just taking the piss out of Helen, again; don't worry.
BazTheMoney
The quotation marks indicate that it isn't supposed to be said by me. Just taking the piss out of Helen, again; don't worry.

Oh... All becomes clear..! :rolleyes:
Why is everyone horrid to Helen..? :confused:
BazTheMoney

Get back in your boat, little boy :tongue:

Have just been for my first outing in an VIII. Was ok, although the amount of traffic on the river meant that even if we were able to row decently, we wouldn't have got very far. I saw Willa out there as well, making about as much progress as we were. My legs hurt now :frown:

Now I have to go and make a poster (yes, point and laugh at the medics - but the Natscis are doing it too! :tongue:)

Pol - it's just his inferiority complex. Secretly he wishes he was as cool as the medics.
Reply 9659
Helenia
Get back in your boat, little boy :tongue:

Have just been for my first outing in an VIII. Was ok, although the amount of traffic on the river meant that even if we were able to row decently, we wouldn't have got very far. I saw Willa out there as well, making about as much progress as we were. My legs hurt now :frown:

Now I have to go and make a poster (yes, point and laugh at the medics - but the Natscis are doing it too! :tongue:)

Pol - it's just his inferiority complex. Secretly he wishes he was as cool as the medics.

yeah the traffic was bloody awful! we spent most our time correcting our line cos we couldnt get anywhere! But when we got going apparently we roxored all the other novice boats

oh and i got the fastest time on the 500m erg test for my 8! :biggrin: It wasnt the fastest of all the 3 boats (not fast enough by a long way)...but i thought it was a respectable 1:41.1s

Latest

Trending

Trending