Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You dudes all went boating..? :confused:

This whole Cambridge thing has gone to your heads...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    You dudes all went boating..? :confused:

This whole Cambridge thing has gone to your heads...
    i know....how do i correct this oh mighty irishman!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Have just been for my first outing in an VIII. Was ok, although the amount of traffic on the river meant that even if we were able to row decently, we wouldn't have got very far. I saw Willa out there as well, making about as much progress as we were. My legs hurt now
    did you pass a christ's VIII? we went out this afternoon too

ReputationRep:
    You really are gay man.. :eek:
    So what? I don't care whether I'm gay or not. I'm not happy.

And remember pol I speak Saladian not English.

ReputationRep:
    Pembroke ran out of spaces for regular dinner tonight. Very rare. But funny. Watching all those people came in late looking hard trying to find that last slice of available table space to put the tray on... Not funny at all actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Pembroke ran out of spaces for regular dinner tonight. Very rare. But funny. Watching all those people came in late looking hard trying to find that last slice of available table space to put the tray on... Not funny at all actually.
    You have such a small dining room... Come to Gorton and see what size your room SHOULD be..!

ReputationRep:
    You have such a small dining room... Come to Gorton and see what size your room SHOULD be..!
    You know on graduation day that you are told to walk from your college to Senator House right? So, do the Girtonians have to walk all the way from Girton down to Senator House?

ReputationRep:
    You know on graduation day that you are told to walk from your college to Senator House right? So, do the Girtonians have to walk all the way from Girton down to Senator House?
    It's not far...

ReputationRep:
    It's not far...
    Oh yes it is pol. By cambridge standard anything that's 200m away is miles out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i know....how do i correct this oh mighty irishman!?
    Try not boating it..? Just a thought :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes it is pol. By cambridge standard anything that's 200m away is miles out.
    By Irish standards (and even more so by Chinese standards, I would have assumed), it's not very far..

ReputationRep:
    Try not boating it..? Just a thought :rolleyes:
    but boating is soo fun!

ARGH NO...STOP ME NOW.....HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone look out for the Girtonians on Thursday... We are going to be visiting Cambridge town colleges to pass the time as some muppet got our Formal Hall cancelled..!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone look out for the Girtonians on Thursday... We are going to be visiting Cambridge town colleges to pass the time as some muppet got our Formal Hall cancelled..!
    you only got one formal a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    you only got one formal a week?
    We used to. Now we have none..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    oh dear, right wing in Clare, that was a mistake

how right wing?

A.
    Indeed it was! But oh well. Um I was probably a facist by clare standards, but generally I just called Michael Moore an idiot alot, insulted france and said we need to hold freedom sacred, just like the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Indeed it was! But oh well. Um I was probably a facist by clare standards, but generally I just called Michael Moore an idiot alot, insulted france and said we need to hold freedom sacred, just like the US.
    The last comment would get you labelled a prick in any college. Do you believe that crap?

If you do I query how you got into Cambridge as you can't be too bright.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The last comment would get you labelled a prick in any college. Do you believe that crap?

If you do I query how you got into Cambridge as you can't be too bright.. :rolleyes:
    Probably not Johns? Do I believe it, yes. But Pol what the ****. Grow up. Demonise anybody who wants to propose ideas which aren't consistent with the sheepish majority why don't you? I would never be nasty to somebody because they didn't hold the same views as me. I've not proposed we should all murder small kittens for fun so I expected some respect as a fellow human being and for intelligent people like you to see past minor politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    That isn't even particularly right-wing. Michael Moore is the leftist equivalent of Ann Coulter, calling him an idiot is probably fair enough, even if you agree with his politics. Of course, holding freedom as sacred "just like the US" would probably be a step down for us...

ReputationRep:
    ooo just noticed you put my "thought of the week" in as your signature...i'm touched!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.