Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    at least your subject is small enough that you work together...i feel all lonely cos i dont really have an easy set of people to work with.
    I don't work with the other medics. Apart from revision, we all do our own thing when it comes to essays etc. I'm racing two NatScis at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    so what's everyone up to tonight?
    Well I've just been playing badminton, need to make myself some tea and have a shower now the water is fixed in my building. Then I guess I ought to do some supervision work, but my find myself in Old court later doing something implausible like playing UT or watching Smallville

Then again, I might just do work.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    or rather take me down to the stinking city, where the grass is full of needles and the girls have kiddies...
    Still more fun than here my friend...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)

Alaric.
    Good boy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Still more fun than here my friend...
    She's back in college in about another 1 and a bit hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Well I've just been playing badminton, need to make myself some tea and have a shower now the water is fixed in my building. Then I guess I ought to do some supervision work, but my find myself in Old court later doing something implausible like playing UT or watching Smallville

Alaric.
    There's a UCS meeting, so you can't go to the bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    There's a UCS meeting, so you can't go to the bar
    I know

...but I didn't say anthing about the bar, it's likely to be closed by the time I decide to do anything anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    ftp?? I don't have a computer in my room. How the hell on earth do I know what to do?
    Where is your comp for getting on here then then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't work with the other medics. Apart from revision, we all do our own thing when it comes to essays etc. I'm racing two NatScis at the moment
    :eek: An essay race?? Might be an idea, as work seem to expand to fit time (and a bit more)....

We also have neuro essays....am avoiding library for fear of being seen to be doing less work than other meds.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    im back... was weird going through mh town on the bus and not getting off..

have got a crappy heada che (no doubt from sleeping in weird positions on buses) but an essay to write as soon as i finish dinner.. bah

ReputationRep:
    im back... was weird going through mh town on the bus and not getting off..

have got a crappy heada che (no doubt from sleeping in weird positions on buses) but an essay to write as soon as i finish dinner.. bah
    ooo look out, mumps has broken out in cambridge already...so be careful you dont get too ill. We've had a case in our college today, so we've all been told "If you start feeling ill...go away and dont come back for a week"...literally. We have to go home if we have mumps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ooo look out, mumps has broken out in cambridge already...so be careful you dont get too ill. We've had a case in our college today, so we've all been told "If you start feeling ill...go away and dont come back for a week"...literally. We have to go home if we have mumps
    ive had mmr..

actually they had a big outbreak of epidemic proportions in the town me & visesh come from this year. but I didn't catch it (I think if youve had mmr it is really quite a feat to catch mumps)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadLy)
    :eek: An essay race?? Might be an idea, as work seem to expand to fit time (and a bit more)....

We also have neuro essays....am avoiding library for fear of being seen to be doing less work than other meds.... :rolleyes:
    I KNOW I'm doing less work than the other medics (though I think some of them have found other methods of entertainment :eek: ) but I'm trying. My brain just hurts now. I hate neuro. I haven't won the race yet, but then neither has anyone else

ReputationRep:
    I KNOW I'm doing less work than the other medics (though I think some of them have found other methods of entertainment :eek: ) but I'm trying. My brain just hurts now. I hate neuro. I haven't won the race yet, but then neither has anyone else
    the irony of stressing your brain out to think about brains! My essay has yet to take form, I think it's hiding in a corner waiting to spring out onto the page......I just hope it's sooner rather than later!!

Just say to yourself its quality over quantity and that you're using your time more effectively - the brain gets full after a while and the extra work done is wasted. Tis A flawless argument, for now!

Entertainment?? that's linked to work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadLy)
    Entertainment?? that's linked to work?
    Well, it's anatomy revision, of a sort...

My essay is nearly done, I think, though most of it is a blatant plagiarism of Carpenter's book and the lecture notes. Oh well, I bet my supervisor doesn't notice anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhh!!!
    Four essays, all for before Monday! :eek:
    It's not actually possible!

ReputationRep:
    i have 2 and maths questions for tomorrow, and one for thursday..plus we're damn scientists and spend our entire lives in lectures and labs

ReputationRep:
    i have 2 and maths questions for tomorrow, and one for thursday..plus we're damn scientists and spend our entire lives in lectures and labs
    I think the worst part is I think as some kind of joke all our lectures and supervisions are back to front, ie. having supervisions now on subjects we won't get lectures on until much later in the year! So it's not like we can even write crappy essays based on lectures and minimal reading, we have to read so many books before we even really understand what's expected of us!

EDIT: By the way, my foot is no longer swollen, it's a little bruised still and a bit painful but is much better, thanks for your concern!

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my CDB essay! Finished finished finished - woo!

Right, neuro...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Where is your comp for getting on here then then? :confused:
    Comp room

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.