The Student Room Group
crana9
i have 2 and maths questions for tomorrow, and one for thursday..plus we're damn scientists and spend our entire lives in lectures and labs

I sat down at seven to write that BoC essay. I thought, 5 hours 'til bedtime. Plenty of time. I thought, I'll just check my email. Plenty of time. I thought, I'll just look at the CompSci questions. 3.5 hours. Plenty of time. I thought, lets have a shower. Plenty of... ELEVEN PM??
Reply 9741
Wow, I've managed to do no work at all either.

I have watched 'supersize me' though, was rather disturbing and somewhat entertaining.

Alaric.
Just solved a nasty anagram function in ML. Too messy too much code. Not elegant enough. Wombat, Jin's solution consists of no more than 10 lines of codes. Mine consist of 30 to 40 lines of code involves 4 other functions.
hi im new to this place. well not new really,ive just been reading threads and not bothering to contribute (i think the term is lurking but that makes me sound so sinister) :tongue:

there hasnt been a proper reply to this topic of this thread for a while so heres mine:

college: emmanuel
subj: law

wat were the other questions again?
kidney thief
hi im new to this place. well not new really,ive just been reading threads and not bothering to contribute (i think the term is lurking but that makes me sound so sinister) :tongue:

there hasnt been a proper reply to this topic of this thread for a while so heres mine:

college: emmanuel
subj: law

wat were the other questions again?

What questions? :confused:
Reply 9745
thanks to korfball i have the BIGGEST blister on my big toe...it covers practically all of it...it's disgusting...i wanna just pull it off now!

but we won...and i scored...yay!
Camford
Just solved a nasty anagram function in ML. Too messy too much code. Not elegant enough. Wombat, Jin's solution consists of no more than 10 lines of codes. Mine consist of 30 to 40 lines of code involves 4 other functions.

Mine is 6 in two functions, but it doesn't work. Does she want these by email again? We've only had them for 48 hours.
crap, posted in wrong place, ignore that last post lol
Reply 9748
Willa
thanks to korfball i have the BIGGEST blister on my big toe...it covers practically all of it...it's disgusting...i wanna just pull it off now!

but we won...and i scored...yay!

is it actually a blister with puss and stuff or just skin? I had a big bubble all under my big toe a couple of days ago. Frankly I've learnt now that if there's a cavity under your skin you rip the skin off now. I was expecting to find raw flesh and puss and stuff, but all I found was more skin. Very cool redundant skin, I feel like a snake :smile:.

/me apologises for the excessively random post - I'm avoiding work!

Alaric.
Ripped-off toe skin is chewy
Hey guys and gals. How's things in lovely Cambridge and else where. I'm feeling a little removed at Girton this evening.
Reply 9751
Pollo Loco
Hey guys and gals. How's things in lovely Cambridge and else where. I'm feeling a little removed at Girton this evening.

It isn't raining here.
Alaric
It isn't raining here.

*Narrows eyes*. Is that a Girton joke?? :mad:
Reply 9753
Pollo Loco
*Narrows eyes*. Is that a Girton joke?? :mad:

no, why does it always rain there or something? I've never been that far out you see.

That was a (pityfully bad) girton joke :tongue:

Sorry.
Alaric
no, why does it always rain there or something? I've never been that far out you see.

That was a (pityfully bad) girton joke :tongue:

Sorry.

You're forgiven. It wasn't as bad as the jokes Dr Nick Gay keeps coming up with in Biochem lectures.
Immortal Wombat
Mine is 6 in two functions, but it doesn't work. Does she want these by email again? We've only had them for 48 hours.

Yep! :frown:
Immortal Wombat
Ripped-off toe skin is chewy

I had a friend who liked to play with ripped off skins of any sort... :eek:
Pollo Loco
You're forgiven. It wasn't as bad as the jokes Dr Nick Gay keeps coming up with in Biochem lectures.

Oh God, he's not still doing that, is he? I nearly shot myself during his lectures last year. You should try playing Nobel prize bingo instead. Lucky lucky you - you get him later on in the year as well as this series! And he demonstrated for one of our MIMS practicals, and spent the whole time sucking up to the Christ's boys (he's a fellow there) and ignoring the rest of us :mad: Raaaa.

I won the essay race! Go me!
Helenia
I won the essay race! Go me!

How does the essay race work? I think I'll be asked to do a finite state machine on that.
Camford
How does the essay race work? I think I'll be asked to do a finite state machine on that.

Well, it's not a very fair race. It goes something like this:

3 people sit on a landing. They moan about how they have to write their essays.

Person A makes some tea. Everyone drinks tea. They moan about how they have to write their essays.

Person B checks e-mails. Everyone piles into person B's room to check e-mails. They moan about how they have to write their essays.

They all sit on a landing again. They moan about how they have to write their essays.

Person D comes out and says they've been working for the last 2 hours. The other three all feel guilty.

Some bright spark suggests a race to see who can finish their essays first so we can all go to the bar. 3 people disappear into rooms and write essays in an attempt to "win" though it's somewhat dubious as all our essays are different and therefore requiring different amounts of work. Person A and Person B taunt each other by means of MSN names as to how much they're doing.

Person A (Helenia) gets bored with writing scientific stuff, so waffles for ~3 paragraphs on slightly handwavy concepts. Bungs together a conclusion and saves essay. Helenia wins. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Person A goes downstairs to mock losers, only to find person B sitting on stairs eating cake with 5 other people.

Latest

Trending

Trending