Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    i didn't! said guy is straight!
    What a wonderful thought :rolleyes: .

There is a rather large group of Japanese people wondering around in Pembroke recently. No idea what's going on. No notice no nothing. I feel like telling them to get out of my college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    What a wonderful thought :rolleyes: .

There is a rather large group of Japanese people wondering around in Pembroke recently. No idea what's going on. No notice no nothing. I feel like telling them to get out of my college.
    next time they walk past your staircase, run out with an imitation shotgun, in just your underwear and a tshirt/vest....and shout "GEAT ORF MY LAAAND...YA VERMIN!"...then there will be no more silly tourists!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yes.....Orange is a phone network set up with it's sole purpose to serve emma students
    hehehehehehe gave me a good laugh that did I pictured an orange lady too as in an orange coloured lady.

Reminds me - when these girls pretended to be seaweed at this fancy dress party they painted themselves dark green from head to toe - was soooo scary especially when you see them in the dark!!!!!!!!!

hehe Willa what did you do to use up all your credit? hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    the *****y lady who tells you how much money you have left on your account when you dial 453 from an orange phone
    this is SO true. but it's nowhere near as insulting as when you try and topup using a credit/debit card, then it asks you to confirm the last four digits of the CC number, and you do it wrong

"I'm sorry. That isn't the correct number " It sounds exactly like she's a gameshow host and she's commiserating you on your losing. It gets worse the more times you **** it up, "I'm sorry. That still isn't the correct number. Now, try again, just give me the LAST FOUR DIGITS"

ReputationRep:
    hehehehehehehehehe

Why don't you guys all go on "pay as you go"? Then you don't have to check your credit and stuff and end up not knowing how much you've spent and come up with a massive bill at the end :eek: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    why does it seem that the way the orange 453 lady says "Your remaining balance is 0 pence" always seem in such a mocking tone!
    I rang it and it said "I'm sorry this number is permenantly barred"... now I'm on a contract but I wanted a non-sensical message, or at least a helpful one.

A.

ReputationRep:
    Bugger meeeeeeeeee there's a random invented lie about me pulling last night in clareifornication today
    Awwww, damn, I was just going to ask if that was you! Poor fishpaste My skirt seems to have recovered from having a drink poured all over it though. And can I just say, even if you had, that wouldn't have been the most scandalous event of the night - that was happening down our end of the room :eek: :mad:

Ooooh, I'm all excited about the bop tonight! Thinking I'll be getting very very wasted. Don't care, I don't have to get up in the morning. Though rowing in the afternoon could be fun. I wasn't feeling too bad this morning, but then my hangover arrived at lunchtime but pumping guinea pig hearts full of drugs this afternoon soon took my mind off it. Will make sure all precautionary measures are in place before going out tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I want to joing the Chess club.. . Does anyone know if there's a Chinese Chess Club around?
    Their website seems to be out of date, but there definitely is one, and there's an email address there as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    hehehehehehehehehe

Why don't you guys all go on "pay as you go"? Then you don't have to check your credit and stuff and end up not knowing how much you've spent and come up with a massive bill at the end :eek: lol
    Er...........you only have to check your credit on a pay as you go phone :rolleyes:

I'm so pissed off. I had a clear plastic wallety thing in the babbage this morning with a cheque, this card needed to claim a parcel from the post office, and similarly important things in it. and i have lost it and i went back to look but since id been in bloody labs ALL DAY , naively thinking I had dropped my folder off at home by accident after my lecture, by the time i went back it was all locked.

so now i have lost my cheque, and i cant get my aprcel, and i have a rather useless £1, £20p and 7p stamp I had just been to buy sepcially to put on my card :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm looking for things to do this Sunday when my mum comes to visit! All ideas welcome, the ones that make me look like I'm coping brilliantly are extra specially important!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Right, I'm looking for things to do this Sunday when my mum comes to visit! All ideas welcome, the one's that make me look like I'm coping brilliantly are extra specially important!
    hehe yeah my parents are coming this sunday as well. The obvious one is to take them for a meal....but then again you might want to be more cunning. For example...arrange for a friend to be conveniently positioned so that you bump into him/her on the way to the restaurant, then declare quite loudly "Oh hi, can't stop, but can you do me a favour and tell hawking that after considering what he said he's most definitely mistaken when it comes to closed time loops appearing within the outer event horizons".....or something to that effect...just pick anybody famous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Awwww, damn, I was just going to ask if that was you! Poor fishpaste My skirt seems to have recovered from having a drink poured all over it though. And can I just say, even if you had, that wouldn't have been the most scandalous event of the night - that was happening down our end of the room :eek: :mad:

Ooooh, I'm all excited about the bop tonight! Thinking I'll be getting very very wasted. Don't care, I don't have to get up in the morning. Though rowing in the afternoon could be fun. I wasn't feeling too bad this morning, but then my hangover arrived at lunchtime but pumping guinea pig hearts full of drugs this afternoon soon took my mind off it. Will make sure all precautionary measures are in place before going out tonight...
    what time you rowing tomorrow? I'm out from about 3:30 onwards!

ReputationRep:
    i feel like the only person whos parents havent come to ssee them / arent planning to.

i did see my "surrogate mum" last week tho

anyway,. i *am* coping pretty damn well. i dony need t show them anything particular!

i bet one thing that would really imrpess them is if you whipped up a fantastic meal in your gyp room

or take them / her to formal..

I think, but am not sure (ask shuai) Queens (?) does a free classical music concert on sundays? or if they are even vaguely religios (or even if they arent) they might enjoy going to the college chapel on sunday to hear the choir etc

(having said this, my parents would absolutely baulk at any of these ideas..)

if they are coming by car get them to take you to a non-sainsburys-supermarket and stock up ..

ReputationRep:

i saw you AGAIN today helen. im starting to feel like a stalker. maybe i would make a good spy, i always see other people but they never seem to see me

oh and shuai.. i am pretty sure i saw you know who today..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    7am, damn it! :mad:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    im just catching up with my local paper , i think im cracking up, i started crying at one story about thos baby girl with leukemia..

anyway..

just thought this was great:

"Dad Wayne Choudhury says he felt like retching when a wriggling caterpillar fell from his Big Mac.

He said: "People joke with me that the caterpillar would have been a good source of vitamins, but I don't think it's funny. It sickened me."

McDonald's have promised to investigate and have already given him a refund, but Mr Choudhury has now reported the incident to environmental health officers."

A refund! well! that makes it all okay then that they gave him back the £2 or whatever the burger cost, taht they have caterpillars in their food...

in other news the shopping centre near me has partly burnt down, and a man tried to attack a woman in the middle of the day in a park i walk throuh (or did, befire i came here) on my own all the time... she started screaming and some dude rescued her though

and this guy got singled out for a bravery award because ages ago he talked to some dude in a park who had poured white spitirts all over himself and tried to get him not to kill himself. Did he call anyone to help? nope. and the guy still killed himself that day. what a sensible thing to do :rolleyes: incidentally that was in the arbo visesh.

ReputationRep:

oh **** I totally forgot about spilling that drink on you. so has rich. (forgot abhout me spilling his drink on you). I'm so sorry =/ If I wasn't so off my face I would have made consierable more effort to help. sorrrry <=|

What was so scandalous in your end of the room? =o

See you at bop tonight. I'm wearing an absolutely delightful skirt if I can get it on. I've just left my parents in town (they're visiting for the weekend) telling them I have to goto a supervision. Little do they know I'm off to get wasted and put on girl's clothes! *sigh* I'm a terrible son!

It's so nice to see them though. I miss them <=) My mum burst into tears every 2 mins saying things like "I can't believe you're here. I'm so proud of you!" Awfully emotive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    2:30/2:45, can't remember. Might see you out there. We've got a novice cox tomorrow, so things could be interesting :eek:

Rosie, I was looking for you, but either I completely missed you or I've forgotten what you look like, which I don't think I have!

oh **** I totally forgot about spilling that drink on you. so has rich. (forgot abhout me spilling his drink on you). I'm so sorry =/ If I wasn't so off my face I would have made consierable more effort to help. sorrrry <=|

What was so scandalous in your end of the room? =o
    Don't worry about it, I didn't really mind. You can always buy me one tonight though (note to anyone who may ever come near me - I am a total scav when it comes to free drinks ) I'm worried about my costume. As for the scandal - it was in Clareifornication, though I didn't think it should be, so you did see it. Work it out...

My parents might be coming for a bit on Sunday, will be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    i feel like the only person whos parents havent come to ssee them / arent planning to.
    /me doesn't often see parental figures during term

You're not the only one!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.