The Student Room Group
I just spent the entire afternoon trying to sleep. In the end, I managed about 2 hours. Maths work in for the super on Wednesday tomorrow. Looks like a half-nighter to me tonight.
Reply 10121
oi quit whining...i do rowing AND korfball...and korfball is AT LEAST as exhausting as basketball (any of the basketballers who play for us will tell you that...they get well exhausted). And I've got my toes strapped up with tape cos of the blisters which formed and the skin which then fell off (well i picked it off)
Reply 10122
Camford
I just spent the entire afternoon trying to sleep. In the end, I managed about 2 hours. Maths work in for the super on Wednesday tomorrow. Looks like a half-nighter to me tonight.

tell me about it....i'm really busy tomorrow and monday, and that means i have to have pretty much all the physics and maths done tonight...and i've barely started either!
Helenia
Yeah, saw Willa out in his Emma boat. My outing today was actually really good - we got to row as a full 8 and we were moving quite nicely at some points. I wasn't distracted :tongue:, though an interesting moment with a Queens' boat earlier did that to me :redface:

I can't believe Willa has the time to do rowing instead of turning up for a 12 o'clock saturday morning lecture.
Camford
I can't believe Willa has the time to do rowing instead of turning up for a 12 o'clock saturday morning lecture.

Well, his outing didn't start till at least 3:30ish, so he could have been at his lecture, or at least, rowing wasn't the reason that he wasn't there.

Willa - boatie formal swap!
Reply 10125
Camford

oi...dont you ever look..I WAS THERE!

i only miss 9am lectures.....you should know that by now!
Reply 10126
Helenia

Willa - boatie formal swap!

ooo a most inviting invitation....if you're up for it!
Willa
tell me about it....i'm really busy tomorrow and monday, and that means i have to have pretty much all the physics and maths done tonight...and i've barely started either!

Neither have I... I'll do the physics tomorrow, but maths has to be done tonight. Which... having looked through the example sheets, not that many can be done. There's a pretty good chance that my supervisor is going to get medi... I must resist the tempation of saying such words.

My foot is not actually that painful. But I just don't feel comfortable walking on them at the moment. Anyway, good luck with your blisters. You should never strip the skins off unless you have to. Get a needle, puncture the blister, leak the fluid and leave it like that. It's still going to be painful, but not as painful as without the skin.

There's isn't a college Korfball team in Pembroke. So... I don't think I'll ever experience the excitement of kball. I'm sticking to my blurry world of basketball. (Try to imagine someone who has -6 -6 glasses playing the game without wearing it.)
Reply 10128
there isnt a korfball team for any college...i play for the university
Willa
oi...dont you ever look..I WAS THERE!

i only miss 9am lectures.....you should know that by now!

I look around when I get there, just before Paulson starts talking. And I never see you.... maybe I saw you sitting behind Wombat again today... but I can't remember. Having inefficiently extracted only 2 hours of sleep out of a 5-hour afternoon, my brain isn't functioning like it normal does at 8Hz (slightly better than the hamster powered computer proposed by Paulson).
Willa
there isnt a korfball team for any college...i play for the university

I thought it's quite popular in emma. :eek:
Reply 10131
although i turn up to every compsci lecture....i never turn up on time....turn around about 5 mins after he's started talking, and i'll be walking in!
Reply 10132
Camford
I thought it's quite popular in emma. :eek:

i'm the only emma korfballer

it's quite cool though...all the korfball team thought I was a graduate or something because I was put on the first team straight away...so they thought I was coming back after a year working on some huge science project somewhere. So for the past 2 weeks i've had unconditional respect...but now I'm the team baby!
Willa
although i turn up to every compsci lecture....i never turn up on time....turn around about 5 mins after he's started talking, and i'll be walking in!

well... in that case, you are most likely to miss the most interesting part of the lecture...
Willa
i'm the only emma korfballer

it's quite cool though...all the korfball team thought I was a graduate or something because I was put on the first team straight away...so they thought I was coming back after a year working on some huge science project somewhere. So for the past 2 weeks i've had unconditional respect...but now I'm the team baby!

They should look at you and go "WoW". :biggrin:

University 1st team... Do you get a blue for that or something? I don't think I'll ever get the chance to play for the uni basketball team though, all the other people are just too good. There's a guy from Peterhouse who can score from anywhere inside the 3-point line (inclusive). 99% success rate.
Reply 10135
i didnt miss his "when your mother tells you to clear the dishes and there are no dishes, it's no good if you crashed or something"
Reply 10136
Camford
They should look at you and go "WoW". :biggrin:

University 1st team... Do you get a blue for that or something? I don't think I'll ever get the chance to play for the uni basketball team though, all the other people are just too good. There's a guy from Peterhouse who can score from anywhere inside the 3-point line (inclusive).

yes i'm on course for a half-blue....which i never thought i would get ever!
Willa
ooo a most inviting invitation....if you're up for it!

I think it would be a good idea (and I really want to go to Emma formal!). Not sure how you go about these things though; will ask the captain and keep you posted :biggrin:
Willa
i didnt miss his "when your mother tells you to clear the dishes and there are no dishes, it's no good if you crashed or something"

That's half way through the lecture. But it's a good quote. But I like the "Dual Hamster powered computer" better though.
Willa
yes i'm on course for a half-blue....which i never thought i would get ever!

In that case, I should definitely polish up my Chinese Chess skills in the hope of making a half-blue. Like that's ever going to happen.

Latest

Trending

Trending