Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    Not in a million years!
    Fair enough....i can't force you if you don't want to.....but now you have to live with the guilt of not posting your pic!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    On the topic of bringing a bike..i don't think i will...i'll just walk everywhere. It's not that big....i walked from the station through past the town centre going towards the other side of the town on the day of my interview....took about 25mins?
    what about when you're in a rush cos you got pissed the night before and you have to be at a 9am lecture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    what about when you're in a rush cos you got pissed the night before and you have to be at a 9am lecture?
    Lol..good point....but i'm never late...i'm one of those people who cannot stand to be late..in fact i'm always early! The one time i was late...it was because of floods and fallen trees and stuff...i got into school at 10:30.....that was in yr 9

G

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough....i can't force you if you don't want to.....but now you have to live with the guilt of not posting your pic!
    *Checks*. Hmmm, still not feeling the guilt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    *Checks*. Hmmm, still not feeling the guilt!
    Lol....it'll happen....just you wait!!!

You get my PM?

G

ReputationRep:
    Lol..good point....but i'm never late...i'm one of those people who cannot stand to be late..in fact i'm always early! The one time i was late...it was because of floods and fallen trees and stuff...i got into school at 10:30.....that was in yr 9

G

I am late for everything except dinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    I am late for everything except dinner.
    Lol..if i was late for everything but one thing...that one thing would be dinner!

G

ReputationRep:
    On the topic of bringing a bike..i don't think i will...i'll just walk everywhere. It's not that big....i walked from the station through past the town centre going towards the other side of the town on the day of my interview....took about 25mins?

G
    caius lawyers do not need a bike in the first year. harvey court is about 5 mins or less from law faculty. (unless you're unlucky enough to get rose crescent or green street, in which case, sain's is just outside your door, but your faculty is across town... :rolleyes: )

but your comment about a 25 min walk... it might be okay to do it once or twice, but consider a 25 min walk daily... in both directions. it rapidly gets less pleasant, trust me. and the girtonians have a 15 min cycle, which is something like a 45 min walk.

it's okay to be 5 mins late for lectures, they start 5 past the hour anyway. some boaties come in 30 mins late for a hour long lecture... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    but your comment about a 25 min walk... it might be okay to do it once or twice, but consider a 25 min walk daily... in both directions. it rapidly gets less pleasant, trust me. and the girtonians have a 15 min cycle, which is something like a 45 min walk.
    25 min walk? twice a day? Never bothered me.

ReputationRep:
    But you are SuperShiny - Superhero in Pink!
    Plus you do too much jogging and are actually fit

im not planning on taking a bike. I don't have one, for a start (mine got pinched) so I'm not giong to get a new one before I know if ill need it or not.

if I get my grades I'm going to pembroke, which is really near all my buildings, & probably easier to walk to them than get out cycle, cycle for about 2 minutes, find somewhere to put cycle, worry about it being stolen, etc.

so I'm not taking a bike with me, but if after a few weeks i think "dang, I could really use a bike" i will ring home and tell dad to look in the ad mag for me

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I thought i would take my bike, just because bike+basket is easier to take shopping home from ASDA the other side of town...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    Hmm...I thought i would take my bike, just because bike+basket is easier to take shopping home from ASDA the other side of town...

Cars, taxis and buses are better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Cars, taxis and buses are better!
    um hello? student loan?! I have 60 quid a week to live on and im not wasting it on taxis. Wasting it in the bar is another matter however... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think the university card gets you free rides on some of the bus services around the town. Buses do evil things to your health though...after three months of using buses around Bristol, I could barely run up the hill to my house without gasping for breath. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    I think the university card gets you free rides on some of the bus services around the town. Buses do evil things to your health though...after three months of using buses around Bristol, I could barely run up the hill to my house without gasping for breath. :rolleyes:

woo!! free!! now thats a word i like (im not actually that cheap, honest )

ReputationRep:
    (im not actually that cheap, honest )
    Really? How much can we buy you for?

Looked it up, it's free.

The Bus Station is in Drummer Street.

There is a free City Centre Shuttle bus service which operates every 15 minutes from 9am till 5pm (buses marked: City Centre Shuttle). Route: Emmanuel St, Fair St (Grafton Centre), Newmarket Rd, Jesus Lane, Bridge St, St Johns St, King's Parade, Silver St, Pembroke St, Downing St, St Andrews St

Details of a new bus service (Citi 8) linking the University sites on the west of Cambridge to the city centre and Addenbrooke's can be found at http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/e...avel/bus.shtml. The service is free to University card holders

Information about 2 new night-time buses can be found at http://www.cambuc.org.uk/news /nightbus.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Really? How much can we buy you for?
    oh hush
    ...and you couldnt afford me anyway

ReputationRep:
    oh hush

Maybe if we all chipped in...?

ReputationRep:
    oh hush
    Name a price.

Reminds me of one of my favourite Futurama moments:

Zoidberg: "I'd pay anything to end my miserable loneliness. If only I weren't so desperately poor..."
    Bender: "Wait. You mean people would pay good money for romance? Hmm. I think I have a scheme so deviously clever that I..."
    [CUT TO]
    Judge: *bangs hammer* "Five hundred dollars and time served!"
    Bender: "Stupid anti-pimping laws."

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.