Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I'm Dominic. I'm a medic at Corpus, and I've just been introduced to this site by Visesh (see above) who's an old friend of mine.

So now you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happycamper)
    By the way, I'm Dominic. I'm a medic at Corpus, and I've just been introduced to this site by Visesh (see above) who's an old friend of mine.

So now you know!
    Hello there Dom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happycamper)

So now you know!
    Corpus... That's just next door to Pembroke. You are welcome to come up for a drink from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    What does [GC: 23% (477/2048 Kbytes) used] mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    What does [GC: 23% (477/2048 Kbytes) used] mean?
    At a guess does GC mean garbage collection in this context?

ReputationRep:
    Ah. Could be. It seems to have gone now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    thought i should try and keep things alive.....so how are we this fine weekend? anyone up to anything interesting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    thought i should try and keep things alive.....so how are we this fine weekend? anyone up to anything interesting?
    I'm playing two badminton matches and then possibly heading to the cellars for the DJing contest

On Sunday I shall be working until the evening

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    anyone else go to the fireworks....they were cool...but could have been a little longer!
    Yeah, I was there. I'm so crap when it comes to fireworks though - I have to stand there with my fingers in my ears because they're still too loud for me. We stuck around for a bit for the funfair, but the crowds were too big, so we managed one ride, and got some toffee apples and then retired elsewhere for mulled wine and mince pies.

Warning: I'm in an "I hate men" mood today, nobody piss me off... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Warning: I'm in an "I hate men" mood today, nobody piss me off... :mad:
    Oh dear oh dear. I saw you made Clareifornication this week... with Ian (again).

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    i bunked my first computing lecture today! and all to do rowing.....this is just not very good....i'm getting obsessed, i'm out again tomorrow afternoon, and again monday morning......what is the matter with me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i bunked my first computing lecture today! and all to do rowing.....this is just not very good....i'm getting obsessed, i'm out again tomorrow afternoon, and again monday morning......what is the matter with me!
    boatie.

ReputationRep:
    no...dont say it....if you dont say it, then i might not have to face the truth! ARGH NO....no i'm never gonna where lycra...never! If i do...then you can call me a boatie...but no...not until then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Oh dear oh dear. I saw you made Clareifornication this week... with Ian (again).

Alaric.
    Well, yes, I was expecting that. I don't particularly wish to discuss my entire private life with the whole of the internet though. Suffice to say I'm pissed off.

Argh! Have spent all afternoon rowing, and am first aiding at 5:30, so have about an hour to get to the library and do some reading/notes for two essays which are in on Monday. I'm so screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i see you've caught the bug in a big way.

saw helenia standing around on the bank today with a whole bunch of what i assume to be clare novice ladies - all looking rather lost and miserable in the drizzle...

ReputationRep:
    we were doing a fun exercise: fall off your seat rowing....you had to push down on the footboard hard enough to make yourself stand up and see how long you could stay like that through the stroke.
    ....and i owned the sliders with ergs.....well at least i think i did...i was the only one which didnt get any comments from the coach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    i see you've caught the bug in a big way.

saw helenia standing around on the bank today with a whole bunch of what i assume to be clare novice ladies - all looking rather lost and miserable in the drizzle...
    Oooh, I didn't see you. Which boat are you coxing/coaching? Our cox today is absolutely completely insane, it's quite scary at times, but hilarious at others. Am really tired now though, we went up as far as Baitsbite lock and back, which is more than we've ever done. Death beckons...

Will - I've e-mailed the novice ladies about formal, asking them to tell me if they're interested, and what days they'd prefer. Does Emma have formal every day, or is it limited?

ReputationRep:
    we dont have formals on wednesdays....i think that's the only day though....all other days are good as far as i'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Oooh, I didn't see you. Which boat are you coxing/coaching? Our cox today is absolutely completely insane, it's quite scary at times, but hilarious at others. Am really tired now though, we went up as far as Baitsbite lock and back, which is more than we've ever done. Death beckons...

Will - I've e-mailed the novice ladies about formal, asking them to tell me if they're interested, and what days they'd prefer. Does Emma have formal every day, or is it limited?
    was in the caius senior crew (2nd men) that went past your boathouse today. i can occasionally be seen coxing some novice crews too, though those have yet to be fixed yet, so it's all based on a squad system now for them. apparently i've got a reputation for being slightly... ahem... adventurous as a cox.

i see you have finally been to the lock and back... ahh... but that was only one full shuffle. wait till you do a shuffle-and-a-half or a double shuffle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    Today I was down in Putney for the Fours' Head, tomorrow I have an essay to do.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.