Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    And you'd get some funny looks if you signed in that you were spending the night with a few ducks. Very funny looks :eek:
    this is emma we're talking abouyt, i dont think you would.

Is pembroke the only college where "to be deaned" means to get told off in formal rather than a huge *******ing for miscellaneous misdeamours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by figgetyfig)
    I find Catz bar very likeable, thank you very much!

Having said that, I'm a catz student, and also haven't been to any other college bars...

It's not the prettiest, I like the atmosphere there after formal tho. When it's quiet it's a bit of a disappointment.

(hi everyone! long time no post... I too have the FWBs, I have so much work I can't even decide where to begin at the moment. Unfortunately I don't think "nowhere" is the best place.)
    I don't doubt that it's probably lovely, we had only an hour and a half and your bar had about three people in it and it didn't seem to be serving, if we wanted an empty bar we would have stayed in Newnham! In all honesty we were just wandering not really paying that much attention, I think Catz scored 6/10, but would be higher in the summer, the bar looked like a very summery bar! (coloured plastic chairs!) I think we might try the same thing next Saturday but go out a little later when bars are actually open...I'll let you know what we think after actually going in can't be worse/less populated than ours!

Just been rowing, we are rubbish, but our coaches kept being nice and supportive; I think they pity us! We're all physically fit & seem to be doing fine on ergs but as a group we're hopless and have no technique what so ever! I'm 5, so I just sit there looking at the ducks most of the time, so when I do have to row I'm never ready!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    i just had an idea, the souvenier shops should start selling garden gnomes fishing with a little map of girton on teh end of the line.

oh god ccan you see what all this lineweaver burk crap is doing to me??
    Is Ellar still lecturing that? You'll enjoy metabolism more than we did last year, anyway...

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Is Ellar still lecturing that? You'll enjoy metabolism more than we did last year, anyway...

Ben

yeah he was, we're onto julia davies now but we were just doing michaelis mentin etc in practicals..

why will we enouy it more ?

rosie

PS. Francois was every bit as bad as you promised

ReputationRep:
    Francois was great.

ReputationRep:
    Ooopsy, we crashed into LMBC today whilst in a queue - Steve's boat. He laughed at us. As did the rest of them. Still not much progress on the essay front, and now I ache all over just to add to the fun. Raaaaa.

ReputationRep:
    i said to my mum on the phone the other day "It's the 5th week so I'm allowed to feel depressed"

shocked voice on tghe other end of the line said "feel WHOSE breasts??"
    Granny has indirectly invited me round for another cookin session. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    francois was crap, however, he did have the tightest trousers i have EVER seen.

i keep seeing him hanging round the zoology stairs smoking and looking morose.

visesh, i hope im gonna be there when you come i miss you and our cookery (and coriander) sessions..

ReputationRep:

Yeah. He was that crap they cancelled his lecture series.

ReputationRep:

visesh, i hope im gonna be there when you come i miss you and our cookery (and coriander) sessions..
    Well the-evil-materialistic-one is going to show me how to make cookies, and then I am making a curry. I *could* do it after you get back, but only if you get hold of some coriander.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Well the-evil-materialistic-one is going to show me how to make cookies, and then I am making a curry. I *could* do it after you get back, but only if you get hold of some coriander.
    ]arent i getting home before you, *****?

i can give you phone numbers, but thats as far as it goes.

ben, i dont understand what you are saying.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the results of those feedback forms were to decide whether they were going to get him to do those lectures next year. And since I've only ever heard people say bad things about his lectures, I assume the feedback was negative, and he wont be doing them next year. Which may be a reason why he's morose.

ReputationRep:
    ah i see

my supervisor said he thinks he will be doing them next year but with intense "supervision"..

ReputationRep:
    ]arent i getting home before you, *****?

i can give you phone numbers, but thats as far as it goes.

ben, i dont understand what you are saying.
    When are you back again? I'm actially back on the 4th not the 7th i *think*. Need to check my tickets soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    When are you back again? I'm actially back on the 4th not the 7th i *think*. Need to check my tickets soon...
    4th, or so

ReputationRep:
    4th, or so
    Think you can swing by Heathrow?

ReputationRep:
    yeah he was, we're onto julia davies now but we were just doing michaelis mentin etc in practicals..

why will we enouy it more ?

rosie

PS. Francois was every bit as bad as you promised
    Cos we had the worst lecturer ever ever ever ever for metabolism (the respiration bit anyway) and they finally sacked him in time for you lot

Nearly fell asleep in chapel this evening The sermon wasn't even that boring! Oops. Never mind, sleepy sleep soon...

Have got job interview at Marks and Sparks tomorrow... ooh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Cos we had the worst lecturer ever ever ever ever for metabolism (the respiration bit anyway) and they finally sacked him in time for you lot

Nearly fell asleep in chapel this evening The sermon wasn't even that boring! Oops. Never mind, sleepy sleep soon...

is that for xmas work? or term ?

good on you getting the crappy dude sacked. it's like purging the deleterious lecturers....for the benefit of future generations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)

i remember picking up random natsci metab notes last year, mistaking it for notes for another course we were doing... took it home to read before realizing it for what it was - it was actually pretty clear and concise, if lacking in the detail of the medic equivalents... but otherwise seemed really good! i'm surprised a lecturer capable of generating such notes would be so... disliked! then again, i've heard engineers complain that good lecturers give crap notes and crap lecturers give good notes :rolleyes: wyllie anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    i remember picking up random natsci metab notes last year, mistaking it for notes for another course we were doing... took it home to read before realizing it for what it was - it was actually pretty clear and concise, if lacking in the detail of the medic equivalents... but otherwise seemed really good! i'm surprised a lecturer capable of generating such notes would be so... disliked! then again, i've heard engineers complain that good lecturers give crap notes and crap lecturers give good notes :rolleyes: wyllie anyone?
    Are you sure you had the right metabolism notes?! His notes were dreadful!! They were copied and pasted off some website, because often random chunks would just be repeated on another page, and they were full of mistakes... Most supervisors told their students to ignore his lectures and just read Stryer. Sadly mine didn't :rolleyes:

I liked Wyllie

(crana: job interview is for Christmas - am hopefully staying up in order to be near the library and so maybe get some work done this year!)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.