Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Immortal Wombat)
devilschild: It's *H1 I believe.
I actually enjoyed doing mult integrals... It's one thing I can actually do and get the right answer... well, with the help of the answer sheet.

I'm totally stuck on Schwarz inequality and partial derivatives... They suck.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
I actually enjoyed doing mult integrals... It's one thing I can actually do and get the right answer... well, with the help of the answer sheet.

I'm totally stuck on Schwarz inequality and partial derivatives... They suck.
Hahahaha! I skipped Schwarz completely and didn't meet partials until Lent. Ah, thank God for A.

Ben
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
Hahahaha! I skipped Schwarz completely and didn't meet partials until Lent. Ah, thank God for A.

Ben
Oi, it's not funny.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Oi, it's not funny.
Switch if you're finding it too hard (unless you really want to do maths again next year). I know lots of people who trudged through B when it really wasn't necessary and got lower marks than me.

Ben
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GRRR i need the damn answer sheet....someone give me a damn copy!
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oo yay queens ergs results out. My time WAS 1:39.4 YAY...5th fastest on my team woohoo! And joint 229th out of 440....which I really dont think is that bad for a guy my weight!

omg i'm so obsessed with rowing!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
It was on offer at the entrance of B course lectures...
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
Switch if you're finding it too hard (unless you really want to do maths again next year). I know lots of people who trudged through B when it really wasn't necessary and got lower marks than me.

Ben
Nah... can't be bothered to switch. I heard A course has got a worse lecturer than B course. I'm staying with the tough lot.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i dont think kathy even goes to maths a any more

she has a low tolerance threshold for crap lecturers!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
oo yay queens ergs results out. My time WAS 1:39.4 YAY...5th fastest on my team woohoo! And joint 229th out of 440....which I really dont think is that bad for a guy my weight!

omg i'm so obsessed with rowing!
Get over it! You can't let it take over your life! Meanwhile, as a distraction, set a date for us girls, I have at least 8 wanting to come, so it'll have to be first come, first served once we have a date. I think Mondays or Fridays would be best for us, though some can do Saturdays as well (but not sure if I can, which would negate the whole point of the event.

Finished my essays, finally. Didn't help that I was meant to be working on them last night but "accidentally" ended up cooking dinner for my friend and sitting in his room chatting for over 3 hours. And so onto the next one!
devilschild
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/examples/N11Ab.pdf

try that- its not much use knowing the answer though without getting the method but at least it may give you something to aim towards! hope it helps,

Ellie
grace050
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
hi everyone,

I'm 17/f/sussex applying to study history at newnham... I was told that it's usually a good idea to have a few people to meet up with during interview time to pass time and make it less scary, was wondering if anyone fancied it? Hmm a bit about me (if that helps) i like punk, ska and cheesy pop, like dressing in outfits that people will laugh at, addicted to tv, and perferred poison is rosé, please mail me at [email protected], if you think you're on the same boat (i.e. wondering if owning horrible histories constitutes as background reading?!)

Cheers,
Grace
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by grace050)
hi everyone,

I'm 17/f/sussex applying to study history at newnham... I was told that it's usually a good idea to have a few people to meet up with during interview time to pass time and make it less scary, was wondering if anyone fancied it? Hmm a bit about me (if that helps) i like punk, ska and cheesy pop, like dressing in outfits that people will laugh at, addicted to tv, and perferred poison is rosé, please mail me at [email protected], if you think you're on the same boat (i.e. wondering if owning horrible histories constitutes as background reading?!)

Cheers,
Grace
I think everybody in this thread is already at cambridge which means we won't be around when you come up for interview I'm afraid . (we go home around 3rd/4th december). Try posting this in the main cambridge forum and you might find some other interviewees who fancy meeting up.
Katie J
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by grace050)
hi everyone,

Cheers,
Grace
I have lots of horrible history books, they didn't do me any harm! Angry Aztecs beats them all though!
I don't think I'll be up still during the interview time, but if you have any Newnham questions ask & I can do my best!

Just to let you know, myself and several others are embarking on a special mission tonight, to make Newnham bar popular! It's not an easy challenge but I'm confident we can do it! So if anyone is bored tonight after 9:30pm, you know where to go!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I think everybody in this thread is already at cambridge which means we won't be around when you come up for interview I'm afraid . (we go home around 3rd/4th december). Try posting this in the main cambridge forum and you might find some other interviewees who fancy meeting up.
A friend of mine just e-mailed and said he'll be in Downing till 11th. Who said we won't be here when the interviews start?

I probably won't be here... that's because I'll be busy killing my computer... like CompScis do...
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Katie J)
Just to let you know, myself and several others are embarking on a special mission tonight, to make Newnham bar popular! It's not an easy challenge but I'm confident we can do it! So if anyone is bored tonight after 9:30pm, you know where to go!
We'll be watching American Beauty in Pembroke tonight... me not like bars... not any bars...
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you only doint like them because people mock youfor being such a light weight.
Immortal Wombat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What about chocolate bars?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Immortal Wombat)
What about chocolate bars?
No, not chocolate bars either. I eat wavers which is not quite the bar standard.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
you only doint like them because people mock youfor being such a light weight.
I cannot out drink you any day of the week except Saturdays.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.8%
Confident (30)
12%
Indifferent (42)
16.8%
Unsure (67)
26.8%
Worried (89)
35.6%

Watched Threads