x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really really *REALLY* hate cambridge sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Why am I awake,
    Writing nocturnal haiku,
    In lieu of sleeping?

ReputationRep:
    i *will* get fined, i dont know how much tho, but its up to £200..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    Why am I awake,
    Writing nocturnal haiku,
    In lieu of sleeping?
    get into the habit of Larry eh? are we?

ReputationRep:
    (warning, very miserable & grumpy Katie, I hate being ill!)

Stupid MMR jab!
    They said there was small chance of getting anything bad from it, why do I have all three? Not happy, went to doctors yesterday, he basically said 'yes, extra painful joints is the Rubella, swollen & painful glands is the mumps bit and being oh so lucky you have a nice rash and measles type sickness' Grrr, I know it's better than properly getting any of them but I'd much rather not have either side effects or the illness'!! I also have a highly annoying kidney infection so killer back ache and no balance and dizzyness. On the whole a bit fed up!
    He also told me not to row for a week (typical, just been moved up to novice 1st boat for the races...). Then to make life even better the pharmacy lady wouldn't give me my antibiotics! :mad:

It has proved I have the nicest set of friends though! I've had so many hugs, vistors & gifts, the lower boats captain was so lovely about it all and two of them cycled to Tescos in the freezing weather about 8pm to get my tablets. They're all so nice!

ReputationRep:
    I have some Amoxillin is you want any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Our mens' novices are going as bumblebees. I've just spent an hour making their headbands. Should be relatively cool but will probably fall apart quite quickly. The girls are snow white and the seven dwarves. But I'm not rowing, I'm going away for the weekend.

Rosie - we scared the ducks today! We nearly ploughed into a flock of them!
    we raced your mens' novices then! unless there were two boats of bumblebees...?

ReputationRep:
    word is we won best costume prize? Goooooooooo Helen

ReputationRep:
    we got disqualified in the second race.....but we shouldnt have been!

We started well, we were ahead, but then our cox (who's still in need of loads of practice) oversteered...oversteered straight into the other boat.....blades clashed agains tthe boats....out boat (being polite) stopped rowing and tried to back down to straighten up....the other team kept on rowing......blades were now incredibly close to me....then suddenly "WHACK"...i get a feathered blade right in the small of my back....i keel over in overwhelming pain......by now we're half a boat behind them, but straight again.....so i try to drive past the pain...we drive on....win the race by 1/3rd of a length, but get disqualified cos we hit the other boat! GRRRRRR WE WON DAMN IT! AH my back!

ReputationRep:
    we came 2nd out of 16! not bad considering we were one of two mixed crews against all the mens' boats. the bumblebee costumes were awesome by the way helen don't know which college/division they were from but the wizard of oz boat was fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    we obviously didnt bribe the judges enough....to be disqualified from our own damn competition!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    oh my god i set the fire alarm off, shuai, will i get fined , the porter didnt know
    LOL- I did the same 2 days ago and got our bar and JCR evacuated, was so embarrassing, you shouldnt get fined I just got a bit of a talking to from the porter but he was nice about it! How was I supposed to know cold oil starts boiling when put in a really hot pan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    we obviously didnt bribe the judges enough....to be disqualified from our own damn competition!?
    We managed to win our first race against some other angels who annoyingly kept playing that Robbie tune, then lost our second race to the sea cats I think (but apparently theyre crew wasnt all that novice), though to be fair we had 2 men from our college first boat. Very impressive overall considering today was the first time we'd rowed in an 8!

ReputationRep:
    well done you! Grrr I hope we can get the coxxing sorted before clare novices, then we might whip some arse.....
    ...although then again, I dunno whether it was cos 2 of the guys in our boat actually arent from our boat...ones in the novice first boat, and the other is in the novice second boat, but I dont think that they could have made too much of a difference....they helped, but i reckon we wouldnt have been that much slower with our 2 regular guys.

So bring on clare novices I say!

ReputationRep:
    Sum from 1 to 5 for Cos (n*theta). WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

ReputationRep:
    cos d + cos 2d + cos 3d + cos 4d + cos 5d

ReputationRep:
    The answer is a single expression.... and it looks no where like what you just said...

ReputationRep:
    well you have to use (e^jd + e^-jd)/2 = cos d and so on!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes!! How come I didn't remember that. Thank you a million!!

ReputationRep:
    thankfully you didnt ask me to do any more...cos i have no idea after that point!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.