Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I just asked someone who knows how to do this stuff. Apparently, his teacher tought them how to deal with nasties like these in A'Level.... That is unfair :'(
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
I just asked someone who knows how to do this stuff. Apparently, his teacher tought them how to deal with nasties like these in A'Level.... That is unfair :'(
Not really, a lot of people got bored at a-level, I learnt special relativity in yr13 because I was bored and the teacher had forgotten the last module was synoptic and so finished 6months early :rolleyes:.

A.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Not really, a lot of people got bored at a-level, I learnt special relativity in yr13 because I was bored and the teacher had forgotten the last module was synoptic and so finished 6months early :rolleyes:.

A.
that teacher needs to be sacked... I was bored in all lessons except Chemistry... How I miss chemistry :'(
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that teacher needs to be sacked...
Not at all, 'twas all easy! The one who didn't finish the course in the first year perhaps should have been, but his tangents were cool and we did alright.
Immortal Wombat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
s/cos/cosh ?
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Helen, your tenor friend has a truly lovely voice!

Anticlimax

And why do men have to go and spoil everything?! :mad: Even when they don't directly do anything
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by devilschild)
LOL- I did the same 2 days ago and got our bar and JCR evacuated, was so embarrassing, you shouldnt get fined I just got a bit of a talking to from the porter but he was nice about it! How was I supposed to know cold oil starts boiling when put in a really hot pan?

looks like im getting fined a minimum of £70 and up to £200...
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
flipping fudge! poor you {hugs}
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
And why do men have to go and spoil everything?! :mad: Even when they don't directly do anything
Why do women have to go an spoil everything?!:mad: Even when they don't directly do anything
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why is the basketball at 10 on Sunday? Why?! Why?! They just ruined my only 12-hour sleep session.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why do women have to go an spoil everything?!:mad: Even when they don't directly do anything
Bah! Who needs men OR women? I say let's boycott the population of the world
Katie J
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Still feeling very ill Tablets making my hands shake like mad, it's like drinking too much coffee but with added sickness.

Amateurish: being the wonderful Part II bio anth person that you are...
I'm a bit stressed over a bio anth essay, I'm hopeless at maths and I've been given a question asking the methods for determining the heritability of IQ and the problems with these methods. Just wondering, does methods mean things like twin studies or does it invlove those scary formulae I keep coming across in the quantitative genetics books? It's all good until they put numbers into it when everything I thought I had grasped falls away into confusion!
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Katie J)
Still feeling very ill Tablets making my hands shake like mad, it's like drinking too much coffee but with added sickness.
Aww I hope you feel better soon!

Incidentally, if you really drink too much coffee then you get nausea too. I've only done it a couple of times.

A.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Bah! Who needs men OR women? I say let's boycott the population of the world
Yeah!! Let's do that! Do you want to start a campaign to get as many people as possible?

Boycotting the Human Race: Are you fed up with the world? Are you fed up with other people misinterpreting your points? Are you fed with not being able to understand other people? If you are, then we welcome you to join the "Boycotting the Human Race" Campaign.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have the entire floor of Cockcroft 4 all to myself... for the next 15 minutes.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Aww I hope you feel better soon!

Incidentally, if you really drink too much coffee then you get nausea too. I've only done it a couple of times.

A.
you dont just get nausea, you throw up so much that they decide they dont need to stomach pump you and have to give you anti emetic drugs
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you dont just get nausea, you throw up so much that they decide they dont need to stomach pump you and have to give you anti emetic drugs
I've never consumed that much!

A.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:You done that??!!!!
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yup

althought it wasnt exactly frm drinking too much coffee
devilschild
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That is so harsh you really should refuse to pay! Im v glad we dont get fined at our college for setting fire alarms off (as long as not on purpose obviously) just a bit of a telling off. Poor you!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
22.42%
No (173)
77.58%

Watched Threads