Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to go back to my room... I need some sleep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I need to go back to my room... I need some sleep...
    I am not stopping you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Oooh, I'm intrigued! Unfortunately I'm really not sure if I'm going to make it to any CUSAGC stuff in the near future, I'm just too damn busy

So much for my early night :rolleyes:
    If I tell you, I may get myself and NCBC in trouble (trust no one!) but if you'd still like to know when I see you next I will tell you, but it's not really that exciting! The prospect of lycra is terrifying!

Nope nor me for CUSAGC stuff, emailed yesterday giving apologies for the rest of term and trying to sort stuff for CTW...
    Fairbarnes (sp?) is the day of superlunch and I'm racing at 2pm, might be able to go late, maybe, apparently we'll definitely be done my 4pm so that would be very late!

Just had a seminar with the most annoying person, there were 8 of us, 1 girl talked non stop, I said 2 words; 'Thank you' on my way out! Grr :mad:

Jesus Brownie people formal tonight
    Can't drink though, stupid anti-biotics!

ReputationRep:
    How can counting numbers on fingers and such methods of doing so last an entire screen...? :confused: bizarre...

Interesting though :rolleyes: although I don't understand it... :rolleyes: (goodness I need to see a doctor I find counting with my fingers "interesting"..........? :eek: )

L337 got it from a friend he's cool, but he used to call himself an ubergeek, which I find rather amusing cus that just sounds amusing.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    How can counting numbers on fingers and such methods of doing so last an entire screen...? :confused: bizarre...

Interesting though :rolleyes: although I don't understand it... :rolleyes: (goodness I need to see a doctor I find counting with my fingers "interesting"..........? :eek: )
    Don't worry dear... you are not the only one here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    as right that's much clearer

grrr i have to go to library and do work, but i'm soooo tipsy! i havent pennied ANYONE and yet i got pennied 4 times tonight...GRRR!
    What in the world does pennying mean...? :confused:

And Willa stop drinking so much (a day later...) - cocktail parties again?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry dear... you are not the only one here.
    Hehehehe oooh I think we're on our way to turning into geeks

So go on then - explain some more about all those counting fingers thing... they are kinda interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Jesus Brownie people formal tonight
    Can't drink though, stupid anti-biotics!
    Oh cool! I'm going to Jesus formal tonight as well! See you there Need to buy wine first...not getting too drunk though, hopefully going to the bar to see Miss Clare afterwards (possibly the most disturbing night of the year :eek: ).

Iris - pennying is a Cambridge drinking game. It's probably done elsewhere too, but nowhere have I experienced it as quite so much of an institution (though it is technically banned at quite a few colleges now). Basically, at formal hall, if someone drops a penny in your glass of wine, you have to down it. There are other rules, like you can't penny a glass you've just poured, and you can't penny someone who's just pennied you, but apart from that it's just great fun!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully going to the bar to see Miss Clare afterwards (possibly the most disturbing night of the year :eek: ).
    Oh, what does that involve???

ReputationRep:
    you so dont wanna know baz!

ReputationRep:
    Step Into My World Of Doom

ReputationRep:
    wow, will ya look at that? if you type something all in capitals, it changes it so only the first letrter of each word is capitalised.

T R Y I T

ReputationRep:
    I Know That Rosie, It's Been Like That For A Long While Now!

ReputationRep:
    Two words.

Banana.

Fellatio.

ReputationRep:
    Two words.

Banana.

Fellatio.
    the mind boggles

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool! I'm going to Jesus formal tonight as well! See you there Need to buy wine first...not getting too drunk though, hopefully going to the bar to see Miss Clare afterwards (possibly the most disturbing night of the year :eek: ).

Iris - pennying is a Cambridge drinking game. It's probably done elsewhere too, but nowhere have I experienced it as quite so much of an institution (though it is technically banned at quite a few colleges now). Basically, at formal hall, if someone drops a penny in your glass of wine, you have to down it. There are other rules, like you can't penny a glass you've just poured, and you can't penny someone who's just pennied you, but apart from that it's just great fun!
    Pennying sounds like fun actually although I'd just end up keeping my hand over my drink all night... actually it wouldn't matter I wouldn't get alcohol anyway so downing coke is fine I wouldn't mind pennying people though

Cambridge sounds like so much fun - and if I ever get in (most unlikely) but if I do - I wanna join the assassin society!!!!! Beka told me about it and it sounds soo random! And now pennying :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wanna join the assassin society!!!!!
    It's assasin's guild dear... assassins don't work on a society basis.

ReputationRep:
    Hehehehe oooh I think we're on our way to turning into geeks

So go on then - explain some more about all those counting fingers thing... they are kinda interesting!
    I think Alaric's explaination is clear enough... to any ordinary geek trainees...

ReputationRep:
    It's assasin's guild dear... assassins don't work on a society basis.
    Lol assassin guild it is then! nonetheless it sounds fun!!!!

And lol looks like I'm not even at beginner level for being a geek! - but then seeing as I got intelligence ZERO for maths, I'm not surprised! ask anyone who knows me, they will confirm it hence I'll freak if I even get into Cambridge cus maths is compulsory for first years!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Lol assassin guild it is then! nonetheless it sounds fun!!!!

And lol looks like I'm not even at beginner level for being a geek! - but then seeing as I got intelligence ZERO for maths, I'm not surprised! ask anyone who knows me, they will confirm it hence I'll freak if I even get into Cambridge cus maths is compulsory for first years!!!! :eek:
    There is always the elementary maths for biologist avaiblable for anyone whose maths intelligence is zero...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.