Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    There is always the elementary maths for biologist avaiblable for anyone whose maths intelligence is zero...
    I only got a B at GCSE maths and that's my only maths qualification and the last time I went to an AS maths class I understood the AS maths (roots and stuff... :confused: ) but I couldn't do it cus I couldn't remember how to fractorise!!!!! I understand how to follow the instructions of maths but I don't actually understand the maths itself I can hardly cope with chemistry maths at A2 hence why I think Cambridge won't accept me.

Ok the A2 chem maths - not strictly true I can follow it through, I just can't manipulate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Ok the A2 chem maths - not strictly true I can follow it through, I just can't manipulate it.
    Why science then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The Enneagram Test
    What the Ancient Science of Personality Says About You
    Shuai, you're a Type 1 - The Idealist

Since when was I an Idealist? :confused: I'm a sad person, whatever it is called.

ReputationRep:
    I just check on one of those test I took last year and it says:

The Ultimate Personality Test
    The Real You: A Scientific Analysis
    Vincent, you're a Movie Star!

WTF!?

ReputationRep:
    Why science then? :confused:
    I'm good at science I can understand science fine! - Biochemistry is great! Got an A in Biology AS so I'm not bad at science. It's just the maths.

And if I followed my passion I'd have done Fine Art at Oxford or summit. But I do want a job afterwards, so my next favourite is science, and it is a fascinating subject, so yeh, science it is!

ReputationRep:
    What the ... ? Since when did Moscow ML go .NET??

ReputationRep:
    I'm good at science I can understand science fine! - Biochemistry is great! Got an A in Biology AS so I'm not bad at science. It's just the maths.

And if I followed my passion I'd have done Fine Art at Oxford or summit. But I do want a job afterwards, so my next favourite is science, and it is a fascinating subject, so yeh, science it is!
    OK... looks like a biologist in the making... Don't worry, NatSci maths only count as 75 marks in the first to accommodate biologists.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeh I'll be sticking to Biological cus there's no way I can switch to Physical anyway - I don't even have maths AS!

75 marks? Out of...?

ReputationRep:
    75 marks in total, which ever maths course you decide to do... You do 3 modules other than maths. Each of them counts as 100 towards your thingy (well... it's not a degree and I don't know what it is) at the end of the year. So, you get an adjusted mark out of 375 at the end of the year. If you are high enough (25% for 50% compscis) you get a first.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.carrotsoft.com/win/ml.html a new face for Moscow ML. Recommand this to any ML programmers.

ReputationRep:
    that doesn't mean a great deal... (btw, i loved "fractorise )

if its that much of a problem.. why dont you get a GCSE revision guide/textbook and just try to work through some of the stuff. you can miss out all the s about geometry etc and just concentrate on the algebra stuff..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    you can miss out all the s about geometry etc and just concentrate on the algebra stuff..
    I used to love geometry... Nothing beat the beauty of geometrical shapes...

ReputationRep:
    Pennying sounds like fun actually although I'd just end up keeping my hand over my drink all night... actually it wouldn't matter I wouldn't get alcohol anyway so downing coke is fine I wouldn't mind pennying people though
    Oh no, guarding is strictly forbidden. Nonono, is very poor form. Why wouldn't you be drinking alcohol? That negates the entire point of pennying - when I wasn't drinking, I always felt really guilty for pennying other people because I couldn't be got back.

*Has been at formal and been pennied lots, look how good my typing still is! *

ReputationRep:
    http://www.carrotsoft.com/win/ml.html a new face for Moscow ML. Recommand this to any ML programmers.
    How do I run a .exe file? My linux box doesn't seem to like it, I wanted to see the pretty mosml colours :rolleyes:

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I wasn't drinking, I always felt really guilty for pennying other people because I couldn't be got back.
    What? You did it at all? That's very poor form, if I'm not accepting pennies I refuse to give them either. Otherwise it just wouldn't be cricket! And why aren't you in Cindies if you've just been to formal, I've already seen your college sister on her way there!

A.

ReputationRep:
    Did you goto miss clare helen? It was excellent. My mate won got 10 10 10 10 from each judge too. He does make a scarily convincing girl though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, guarding is strictly forbidden. Nonono, is very poor form. Why wouldn't you be drinking alcohol? That negates the entire point of pennying - when I wasn't drinking, I always felt really guilty for pennying other people because I couldn't be got back.

I let you penny me twice, damn you!!!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    What? You did it at all? That's very poor form, if I'm not accepting pennies I refuse to give them either. Otherwise it just wouldn't be cricket! And why aren't you in Cindies if you've just been to formal, I've already seen your college sister on her way there!

A.
    I went, but one of my friends got dropped on her head on the way there so I took her home. The others didn't get in anyway, so have been lying on the ground floor of my staircase for the last hour. And I missed Miss Clare! Shocking

And mostly when I wasn't drinking I didn't penny. On some occasions it was just too tempting though

ReputationRep:

Stalker!

It was a good formal, not as pretty as Peterhouse but still good! You were penying :eek: I thought you were spoken to by the scary man for it? Very naughty!
    It was a really nice night actually, we went back to someones house, I really like the brownie people here, considerable improvement for the blue rinse brigade back at home!! I also recruited more people to join our Monday nights' making Newnham bar popular campaign!!

ReputationRep:

Lol I should've guessed guarding was forbidden! I just don't like the smell of alcohol I don't like drinking. The most alcohol I've ever had was an alcoholic-mixed fruit drink which didn't really have anything in it, otherwise I've had a sip or two of alcohol in my life, a few alcoholic chocolates.... I have never actually drunk any alcohol in my life I don't think.

But I'd love to penny people would be soo much fun

And Crana yeh GCSE maths probably a good idea! - lol I passed my AS by a week's worth of cramming so yeh I guess it really doesn't mean much! - and it's chemistry Cambridge looks for not Biology - shame really. I can understand science fine. Someone asked me some questions from his cambridge chem lecture and after a bit of explaining I got most of the questions right I'm quite pleased at that seeing as I haven't finished my A2s yet and have never been taught anything even related to the questions he asked!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.