Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Well, the maths talk has killed the thread, well done guys (I don't care if it's actually Physics, looks a lot like Mechanics to me )

Yay! Weekend! Though am very scared about novice regatta tomorrow, I hope we don't get totally crapped on. :eek: Then BCD...bring on the carnage

Went out with the uni lacrosse men last night, was great fun! Much more fun than the rugby boys, possibly partly because this time there were 8 of each sex, rather than 25 girls and 12 boys. Could keep Clareifornication in business for a term!
    are u rowing as well tomorrow?

we're on at half 10 against hughes hall......getting nervous now!!! our other 2 boats both won, (one had to forfeit after winning, but the boys boat did reeeally well) i'm scared i'll catch a huge crab!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    priya i LOVE The eay you and that girl are being so careful to avoid any actual non-oral bodily contact...hehehehehhe
    thank you....i think. lol

*hides in corner with head under paper bag*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    are u rowing as well tomorrow?

we're on at half 10 against hughes hall......getting nervous now!!! our other 2 boats both won, (one had to forfeit after winning, but the boys boat did reeeally well) i'm scared i'll catch a huge crab!
    Yep, I'm not sure what time exactly, but we start against Fitz. I'm really really scared. And I've never caught an enormous blade-wrenching crab, so if the nerves get to me and I do do that tomorrow, I won't know what to do!

Camford - there is a Maths forum. This is a chat thread

I only have one boatie blister, on the pad at the base of my inside hand (right) little finger. I tore it though, so now it's nice and callusy.

Can't believe I just wasted an entire evening :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i have a boatie blister too!! just under my 4th finger on my left (feathering) hand. urgh. the things i do for my college. :-p

helen- i agree about the chat thread. people are going to start thinking we're all geeks or something :-p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Camford - there is a Maths forum. This is a chat thread
    This is the internet, I can say whatever I want to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    And Camford, if you want to go and see the picture go and find this weeks TCS and look on page 4!
    Or alternatively: http://cam.derringer.co.uk/TCSpdfs/6-9screen.pdf

A.
    Oh that one... I just didn't realise that's Priya... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    thank you....i think. lol

*hides in corner with head under paper bag*
    Oh come on, you know most guys find girls kissing a turn on. I bet you're gonna love the attention you get from it!

So no hiding.

I've been to fat poppadaddys, I'm too drunk for what I've drunk and I'm going to make myself toast. Cellars are too hot. Too damn hot. I think I need a shower ffs.

Good luck tomorrow all you silly boaties, I'm being sensible and playing badminton, except I don't have a team so I'll just turn up and cry. Or something.

Take me away from the keyboard before I say many many things I regret. ffs/

A.

ReputationRep:
    are we talking about ACTUAL crabs as in the ones that crawl around in the sea >.........? Do they live in rivers ?

ReputationRep:
    no....catching a crab is when the ore gets kind of caught in the water, stuck against the flow of the water, and it usually takes a few seconds to recover from it, you have to force your ore out and get back in time. They can be quite dangerous too since they can really hit you in the face (the handle can swing up into you)

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited about racing today! We won by over half the reach yesterday, well over 6 lengths, but we're up against a tough crew this afternoon, Queens' B I think. Our lower boats captain has informed us (not sure if this is raising morale or not!) that if we win it then we could potentially take the plate! Crew meal last night was insane everyone was so happy and excited! All really nervous though!

ReputationRep:
    Rowing or maths, rowing or maths...

Rosie, would you like to discuss something deeply biological?!

ReputationRep:
    if I have to nicky

my tummy hurts

ReputationRep:
    aghhh!!! so annoyed! we were ahead of hughes hall all the way, even whilst on the outside of the bend....and then our timing went. we lost by a gnat's bottom!! grr!!!

wrists and legs are SOOOOO sore!and i'm soooo tired. and have to finish essay and go to newnham to hand it in!! aghhh!!! but then i will do xmas shopping :-D :-D need an outfit for RAG xmas formal on tues night...woo!

ReputationRep:

I've been to fat poppadaddys, I'm too drunk for what I've drunk and I'm going to make myself toast. Cellars are too hot. Too damn hot. I think I need a shower ffs.

Good luck tomorrow all you silly boaties, I'm being sensible and playing badminton, except I don't have a team so I'll just turn up and cry. Or something.

Take me away from the keyboard before I say many many things I regret. ffs/

A.
    I'm more than a little random when drunk aren't I!
    Whoo I think I actually do have a team, which is novel, but we're gonna get hammered! Whoo.

Bad luck Priya, it sounds like you should have won, but I'm sure there'll be plenty more chances if you remain a bowtie.

A.

ReputationRep:
    we WILL do well at Fairbairns next week though, we know we can. i'm looking forward to bumps already!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Rowing or maths, rowing or maths...

Rosie, would you like to discuss something deeply biological?!
    Alaric, can we talk about ML instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Alaric, can we talk about ML instead?
    No, I don't like ML remember

I don't think I understand denotational semantics in the slightest, I can read the notes and follwo the lectures but can't do the questions at all
    I'm going to fail!

A.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't like ML remember

I don't think I understand denotational semantics in the slightest, I can read the notes and follwo the lectures but can't do the questions at all
    I'm going to fail!

A.
    Do you still have to do ML? Aren't you a 3rd year or something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Do you still have to do ML? Aren't you a 3rd year or something? :confused:
    Just about all the theory you learn before you leave is based on ML or lambda calculus (which ML does with a slightly different syntax (fn x => x*x or something).

2nd year:
    Operational semantics
    Functional programming

3rd year:
    Types
    Denotational semantics
    Spec & Vec

And probably lots of other courses I've forgotten!

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    Just about all the theory you learn before you leave is based on ML or lambda calculus (which ML does with a slightly different syntax (fn x => x*x or something).

2nd year:
    Operational semantics
    Functional programming

3rd year:
    Types
    Denotational semantics
    Spec & Vec

And probably lots of other courses I've forgotten!

Alaric.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How much more difficult can ML get?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.