The Student Room Group
BTW - Wednesday is miles away... Come to Tit Hall!

It's an ent for the women's basketball team... I'm sure you could try to find some more sporty girls to jump on top of you (no promises implied..!) :wink:
polthegael
:confused:

What are you confused about now? Aren't my salads good enough for you or something?
:rolleyes:
polthegael
BTW - Wednesday is miles away... Come to Tit Hall!

It's an ent for the women's basketball team... I'm sure you could try to find some more sporty girls to jump on top of you (no promises implied..!) :wink:

Super on wednesday means work in tuesday at 1200 noon. Physics practical tomorrow 2-6 pm plus meeting with my DoS (ends 7:30pm) means I won't have time to do anything tomorrow. Today, is the only day I can do anything.

I've seen the women's blues team practice before... they are bad.... They are even worse than Pembroke (games played 7, games won 0).
polthegael
:rolleyes:

Fine, get Rosie to do salads for you next time. I quit!
That's an impressive record..! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
polthegael
That's an impressive record..! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yeah... We rock at Basketball, as if...

We lost to Girton/Selwyn last week... We suck!!
Camford
I'm happy to offer you my service so long as they are NatSci IA maths ODEs.

Yep they are- I'm trying to solve these by changing the variables then using integrating factors, think i'm ok with the integrating factors bit once i have it in the right form, but how should i change the variables to get in the form:-

dy/dx + (Q(x))y = P(x)? (where Q(x) and P(x) just mean functions of x)

a) dy/dx - y= x(y^5)

b)dy/dx + y= y^2(cosx-sinx)

Also any hints on how to solve this would be appreciated

(lny-x)(dy/dx) - ylny = 0

(y-x)(dy/dx) + (2x +3y)=0

no worries if not, i feel v rude asking but am soooo confused!thanku ellie x
Reply 11308
i should pointout lex was not attempted-raped. nort in any sense of the concept. we were merely tickling him.
Reply 11309
crana9
i should pointout lex was not attempted-raped. nort in any sense of the concept. we were merely tickling him.

Oh, that's less fun. Sorry, I mean that's much more preferable for Lex.

A.
devilschild
Yep they are- I'm trying to solve these by changing the variables then using integrating factors, think i'm ok with the integrating factors bit once i have it in the right form, but how should i change the variables to get in the form:-

dy/dx + (Q(x))y = P(x)? (where Q(x) and P(x) just mean functions of x)

a) dy/dx - y= x(y^5)

b)dy/dx + y= y^2(cosx-sinx)

Also any hints on how to solve this would be appreciated

(lny-x)(dy/dx) - ylny = 0

(y-x)(dy/dx) + (2x +3y)=0

no worries if not, i feel v rude asking but am soooo confused!thanku ellie x

I need to give it some thought before I can reply... I'm currently not doing maths. But, I will try to solve them before 12 tonight.
Reply 11311
anyone know quickly how to show that tanhx approaches -1 as x->-infinity!?
i can show that it approaches 1 as x goes towards infinity, but cant go in the other direction!
Reply 11312
ah just figured it out...np!
Wow! Am I the only one that's not doing any maths?
Reply 11314
grrr....how the hell do you integrate tanhx?
Willa
grrr....how the hell do you integrate tanhx?

tanhx = sinhx/coshx

=> I = ln(coshx) + A

= ln0.5 + ln(e^x + e^-x) + A = ln(e^2x +1) - x + A
Reply 11316
why is it every time i ask a question just after i post it, i work it out for myself!
Willa
why is it every time i ask a question just after i post it, i work it out for myself!

sorry :tongue:
Willa

should have tried that tad bit harder...
Reply 11319
ok so lets try again, see if the answer suddenly comes to me...someone answer it non the less

integrate cosh-1 x........i get a 0.5 appearing, someone help!

Latest

Trending

Trending