Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Int by parts. That trick works well on these *****es.

ReputationRep:
    yes i do but i get a 0.5 which the answers says isnt ther!

ReputationRep:
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...=off&q=cosh-1x

3 results on cosh-1x

ReputationRep:
    those fail to help

ReputationRep:
    I know that. But it's google Scholar Beta....

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a food crisis! I'm hungry and don't have anything other than pasta which I have eaten for the past few days (rowing :rolleyes: ) and supernoodles, rice, tuna, tomato sauce and other useless stuff like herbs and salt. I've run out of porridge and only have some green bananas! I really should have gone shopping today instead of writing my essays!
    Where can I get food this time of night on a Sunday??

ReputationRep:
    May I suggest Gardie's to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ok so lets try again, see if the answer suddenly comes to me...someone answer it non the less

integrate cosh-1 x........i get a 0.5 appearing, someone help!
    if it's not in the answer it's probably been absorbed into the constant. but i'm not 100% as to where you're saying it's appearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    May I suggest Gardie's to you?
    Ergh, I can't stomach that now! I would go out for a meal but too much work to do, might have to cycle down to the co-op, I'm very hungry!!

ReputationRep:
    I have enough chocolate to feed a small nation in my room. Fancy some?

ReputationRep:
    eat the supernoodles tonight, have rice and tina salad with tomato sauce tomorro for lunc / dinner, try and go shopin tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    i gave up on that question, i'm now on trying to express tanh-1 as a logarithm! any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i gave up on that question, i'm now on trying to express tanh-1 as a logarithm! any help?
    what's tanhx in exponential? (e^x-e^-x)/(e^x+e^-x) = tanhx. solve for x as if you are dealing with an quadratic eqtn in e^x.

ReputationRep:
    how can you multiply something like that into a quadratic exactly...i'm being v slow tonight

ReputationRep:
    let that thingumy = y. multiply top and bottom by e^x. and solve for e^2x.

ReputationRep:
    I'm procrastinating... I don't want to do read my physics lab handbook. Will, we get to play that thingumy tomorrow, don't we? Last practical of this term. Yipee!! But I am slightly depressed with the thoughts of going home... without anyone to talk to... without internet...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=265

ReputationRep:
    but then you have (e^2y - 1)/(e^2y+1)....where do you go from there to get a nice quadratic of e^x?

ReputationRep:
    where's the y from?

(e^x - e^-x)/(e^x + e^-x) = y
    (e^2x - 1)/(e^2x+1)=y
    e^2x - 1=ye^2x +y

ReputationRep:
    blah i dont care any more

and i dont get the physics of the gyroscope either....the explanation in the manual is baffling...where it says that a rotation about the OP axis causes angular momentum change about the OY axis...that doesnt make sense at all!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.