Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    (Rowing is addictive, it's not good!)
    LOL - quote of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    and for all those new senior rowers... lent term is a totally different game from mich term. 1. some novices quit. 2. some seniors taking time out will return. 3. depends on where all the boats from your club are in bumps.
    and 4. Caius men start rowing away with everything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've got one of Rosie's potatoes? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I've got one of Rosie's potatoes? :confused:
    Wha? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Tell me about it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    yes what

ReputationRep:
    I've got more stuff than I can manage in my room. That sucks!!! Neither of my parents can drive and neither of them is coming down to get me... that sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Look ... this is the potato!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Rosie, thanks SO much for the lunch!! And the potatoes (look, I passed on some of the potato love )

Met lots of people today! yay!

ReputationRep:
    Wooo! Was cool to meet Shiny and Nicky! Yay! I'm nearly ready for the bop now, I'm going as an angel. I just need to get my wings on, then I'm all ready to go. wooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Wooo! Was cool to meet Shiny and Nicky! Yay! I'm nearly ready for the bop now, I'm going as an angel. I just need to get my wings on, then I'm all ready to go. wooooooooo!
    Ooooh did you make them out of chickenwire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Did you make them out of chickens? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    LMBC always has the best novices though, proving two things:

1) Too many of our top rowers drop out to play rugby
    2) LMBC is too pure of heart to take in former Olympians studying Management just to do well in the Bumps

ReputationRep:
    how comes i wasnt invited to a potato lunch!?

ReputationRep:
    How does everyone feel about going down?

ReputationRep:
    i dont go down til wednesday!!! woo i got lots of cambridgeness to enjoy until then...although admitably i will actually try and do some work on the monday....perhaps!

ReputationRep:
    A week of bad luckness started with a text from the object of my affection telling me that her sistered had ended up in intensive care. Then it was followed by an e-mail from my mother telling me that the son of a friend of my fathers died in a car crash last wednesday. To top the things up, she sent me another e-mail informing me that my grandad, her father, was in hospital because of breathing difficulties.

However, things didn't end there. Tonight, the zips on my bag had given up completely and left me wondering what to do to the bag so I can get home...

Ay~~~~ life sucks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    LMBC always has the best novices though, proving two things:

1) Too many of our top rowers drop out to play rugby
    2) LMBC is too pure of heart to take in former Olympians studying Management just to do well in the Bumps
    one of the senior members of our boat club once explained maggie novice dominance to me. apparently you guys own some really novice-oriented shells which are very stable and thus sit well for novices, hence your generally good novice performance. however, that apparently does not translate into senior rower performance...

and whilst i admit that our first boat at caius does tend to undergo major overhauls during easter term, that still leaves mich and lent terms where we depend on so-called "homegrown" talent. and we still get decent results

if we manage to convince some rowers to come back and row for easter term though, you really should see the caius first mens' crew list in the bumps programme - it could certainly get interesting if all goes as planned.

steve, are you in maggie 1 or 2? coz if you're in maggie 2... GRRRRR... not really your fault, but we caught a small crab and our coach reckons we lost about 20 secs, which would've placed caius M2 2secs ahead of LMBC2 (i.e. fastest M2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    No, in the end I just bought a piece of gold organza, sewed it into ruffles in the middle and cut the edges into rough wing shapes. Then I folded over the top edge and sewed my arms into it. Unfortunately the sewing broke in the middle of the night, so I had to tie them back on, but it still worked. The rest of my costume was a piece of white muslin wrapped around me and tied halter-neck, with some silver ribbons crossing on my chest, and of course the obligatory tinsel halo. Fishpaste liked it, but he was wasted at the time, so I don't know how flattering he was being

(Original post by polthegael)
    How does everyone feel about going down?
    On whom? Sorry, couldn't resist!

Wooooo! I'm a senior rower now! And I've just been sent a really really scary training schedule for the holidays

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.