Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    that wasnt in the cinema though

ReputationRep:
    it's really hard knowing what to say to people who've just been rejected. it's very very hard to know what the admissions tutors were playing at too, but I do have some faith in them. (well the cambridge ones anyway, not going to bother defending the oxford ones ) I can't even begin to imagine how gutted I would have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Neil Dodgson seems cool, he seems to just set questions for Graphics (in IB) that only require extraordinary notes remembering. The Adv graphics ones are a bit trickier. He's an amusing lecturer, he knows far too many cartoon characters---I think he's got a couple of sprogs running around making him watch stuff!

compsci isn't a good way to take over the world:

you: "I am your uberleader(of doom), phear me as I rule your world"
    bystander: "you're a compsci"
    everyone: laughs
    you: run and hide

Doesn't work, trust me, I've tried.

Alaric.
    I know he's cool. If I'm honest, I enjoyed going to his supervisions more than any other ones I had for the last term. But, he's the only one said my work is "satisfactory". Then again, it's hardware stuff we are talking about here, and I hate anything that's hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    it's really hard knowing what to say to people who've just been rejected. it's very very hard to know what the admissions tutors were playing at too, but I do have some faith in them. (well the cambridge ones anyway, not going to bother defending the oxford ones ) I can't even begin to imagine how gutted I would have been.
    Funny I was reading through last year's rejections/acceptances thread the other day. And you were on a break in California. And you weren't expecting to get an offer anyway...

I would be gutted if I don't get anything that I asked for (applied for or whatever), except jobs.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4113989.stm

When mobs strike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Funny I was reading through last year's rejections/acceptances thread the other day. And you were on a break in California. And you weren't expecting to get an offer anyway...

I would be gutted if I don't get anything that I asked for (applied for or whatever), except jobs.
    Yep I really didn't expect an offer but I would still have been gutted if I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yep I really didn't expect an offer but I would still have been gutted if I didn't.
    Understandable.

(* shamelessly spamming. *)

ReputationRep:
    Alaric, need help with my Mandrake 9.0. Take a look at this link and tell me what's wrong. http://www.computing.net/linux/wwwbo...rum/27033.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You should get it posted to you soonish, if not e-mail David and ask him. I said something at Peterhouse formal about my being "quite blatantly a prostitute" - I think related to Clare's infamous Hags, ****s and Drag party - and it got quoted entirely out of context. I have Ben's mobile number if you want me to PM it to you so you can nag him...

I've just been shopping alllll day, I'm exhausted! I have everyone's presents though, and still have some money left (though not much, mind) and we went to see Phantom of the Opera - my sister condescended to let me go with her friends, which was oh-so-generous of her considering I'd driven her there. :rolleyes: Was mostly very good, though a few musical points I'd change, but who am I to say?
    I have a copy now, with interesting spelling of my address! I would hope most of the quotes were taken out of context, or do they really just come out with some of that stuff!? How many of the Helen quotes are yours or the other Helens'? I have a mention (and in a photo) but a completely random one (unexplained and about my eating habits!) in an article on the freshers' walk. I've emailed him, if he doesn't reply again I may take you up on the number offer.

We're going to see Phantom tonight after work, on the condition that my sisters do not join in! I was made to see Blade Trinity last week, which was rubbish. Cinema here is so cheap compared to Cambridge! £2.20!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    I have a copy now, with interesting spelling of my address! I would hope most of the quotes were taken out of context, or do they really just come out with some of that stuff!? How many of the Helen quotes are yours or the other Helens'? I have a mention (and in a photo) but a completely random one (unexplained and about my eating habits!) in an article on the freshers' walk. I've emailed him, if he doesn't reply again I may take you up on the number offer.

We're going to see Phantom tonight after work, on the condition that my sisters do not join in! I was made to see Blade Trinity last week, which was rubbish. Cinema here is so cheap compared to Cambridge! £2.20!
    A lot of the quotes are meant to be innocent, we don't deliberately say this stuff. And most of the other ones are the other Helen. I did say the prostitute comment, but it was sarcastic.

I was very good and didn't sing during Phantom (which I've now seen twice) but have been singing it/had it in my head ever since.

My rowing training is going soooo badly. I haven't even made it to the gym yet, just havne't had time!

ReputationRep:
    You seen the Phantom twice already?! Wow, it must be really really good then. In that case, I shall be watching the Incredibles then Phantom of the Opera before new term starts.

You guys were right. Lemony was a bit bad.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Phantom of the Opera some time just cus when I told my friend aaages ago when we were playing "Guess the Musical by Lip-Reading the Lyrics!" that I had never heard of Phantom of the Opera, and have ever since wanted to know what in the world it's about cus the name sounds soo bizarre!!!!

However no doubt I'll end up not seeing it cus I never seem to make it to the cinema... :rolleyes:

What is it about anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    I'd like to see Phantom of the Opera some time just cus when I told my friend aaages ago when we were playing "Guess the Musical by Lip-Reading the Lyrics!" that I had never heard of Phantom of the Opera, and have ever since wanted to know what in the world it's about cus the name sounds soo bizarre!!!!

However no doubt I'll end up not seeing it cus I never seem to make it to the cinema... :rolleyes:

What is it about anyway?
    It's about the Phatom at the Opera

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    My rowing training is going soooo badly. I haven't even made it to the gym yet, just havne't had time!
    I don't think mine is going too bad considering how busy I've been, I didn't do much to begin with but I'm running every day and walking the dog a lot more here. I try and do stretching while reading but I've not done any of the exercise/circuit things except some sit-ups every other day. Work keeps me rushed off my feet for several hours at a time. I'm not taking it too seriously as there are so many Newnham boats (6!) with all except one at a pretty high standard so I'm not in a top boat by any means and don't think I ever will be (too short they keep asking if I'd like to be a cox instead :mad: :p: ) but it's fun so worth the effort I think! Hope some decent walking over New Year will help! Gym sounds a bit too committed for me! My family think I'm a bit weird though, I'm eating loads (trying to put on weight!) but doing more exercise than before, which they don't seem to think go well together!

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Just found out one of my best mates has had an offer of AEE for Oxford! His dad, my old English teacher will now have two sons at the same college both doing English, bet he's dead proud!!

ReputationRep:
    I got my ball today! I got my ball today!

ReputationRep:
    I found the Phantom of the Opera really boring! The music was great, as expected, but the film (I thought) was quite badly made and a bit bizarre... But that was just my opinion The Incredibles was... incredible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    It's about the Phatom at the Opera
    Lol that tells me a lot! However that on its own sounds bizarre already :aetsch: hehe random indeeeeed

And Katie J - AEE? Wow nice! :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comma)
    I found the Phantom of the Opera really boring! The music was great, as expected, but the film (I thought) was quite badly made and a bit bizarre... But that was just my opinion The Incredibles was... incredible
    Wow, really? I am so going to watch the Incredibles.

Hey has any of you guys seen the trailor of Madgascar? That looks fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comma)
    Yes, the story is bizarre - that's basically how it is in the musical though. There were some dodgy bits, and Christine annoyed me occasionally, but overall I enjoyed it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.