Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    And Katie J - AEE? Wow nice! :tsr:
    I know! I'm so proud of him, he wasn't going to bother applying but I talked him into it over the summer, shame I couldn't convince him Cambridge would have been better. :p: He was quite drunk when he told me, trying to act all calm and collected but secretly really excited and proud! I now have two male friends who want Newnham scarfs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    I know! I'm so proud of him, he wasn't going to bother applying but I talked him into it over the summer, shame I couldn't convince him Cambridge would have been better. :p: He was quite drunk when he told me, trying to act all calm and collected but secretly really excited and proud! I now have two male friends who want Newnham scarfs
    Why didn't he wanna apply to Oxford? Lol yeh very good thing you talked him into it! But yeh shame he didn't get converted over to Cambridge I'm trying to convert my Oxford-mad friend over to Cambridge lol but that's pretty impossible cus she was born in Oxford and loved it there. Was your friend happy that he got such an offer? Is he gonna accept it?

Hehehe Newnham scarves nice! If I get into Cambridge I want an Oxford T-shirt and if I don't get in I still want an Oxford T-shirt cus I won't be so pro-Cambridge then!

ReputationRep:
    Did you realise the students thread over in Nottingham died in October?? :eek: It's pretty impressive that this Cambridge students thread lasted this long! And almost all threads over at Reading is all dead since November! And I thought the Cambridge sub-forum was dying :rolleyes:

Hmm I don't want the Cambridge sub-forum to die and I really like this students thread don't want this thread to die either but I think things are coming to a close aren't they? - things would probably all be dead after everyone's heard from Cambridge... :frown: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Did you realise the students thread over in Nottingham died in October?? :eek: It's pretty impressive that this Cambridge students thread lasted this long! And almost all threads over at Reading is all dead since November! And I thought the Cambridge sub-forum was dying :rolleyes:

Hmm I don't want the Cambridge sub-forum to die and I really like this students thread don't want this thread to die either but I think things are coming to a close aren't they? - things would probably all be dead after everyone's heard from Cambridge... :frown: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
    He didn't want to apply because he thought it would be a waste of time and he doesn't like all the 'pomp & hype' that exists in Oxbridge, he's not the type to appreciate anything other than the course, a bit like I was, but now I actually like the stuff that goes with it, which isn't that bad anyway! . We've spent ages talking about it, the other night I may have nearly convinced him he even wanted to row and do long distance formal/ball swaps! I think he's pretty darn pleased about his offer, but trying to play it down a lot, not a showy confident guy at all, that's why his drunkeness was so funny the other night, he kept talking excitedly about his interview, then stopping himself. It's kind of nice for me as well, I have someone else here now who I can talk about that sort of stuff with, my other friends care very little for the word of education and are at uni for the social side more than anything else and keep telling me I'm foolish for wanting to work so hard! Of course he's accepting the offer!

It won't die, if this years' people are anything like me they'll be full of questions, I found this site just after getting my offer, I was hunting for info at the time!

ReputationRep:
    merry christmas everyone (well almost)

ReputationRep:
    :xmas: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! :xmas:

:party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    :xmas: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! :xmas:

:party:
    Merry Christmas... If it is indeed merry....

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth did ITV have to show 'Gone with the Wind' in the morning? Went to bed about 5am. A very difficult day ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeh I didn't bother watching Gone With the Wind - I watched Early Edition instead and went upstairs and did some art didn't sleep til about 4am :rolleyes: Getting a little fed up with having to draw tigers - interesting though they are they only hold my attention for an hour or two hence I've ended up drawing a tigeress woman I quite like her

Merry Christmas people

And Katie J - yeh let's hope this sub-forum/thread doesn't die! I don't usually go anywhere else in the forum! And lol your friend sounds kinda sweet and rather amusing :p: Why in the world would your other friends think it's foolish to work hard? - it's stupid not to work hard cus then you fail in life, which is probably a lesson I'll be learning soon cus I never work I've managed to fluke all my GCSEs and my AS-Levels so far... Well you're at Cambridge now so I bet your friends are just jealous of everything else that comes with it! (bar the workload I guess :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Woo! Just found out one of my best mates has had an offer of AEE for Oxford! His dad, my old English teacher will now have two sons at the same college both doing English, bet he's dead proud!!
    Nice to hear nepotism is thriving in the other place.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas everybody!

A.

ReputationRep:
    Season's greetings people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Nice to hear nepotism is thriving in the other place.. :rolleyes:
    Where the hell have you been man?

ReputationRep:
    I am in Birmingham and guess what I'm doing for my Christmas day? Yep, you guessed it, I'm fixing my friend's computer. This computer is doomed. It has got no less than 1000 items of adware and some 30 odd viruses. This must be the most heavily infected computer I've ever seen. Before today, this very same computer had a record which I thought was impossible to achieve, it collected 600 odd adwares this time last year, along with some 20 odd viruses... My friend need a fix in the head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I am in Birmingham and guess what I'm doing for my Christmas day? Yep, you guessed it, I'm fixing my friend's computer. This computer is doomed. It has got no less than 1000 items of adware and some 30 odd viruses. This must be the most heavily infected computer I've ever seen. Before today, this very same computer had a record which I thought was impossible to achieve, it collected 600 odd adwares this time last year, along with some 20 odd viruses... My friend need a fix in the head.
    He also needs a girlfriend (or even perhaps a boyfriend).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Where the hell have you been man?
    Around and about..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Or both..? :rolleyes:

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Or both..? :rolleyes:

:eek:
    Or maybe an overactive imagination and plenty of lube? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Oi, he's married. I say he's my friend. he's more like a family friend.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.