The Student Room Group
I Am The Only V ON this THREAD!
Katie J
I am back in South Wales from North Wales, took me from 12.19 to 17.28 though, stupid trains! :mad:

Good week, even if incredibly windy and wet! Sore knees now, worth it though! :biggrin:

Glad you had fun! Sorry about stupid trains! What's the gossip, anything I should be aware of before going back next term?

I've just had a reunion of my Mexico group in Nottingham, and we went to the Hard Rock Café. I always forget how expensive that place is, dammit!
Reply 11962
you shoulda said hello to me an visesh while you were there :wink:
crana9
you shoulda said hello to me an visesh while you were there :wink:

Well, I would have done if I'd known where to look :p: I like your shops though :smile:
Reply 11964
you could have asked - a novel concept perhaps :wink:

our shops kick cambridge's arse. let's face it, cambridge doesnt have anything good.
Well, but I didn't want to meet up with a couple of random internet people when I was already with my friends, it might have scared them :redface: Sorry :p:

Cambridge is shopping heaven compared with where I live! But more expensive as well. I need to look at getting myself a May Ball dress in the sales, some hope :rolleyes:
Reply 11966
to be fair i probably wouldn't have bothered to trek into nottingham anyway, altho I was in arnold this morning. And I do need to go to next clearance to take back some stuff. However, had you come to mansfield, yuou could have got a dress from TK Maxx and be laughing.
I went to TK Maxx in Kidderminster yesterday and they didn't have anything in my size that wasn't hideous or broken. Might try Telford/Shrewsbury/Wolverhampton before I leave for Cambridge.
Reply 11968
Is there not a tk maxx in cam by asda?
I dunno. Where's Asda? *lives in the bubble*

We found a restaurant called Man Ho though, I thought that was funny!
Reply 11970
There is indeed a TK Maxx next to Asda - Nicky and I got really nice ball dresses for our RAG Christmas dinner there and they only cost something like £30.
Reply 11971
Helenia
I dunno. Where's Asda? *lives in the bubble*

God, and you cycle, to boathouses in that direction. It's between Coldhams lane and newmarket road iirc.

There's loads of shops there, but they were all closed when I wandered around there in the dark. There's a little passageway onto york street I think that might be a short cut from the grafton direction at least.

A.
Alaric
God, and you cycle, to boathouses in that direction. It's between Coldhams lane and newmarket road iirc.

There's loads of shops there, but they were all closed when I wandered around there in the dark. There's a little passageway onto york street I think that might be a short cut from the grafton direction at least.

Yes, but most of the way to the boathouses is on Jesus Green. I've never cycled along Chesterton Road beyond the funny one-way bit. If there is one in Cambridge though, I'll find it, I love that place!
Reply 11973
lazy people may also choose to use the free city shuttle bus which runs to the grafton (theres a stop opposite catz on trumpington st/kings parade, and one with all the bus stops on drummer st)
Reply 11974
Helenia
Yes, but most of the way to the boathouses is on Jesus Green. I've never cycled along Chesterton Road beyond the funny one-way bit. If there is one in Cambridge though, I'll find it, I love that place!

Well...
At the cinema end of the Grafton there's a large roundabout which you should apparently never go under (it's a subway thing) at night. One of the exits is Newmarket road, venture down there a couple of hundred yards and there's a tescos on your left between newmarket road and the river and on the right there's a little road to Homebase, Maplin, Tk Maxx, Asda and some other random shops. Further along there's a B&Q.

I went a slightly odd way to asda, via homebase, I think there's a road you can turn off before you reach homebase that's more direct (is that actually coldhams' lane?).

A.
Reply 11975
im boycotting sainsburys next term (unless i really need something and am too lazy to get it by other means..). it's just too rubbish.
Reply 11976
crana9
im boycotting sainsburys next term (unless i really need something and am too lazy to get it by other means..). it's just too rubbish.

Where are you going to shop instead? Asda is too far :frown:

And what's with these new user titles, why would I be a 'peer of the TSR realm'. bleh.

A.
Reply 11977
OK, I haven't actually been yet, but doesn't seem that far if i use the free bus. plus, I wouldn't need to go every week. UHT milk's fine for tea & coffee, and i normally get fruit & veg from the market anyway. I don't buy much bread.

id probably use sainsburys now and then for things i forget or if too lazy to get to asda or whatever, but not planning to use it as much, oh no.
Reply 11978
oh, and i stocked up on dried green lentils. so if you ever need any while in cambridge you can have some of mine for your pasta.
Reply 11979
crana9
oh, and i stocked up on dried green lentils. so if you ever need any while in cambridge you can have some of mine for your pasta.

Cool, ta, but I'm a bit too lazy to cook that properly at the moment. All my cooking at the moment is in the microwave or a frying pan :tongue:

Lloyd Grossman curry two nights running, mmm, parents buying food is good.

A.

Latest

Trending

Trending