The Student Room Group
Camford
Of course not. He doesn't look gay, or sounds gay. Not to me anyway.

you know gay people don't have a flashing neon 'gay' sign above their heads. Well not usually. Though I am developing a gaydar to a certain extent, it doesn't extend to men and it's nothing to do with looks or sounds. I guess coming from the former home of gay pride (curse Hye Park for stealing it from us! It belongs in Clapham!!!) i've grown up knowing that nothing- be it your sexuality, race, creed, or background- has to dictate what sort of a person you are.
naelse
you know gay people don't have a flashing neon 'gay' sign above their heads. Well not usually. Though I am developing a gaydar to a certain extent, it doesn't extend to men and it's nothing to do with looks or sounds. I guess coming from the former home of gay pride (curse Hye Park for stealing it from us! It belongs in Clapham!!!) i've grown up knowing that nothing- be it your sexuality, race, creed, or background- has to dictate what sort of a person you are.

I'd be really surprised if lex started to wear such sign. It's just that no one has ever told me that Fry is gay. My gaydar is bad, I mean really bad. Apart from the obvious, I'm useless at telling gay and straight apart.
Camford
I'd be really surprised if lex started to wear such sign. It's just that no one has ever told me that Fry is gay. My gaydar is bad, I mean really bad. Apart from the obvious, I'm useless at telling gay and straight apart.

hmmmm a sign... i guess it would prevent embarrassing come-ons from the wrong sex. :biggrin:
naelse
hmmmm a sign... i guess it would prevent embarrassing come-ons from the wrong sex. :biggrin:

A friend in somewhere up north did that once last term... no name is mentioned.
Reply 12104
i thought he was bisexual?
Reply 12105
Camford
But they do add up to 2n. I'm sure my supervisored agreed with me on that one. But I just can't remember how that argument works now. You can draw this one out with small n's and you'll find that it always works.

Your argument has assumed that the number of hands shaken by any couple add up to 2n. Otherwise, removing the couple which contains the maximum-hands-shaker, or the minimum-hands-shaker, does not guaranteed the removal of 2n handshakes.

this is incorrect.....to recieve 2n+1 different answers implies that somebody shook no hands and somebody shook all possible hands (i.e. everybodies hand excluding their partner's). The only possible combination is that the person who shook everyone's hand was with the person who shook no hands (since they didnt shake hands with each other).
Reply 12106
naelse
I guess coming from the former home of gay pride (curse Hye Park for stealing it from us! It belongs in Clapham!!!) i've grown up knowing that nothing- be it your sexuality, race, creed, or background- has to dictate what sort of a person you are.

Omg :eek: :eek: :eek: really?!?!?! NOT coming from the former home of gay pride, I didn't have a clue!
crana9
Omg :eek: :eek: :eek: really?!?!?! NOT coming from the former home of gay pride, I didn't have a clue!

lol i didn't mean that...

it's just that since leaving london i've heard so many comments like: "nah, she's not gay, i saw her wearing a pretty skirt the other day.." or "he's not gay, he doesn't like kylie/steps/doris day/etc"

but i wasn't saying that nobody else has a clue at all, sorry if i offended you in any way
Reply 12108
lol, ok, yeah those people do sound VERY clueless!!
Reply 12109
wow you're from clapham.....that's about 15 mins cycle from my house!!!! ooo you posh little so-and-so
Reply 12110
camford....question 1 on page 15 of discrete maths....i know you told me that the first two are false and the third is true, but how are you supposed to know that the first two are false, and hence look for a counter-example!?
Willa
wow you're from clapham.....that's about 15 mins cycle from my house!!!! ooo you posh little so-and-so

nah i live in the dodgy bit :cool:
Reply 12112
since when was there a dodgy bit of clapham!? as far as i'm aware all of it's quite classy....well at least that's the feel i get of it going to clapham junction and floating around northcote road.
if you've just been to northcote road you aint seen the half of it! there's still clapham south, clapham north and clapham common...
stephen fry doesn't wear a neon gay sign, but he comes off overwhelmingly gay, doesn't he?
Reply 12115
well clapham south is still as posh as northcote since it's all the area to the south of the common. Clapham common is midway to clapham junction and that's still posh, and all i've seen of clapham north is fancy parkside houses....so where exactly is the "dodgy bit"?
well my dodgy bit is in clapham south just as you're heading towards streatham. Huge council estate near abbevile. There's another council estate in clapham common down the hill if you turn off by sainsbury's going down towards brixton.
I live in a rubbish bit of london too... snap
Willa
this is incorrect.....to recieve 2n+1 different answers implies that somebody shook no hands and somebody shook all possible hands (i.e. everybodies hand excluding their partner's). The only possible combination is that the person who shook everyone's hand was with the person who shook no hands (since they didnt shake hands with each other).

I can't see why "they don't shake hands with each other" implies that one shake all the hands, and the other shake 0 hand.
fishpaste
stephen fry doesn't wear a neon gay sign, but he comes off overwhelmingly gay, doesn't he?

I would say moderately so. Not in the Graham Norton league.

Latest

Trending

Trending