Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I would say moderately so. Not in the Graham Norton league.
    You do learn something new everyday, well night rather.

ReputationRep:

:O

ReputationRep:
    mmmmm Jude Law (isn't it?)

ReputationRep:
    mmmmm Jude Law (isn't it?)
    yep!

ReputationRep:
    I've just discovered a largeish cut on the underside of my arm, with quite a lot of blood. I don't know how I did that :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've just discovered a largeish cut on the underside of my arm, with quite a lot of blood. I don't know how I did that :confused:
    Have you been drinking again Helen?

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm having a "be nice to my liver" week partly after the abuse it got at new year and mainly before the carnage that next week will probably be. Plus it's nice to my bank account.

I think I'll blame rowing, that's to blame for every other physical problem I have right now!

ReputationRep:
    i did 2500km worth of erg today..not all in one go, interspersed with stomach crunches, and at varying paces. took me ages to do it, i'm so unfit!!

feel all jelly-like now...yey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i did 2500km worth of erg today..not all in one go, interspersed with stomach crunches, and at varying paces. took me ages to do it, i'm so unfit!!

feel all jelly-like now...yey
    2,500,000 metres! WOAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i did 2500km worth of erg today ... i'm so unfit!!
    Jesus if I rowed across the atlantic in a morning I'd die of exhaustion! :p:
    I think you might mean 2500m.

Last time I was on an erg I only did a click but I tried to do it too fast, forgot to breathe (as usual) and felt like fainting when I got off. I have no aerobic fitness at all, which is why badminton is good, it allows me to remember to breathe whilst preparing for serves.

A.

ReputationRep:
    That's the reason why I play basketball... though I still I'm too skinny to be the centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    That's the reason why I play basketball... though I still I'm too skinny to be the centre.
    You still haven't answered my question: Who is your (Pem) SG [shooting guard]?

EDIT: That's why I play cricket- get to have one helluva breather whilst fielding

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm having a "be nice to my liver" week partly after the abuse it got at new year and mainly before the carnage that next week will probably be. Plus it's nice to my bank account.

I think I'll blame rowing, that's to blame for every other physical problem I have right now!
    So this is what the nice Helen looks like...

I shall remember this in my heart always, Be nice to your bank account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    You still haven't answered my question: Who is your (Pem) SG [shooting guard]?

EDIT: That's why I play cricket- get to have one helluva breather whilst fielding
    We have an SG? We do? Do we? I don't know, do we? Really? How come I never knew that.

Sorry Visesh, we don't know who is what or where when we play. We are shambolic. Hence, we are yet to win a game this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    We have an SG? We do? Do we? I don't know, do we? Really? How come I never knew that.

Sorry Visesh, we don't know who is what or where when we play. We are shambolic. Hence, we are yet to win a game this season.
    Oh. I just wanted to know, seeing as you said that your team was like the Lakers. I wanted to meet the Pembrian Kobe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Jesus if I rowed across the atlantic in a morning I'd die of exhaustion! :p:
    I think you might mean 2500m.

Last time I was on an erg I only did a click but I tried to do it too fast, forgot to breathe (as usual) and felt like fainting when I got off. I have no aerobic fitness at all, which is why badminton is good, it allows me to remember to breathe whilst preparing for serves.

A.
    sorry, yeah i meant 2.5k, or 2500m. haha. 2500km would actually kill me, and i'd still be doing it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Oh. I just wanted to know, seeing as you said that your team was like the Lakers. I wanted to meet the Pembrian Kobe!
    Hey, I didn't say we were like Lakers. I said they were like us last week, i.e. shambolic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    sorry, yeah i meant 2.5k, or 2500m. haha. 2500km would actually kill me, and i'd still be doing it lol.
    Unit kills. Remember that.

ReputationRep:
    One of our rowers is doing a 1,000,000m erg to raise money for breast cancer research... He's on about 700,000 at the mo! Utterly nuts but a star

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    One of our rowers is doing a 1,000,000m erg to raise money for breast cancer research... He's on about 700,000 at the mo! Utterly nuts but a star
    A star indeed Money is defo needed there! I raised about £250 last year doing a 2-day sponsored silence!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.