Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
I am Old :eek:
Am I meant to get the point of those 3 words immediately or do I need some explaination first?
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Am I meant to get the point of those 3 words immediately or do I need some explaination first?
I think she is implying that she has turned 20. Reach for the botox...

Ben
khl31
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
I think she is implying that she has turned 20. Reach for the botox...

Ben
pfft, spring chickens, the lot of you.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am Old :eek:
Happy birthday Nicky! Tis not that old, honest!

Urgh, am not adjusting so well to the return of everyone. Life seems weird :confused:
khil
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Happy Birthday Nicky (MadNatSci)!!!! :tsr: 20 isn't old if it is then my parents are fossils

Argh haven't started revision for this Friday's exam if I keep working at this rate I'm not even gonna meet BBB which is what I need for Nottingham

Right... hey maybe I'm destined to fail everything and end up doing Art :rolleyes:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by irisng)
Happy Birthday Nicky (MadNatSci)!!!! :tsr: 20 isn't old if it is then my parents are fossils

Argh haven't started revision for this Friday's exam if I keep working at this rate I'm not even gonna meet BBB which is what I need for Nottingham

Right... hey maybe I'm destined to fail everything and end up doing Art :rolleyes:
I am (Old - 5/12). I will be officially "Old" in 5 months time.
Immortal Wombat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"old" in ten days time

Happy Birthday Nicky
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks darlins

Bring on the false teeth and zimmerframes!

Well, maybe a Stannah stairlift (they DO look fun...)
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by irisng)
20 isn't old
Next stop death.

Welcome to your 20 somethings Nicky, enjoy never being a teenager again and never being labelled a Kevin by annoying parents again (maybe you never were, being female and all).

A.
Ticki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, maybe a Stannah stairlift (they DO look fun...)
That could encourage your greasy housemate and mouldy housemates to go upstairs more often. Could break a number of health and safety regulations. Don't do it.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ooo ooo ooo guess what boaties! I AM BEING CONSIDERED FOR THE FIRST BOAT!

Now I know that I actually wont get in the first boat, because i think that I am only "potentially good enough" rather than "good enough" in comparison to the other rowers, and I said to the captain that I dunno whether I can handle the training....so that's gonna probably lose it for me. But either way, this essentially guarentees that I get a place in the 2nd boat....WOHOO!

well at least i know i've potentially got it in me!!
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Next stop death.

Welcome to your 20 somethings Nicky, enjoy never being a teenager again and never being labelled a Kevin by annoying parents again (maybe you never were, being female and all).

A.
Never stops mine
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"I don't like feeling permanently guilty for not taking up the opportunities around me until I pass out from exhaustion."

Lex, I think you just summed up "The Cambridge Experience For Rosie" in that phrase.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yes my god that is so very true. I think I might collapse this term.....having agreed to training with the men's 1st boat (the teams havent been set but they're letting me be a part of the boat for the next few weeks...and will probably swap someone in in the end) my week will look like this:

Early morning rowing 5 days a week, with 2 afternoon outings (probably at weekend).
at least 2 alternative exercise sessions in the evening per week (e.g. erging, circuit training)
Korfball training for varsity match, twice a week in the evenings (with matches interleaved into those evenings...probably 1 a week on average)
Lectures 6 days a week from 9am
Supervisions 4 times a week, with work due in for each

maybe i should just give up now!?
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
yes my god that is so very true. I think I might collapse this term.....having agreed to training with the men's 1st boat (the teams havent been set but they're letting me be a part of the boat for the next few weeks...and will probably swap someone in in the end) my week will look like this:

Early morning rowing 5 days a week, with 2 afternoon outings (probably at weekend).
at least 2 alternative exercise sessions in the evening per week (e.g. erging, circuit training)
Korfball training for varsity match, twice a week in the evenings (with matches interleaved into those evenings...probably 1 a week on average)
Lectures 6 days a week from 9am
Supervisions 4 times a week, with work due in for each

maybe i should just give up now!?
I reccomend you get multiple personality syndrome - at leats you won't think you have all that stuff to do.

MB
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What the hell are you guys complaining about, this is what Cambridge is like! It's what you came for!

It'd be no fun if it was easy and you were sitting at home bored all day long!

A.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
What the hell are you guys complaining about, this is what Cambridge is like! It's what you came for!

It'd be no fun if it was easy and you were sitting at home bored all day long!

A.
My BT connection is slower than a dialup.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Will, I say you'd be better off staying away from theat box thing on your desk. That's what I've been doing all day, except I don't have a box in Cam...
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My machine is doing 540 KB/s downloading Mandrake 10.1... why can't it do something similar to other downloads?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Something happened today reminded me what Pol said to Pollo Loco the other day...

"it's really ****ed up talking to your next door neighbour on a computer you know, man!"
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.76%
Confident (30)
11.95%
Indifferent (43)
17.13%
Unsure (67)
26.69%
Worried (89)
35.46%

Watched Threads