Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My night has just began... I have full schedule for downloading tonight. But I must resist temptaion of downloading all ** no. of lectures of **** from **** university... that'll just bust my hard drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    yeah i was giving a tour to a load of kiddies.....it gave me an excuse to bunk lectures and i earn 40 quid for doing it!
    so thats what you were doing! hehe. i wondered why you were talking AT them rather than to them! i would have said hi if it hadn't looked like you were quite substantially busy. £40, thats not bad! nearly as much as i spent today on ONE portfolio...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    And Willa roadworks at 3am!!?? - you would've thought people wouldn't be at work then...? :confused:
    its fairly common in some instances to do roadworks in the middle of the night because it causes less traffic problems.

ReputationRep:
    Ooopsy. My first Saturday 9 o'clock and I missed it. Not my fault though, I'm feeling fairly crappy - started feeling feverish in my lectures yesterday and decided it really couldn't just be down to my hangover. Got home about 3pm and crawled into bed and only just got out of it! I had an insane temperature last night and this morning I was just all jelly-like and wobbly, so I decided not to go.

Don't know whether to go to the bop tonight, I guess I'll see how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Ooopsy. My first Saturday 9 o'clock and I missed it. Not my fault though, I'm feeling fairly crappy - started feeling feverish in my lectures yesterday and decided it really couldn't just be down to my hangover. Got home about 3pm and crawled into bed and only just got out of it! I had an insane temperature last night and this morning I was just all jelly-like and wobbly, so I decided not to go.

Don't know whether to go to the bop tonight, I guess I'll see how I feel.
    don't worry - about 1/3rd of the year did as well joys of joys - saturday 9 o'clock followed by a 2x2600m race at 11.15... :rolleyes: for the record: i ACHE.

my ultimate panacea - orange overload (guess you *could* use lemons, not sure how the tongue would appreciate it though ) and sleep. sleep after breakfast, sleep after lunch, and sleep immediately after dinner. should get well within 2-4 days for *most* ailments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khl31)
    don't worry - about 1/3rd of the year did as well joys of joys - saturday 9 o'clock followed by a 2x2600m race at 11.15... :rolleyes: for the record: i ACHE.

my ultimate panacea - orange overload (guess you *could* use lemons, not sure how the tongue would appreciate it though ) and sleep. sleep after breakfast, sleep after lunch, and sleep immediately after dinner. should get well within 2-4 days for *most* ailments.
    Lol, I was wondering how many people would make it! I just now made it downstairs for a cup of tea with people and they were all "How hungover are you?" so had to explain that seeing as I'd been in bed for nearly 24 hours, alcohol wasn't (for once) the reason why I looked so awful.

Ouch, nasty race! We currently don't have a 2nd VIII, so we're not doing any races any time soon :rolleyes: but in my current state I think this is a good thing. I'm eating oranges when my digestive system can take it and drinking lots of water, and sleeping lots. Hopefully this'll work things out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    its fairly common in some instances to do roadworks in the middle of the night because it causes less traffic problems.
    That's really bad especially if it's near College accomodation blocks! Hmmm let's hope there're no roadworks at Nottingham! Don't think Nottingham is in the middle of the town centre though so should be ok :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That's really bad especially if it's near College accomodation blocks! Hmmm let's hope there're no roadworks at Nottingham! Don't think Nottingham is in the middle of the town centre though so should be ok :rolleyes:
    It is a hole. You'll get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    There won't be road work in Notts, there will be fights instead.

ReputationRep:
    er, nottingham is about 2-3 miles from the city centre. although, depending on where the accomodation is on campus, there may be a fair bit of traffic noise. and lots of ambulance sirens.

seriously though shuai am i right that pembroke street has more ambulances, fire engines etc than anywhere else? At home I live v near the main road that the ambulances have to go down to go anywhere from the hospital, and we hear the sirens at our house, and we stil dont have as many sirens as pembroke does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    There won't be road work in Notts, there will be fights instead.
    Not tooo many fights though. You'll find that 14 miles North in Mansfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    er, nottingham is about 2-3 miles from the city centre. although, depending on where the accomodation is on campus, there may be a fair bit of traffic noise. and lots of ambulance sirens.

seriously though shuai am i right that pembroke street has more ambulances, fire engines etc than anywhere else? At home I live v near the main road that the ambulances have to go down to go anywhere from the hospital, and we hear the sirens at our house, and we stil dont have as many sirens as pembroke does.
    I can't remember there were any sirens today though. But I hate cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Not tooo many fights though. You'll find that 14 miles North in Mansfield.
    Wooo

Tom from Bridge Jones's Diary

Fight, some real fight!

ReputationRep:
    It is a hole. You'll get used to it.
    You don't like Nottingham??

2-3 miles isn't that far. I don't think the crime rate is very good round Nottingham is it?? Although I should be ok I hopefully wouldn't be going around on my own much at night anyway - don't like the dark would rather be walking with someone tbh.

ReputationRep:
    You don't like Nottingham??

2-3 miles isn't that far. I don't think the crime rate is very good round Nottingham is it?? Although I should be ok I hopefully wouldn't be going around on my own much at night anyway - don't like the dark would rather be walking with someone tbh.
    Nah I am not a fan really. It has a pretty good night life etc- but after a while it IS rather boring. That and the fact that is it so close to Mansfield.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I am not a fan really. It has a pretty good night life etc- but after a while it IS rather boring. That and the fact that is it so close to Mansfield.
    Everyone says it has a good nightlife. Well I suppose every place, once you've been there a while and tried out everything, it always gets boring. Someone told me London was boring cus he lived there cus he's been to every place there is lol!

What's Mansfield like then? - sorry don't watch the news often :rolleyes: I'm presuming it's not a good area?

Don't dislike Nottingham cus of Mansfield though! I don't dislike Cambridge cus of London (I don't mind London actually, just won't wanna live there - too busy)

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says it has a good nightlife. Well I suppose every place, once you've been there a while and tried out everything, it always gets boring. Someone told me London was boring cus he lived there cus he's been to every place there is lol!

What's Mansfield like then? - sorry don't watch the news often :rolleyes: I'm presuming it's not a good area?

Don't dislike Nottingham cus of Mansfield though! I don't dislike Cambridge cus of London (I don't mind London actually, just won't wanna live there - too busy)
    Well I know a bit about Mansfield as I live here. It is just full of Chavscum, inbreds, etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    urgh, just got back from 5 hours of rowing and i ache everywhere! I dont understand why I do it! But hey, that was my final "first boat trial" (the head to head as well as a load of mini 500m races we did in 4's) and I dont know if i'm totally pleased to say that I am now an official boatie! I've made it into the 1st boat, and I now own a tight fitting splash top....so in my eyes that makes me a boatie.........what have i done!!??

ReputationRep:
    Well I know a bit about Mansfield as I live here. It is just full of Chavscum, inbreds, etc etc.
    What's a Chavscum? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, what the hell is up with cambridge drivers? Since they closed most of lion yard, people are queing right down tennis court road & pembroke street. why?? why?? it will take them hours to queue. it woudl be quicker to just damn park somewhere else and walk, or get the park & ride. The multistorey near Parkers Piece is only a couple of minutes away.

Iris - 2/3 miles out of the city centre is enough that city centre roadworks wouldn't be noisy for you :rolleyes:

Mansfields chavs just TRY to be chavs, they aren;t really. Actually chav is not a very nottingham word I think people jhave only started saying it since its been on TV etc. Nahs, rudeboys, rudies, or twoforones.

I have only ever seen friends punched in the face by complete strangers for no reason in nottingham. Probably only bacsue I dont go out in mansfield often and I dont go at night or to the parks.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.