Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tis what cambridge is all about....maths or rowing, it's what everything seems to boil down to these days!.....at least for me it is!

ReputationRep:
    Every time I'm on here, there's always something about that darn biscuit game.

(Selena - I'm in Cam on the 16th Feb for Pool Open Day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    tis what cambridge is all about....maths or rowing, it's what everything seems to boil down to these days!.....at least for me it is!
    but there are plenty of non scientists about...

ReputationRep:
    More people do maths than any other bits of human knowledge in this thread...

anyway, this is what I said to Visesh last night.

MIT Lecture video: ...the bad news is that there will be some math, and good news is we only do it once...

both of them is bad news. you can't get to grip with the math with just "once"! that's why it's called mathS.

(*/me actually said both...is last night *)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    More people do maths than any other bits of human knowledge in this thread...

anyway, this is what I said to Visesh last night.

MIT Lecture video: ...the bad news is that there will be some math, and good news is we only do it once...

both of them is bad news. you can't get to grip with the math with just "once"! that's why it's called mathS.

(*/me actually said both...is last night *)
    *still grumpy*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    but there are plenty of non scientists about...
    How many null-scientists are here? Not many. Obviously techy stuff such as the computer give them headaches...

ReputationRep:
    I'd be perfectly happy if anyone wants to discuss Fred Flintoff's bone spur or England's brilliant victory at Jo'burg on Monday, but it seems Maths and rowing are the way to go on here..:hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    unit vectors are given different surnames in MIT and Cambridge. They are from the "hat" family live in Cambridge and "roof" family from Cambridge. I'll leave to you lot to figure out which cambridge is which.

ReputationRep:
    *still grumpy*
    It's not much of a joke or funny comment even... what the hell am I on about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel_z)
    I'd be perfectly happy if anyone wants to discuss Fred Flintoff's bone spur or England's brilliant victory at Jo'burg on Monday, but it seems Maths and rowin are the way to go on here..:hmpf:
    lol...

beware guys... i may well recruit a bunch of classicists to come on and discuss inflectional morphology one of these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel_z)
    I'd be perfectly happy if anyone wants to discuss Fred Flintoff's bone spur or England's brilliant victory at Jo'burg on Monday, but it seems Maths and rowing are the way to go on here..:hmpf:
    Bloody rain yesterday

Hoggard kicked ass in the 4th test!

Aleem Dar seems to make a few brilliant LBW desicions (when it comes to spinners!)

Shall I carry on?:p:

ReputationRep:
    lol...

beware guys... i may well recruit a bunch of classicists to come on and discuss inflectional morphology one of these days
    It won't stop me talking about maths. Or ML.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Or Larry the Great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Bloody rain yesterday

Hoggard kicked ass in the 4th test!

Aleem Dar seems to make a few brilliant LBW desicions (when it comes to spinners!)

Shall I carry on?:p:
    Bucknor's been below his best; some of the match officials' decisions have been dire - players copping fines for doing very little wrong wrong!

Harmison - unlucky or off line? I've not been too impressed with Beefy's commentating on SkySports: any fool can reel off some mindless compliments about players in form and criticise the technique of others when they're not at their best - what about his complete U-turn on Tres' feet after his 180 at Jo'burg?

ReputationRep:
    YAY
    Just got my computer wireless networked to my bf's computer down the corridor!! Free internet! am actually sitting at my computer! wow. i have much to download now:firefox, msn etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khl31)
    which boat though? there were 3 squads in operation before term started - 1st mens' (about 10-11 people), 2nd mens' (about 11 people), 3rd mens' (about 10 people), and we have a 4th mens' squad as well (probably another 10 or so). there are plans to try and get 2 boats to get onto bumps: caius M5, not seen on the river since... god knows when :rolleyes:
    I'm guessing it was a first boat, certainly looked like it to me. Beasting it up and down the reach while we were struggling to sit the damn IV (we currently only have 5 in our W2 squad which might be a slight issue... :eek: )

Hehe, fancy dress bop was very cool, we got some odd looks as we walked down Trinity Street with half the cast of Star Wars and a giant penguin, but I left early and am off to my bed now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    YAY
    Just got my computer wireless networked to my bf's computer down the corridor!! Free internet! am actually sitting at my computer! wow. i have much to download now:firefox, msn etc
    Firefox + msn + whole load of other stuff you need for interet <<< Mandrake 10.1

You don't have much to download.

ReputationRep:
    I can't take it anymore...

A group of boys/gits just walked past my windows murdering Yesterday...

ReputationRep:
    I can't take it anymore...

A group of boys/gits just walked past my windows murdering Yesterday...
    what?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.