Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    I just heard that you have Glynn for the set theory part of discrete maths - he rocks! You'll have him for all the cool theory stuff from now on!

A.
    Does he really Rocks???????????????????????

He doesn't seem to be any better than Peter Robinson. Having said that, he is a Professor after all.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Ben, that is a GREAT show. Want a copy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Does he really Rocks???????????????????????

He doesn't seem to be any better than Peter Robinson. Having said that, he is a Professor after all.
    Peter Robinson is cool, but Glynn goes to Danish Feasts and turns up the next day unable to prove things in his lecture.

The lecturer who does actually rock (he's a drummer in a rock band) is Sean Holden who does AI in your second and third years.

Sleep time now though 9am lecture

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Peter Robinson is cool, but Glynn goes to Danish Feasts and turns up the next day unable to prove things in his lecture.

The lecturer who does actually rock (he's a drummer in a rock band) is Sean Holden who does AI in your second and third years.

Sleep time now though 9am lecture

A.
    Glynn makes me worry about propositional logic... unable to prove things in lectures makes me worry even more...

ReputationRep:
    It was snowing about 40 minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, shame... I found this very neat way of keeping "on demand" shows (the ones that you can "Listen Again"). So...
    I used to save them with Total Recorder. The sound quality is loads worse than if you record them directly from ana ctual radio though.

some of the complete series I got..

P.D. James - Devices & Desires
    Nick Fisher - The Net & The Canal
    Robert Harris - Fatherland
    Nick Fisher - The Leaves of the Dead
    Terry Pratchett - Only you can save mankind
    John Wyndenham - The Chrysalids

also several episodes of ISIHAC, Little Britain, Dead Ringers, Mary Whitehouse Experience, Now Show, Goodness Gracious Me, I'm Alan Partridge etc.

If you want any I'll MSN them over in return for MathType

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    I used to save them with Total Recorder. The sound quality is loads worse than if you record them directly from ana ctual radio though.

some of the complete series I got..

P.D. James - Devices & Desires
    Nick Fisher - The Net & The Canal
    Robert Harris - Fatherland
    Nick Fisher - The Leaves of the Dead
    Terry Pratchett - Only you can save mankind
    John Wyndenham - The Chrysalids

also several episodes of ISIHAC, Little Britain, Dead Ringers, Mary Whitehouse Experience, Now Show, Goodness Gracious Me, I'm Alan Partridge etc.

If you want any I'll MSN them over in return for MathType
    I use direct download from the bbc server. No quality issues. Top quality clips they are. Come by if you want to listen.

ReputationRep:
    W00T? There's a January Blues Day Formula?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4197439.stm

ReputationRep:
    Btw, Rosie, I don't regard the usage of "total recorder" a "neat" way of making copies. I can get a half hour show within 30 seconds when using Total recorder would have required 30 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, Rosie, I don't regard the usage of "total recorder" a "neat" way of making copies. I can get a half hour show within 30 seconds when using Total recorder would have required 30 minutes.

Oh, alrifghgt then, come and show me how you do it at some point

ReputationRep:
    Ow. I am not in a hurry to cycle in sleet again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Did you fell? * mode = mean * How did you do that? There wasn't even any ice on the road.

I slipped on the side of a speed bump once. That was some degrees of pain... Ow...

ReputationRep:
    i forgot to poiont out that I only used total recorder when they didn't have "listen again" for bbc 7 anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, no, me neither. I just had a Path MCQ test, some bits were fine, but I got 0 on the questions about polio and hypersensitivity disorders!

ReputationRep:
    Did you fell? * mode = mean * How did you do that? There wasn't even any ice on the road.

I slipped on the side of a speed bump once. That was some degrees of pain... Ow...
    No, but there are pain receptors for extreme cold (which I am coincidentally studying at the moment; handy to be able to revise on the go, eh) and believe me they were activated this afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Ouch, no, me neither. I just had a Path MCQ test, some bits were fine, but I got 0 on the questions about polio and hypersensitivity disorders!
    Ooops! MCQs are evil buggers here.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Ben, that is a GREAT show. Want a copy?
    Yeah please, or just tell me how to do it myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    Yeah please, or just tell me how to do it myself.
    This is top secret, so I'm not going to share this very "sensitive" info on the forum. Catch me in the hall if I'm eating sometimes, I'll pass on what I know about the BBC system. They are doing a system update today, I need to check if the same method still applies later.

ReputationRep:
    No, but there are pain receptors for extreme cold (which I am coincidentally studying at the moment; handy to be able to revise on the go, eh) and believe me they were activated this afternoon!
    Apparently, coincidental means having matching pairs of teeth...

ReputationRep:
    wooo *dances* i got a first in my physics paper, which I thought went really bad! I'm feeling much better about being at cambridge now i think...i wish the formal was tomorrow cos i'm in the mood to party atm!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.