Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Here's one in English...

Try punctuating:

"John whilst Adam had had 'had had', had 'had'. 'Had' had had the teacher's approval."
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    ...or punctuate, "Woman without her man is nothing"

Woman, without her man, is nothing.

Or my preferred version... Woman! Without her, man is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Not quite... It's:

John, whilst Adam had 'had', had 'had had', 'had had' 'had had' the teacher's approval!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... Lets get out the eats shoots and leaves books!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    lol
    my grandad spoke esperanto! i have an esperanto bible of his - La Sankta Biblio!

pol-
    how do you get russian characters in posts?
    It's a good language...for the most part, it makes sense.

You can get online Cyrillic keyboards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    It's a good language...for the most part, it makes sense.
    yeah i found that when i was learning. apart from the whole alphabet thing, the grammar made a lot of sense.

a somewhat random comment:
    our russian teacher told us that apparantly, a popular russian girl's name, under Stalin, was Tractorina ( tractor being the same word in russian). naming your daughter that was a good way of demonstrating your belief in communism!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i found that when i was learning. apart from the whole alphabet thing, the grammar made a lot of sense.

a somewhat random comment:
    our russian teacher told us that apparantly, a popular russian girl's name, under Stalin, was Tractorina ( tractor being the same word in russian). naming your daughter that was a good was of demonstrating your belief in communism!
    I hated those diacritical hat accent thingies! They're just unnecessary.

I think naming your daughter Jane Doe is a good sign of your belief in communism.

ReputationRep:
    Tractorina {shakes head} My faith in Mother Russia is disappearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    I hated those diacritical hat accent thingies! They're just unnecessary.

I think naming your daughter Jane Doe is a good sign of your belief in communism.

Well all boys in Irish orphanages without names used to be called Fearganainm. That means "a man without a name" in Irish. How would you like going through life with that name? I'd prefer to be called Mr Tractor or something!

ReputationRep:
    Could they not just have given them names? :rolleyes: It's rather mean

ReputationRep:
    Well all boys in Irish orphanages without names used to be called Fearganainm. That means "a man without a name" in Irish. How would you like going through life with that name? I'd prefer to be called Mr Tractor or something!
    Well, that's what deed poll is for. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    thats nasty
    how would they tell them apart?

ReputationRep:
    thats nasty
    how would they tell them apart?
    The numbers burned onto their arms?

ReputationRep:
    Huzzah, I have returned from my adventures in devon. So....what have i missed!?

ReputationRep:
    where have you been in glorious devon?
    i don't know what you've missed - i've been in cornwall for a week!

ReputationRep:
    where have you been in glorious devon?
    i don't know what you've missed - i've been in cornwall for a week!
    i was in westward ho!
    It's the only place in the country that spells it's name with an exclamation mark. It's on all the signs and everything. Twas a really cool place!

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember that there was an outrageously long thread like this that I posted my details to but as I seem to be conspiciously missing from the list I might as well do it again.

Name: Duncan Andrew Crowe
    College: Sidney Sussex
    Subject: Philosophy
    Offer: Unconditional ( gap year thing ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i was in westward ho!
    It's the only place in the country that spells it's name with an exclamation mark. It's on all the signs and everything. Twas a really cool place!
    yeah it is cool. i've been there quite a few times. great beach! what were you doing - camping or what?

ReputationRep:
    oh we stayed in a caravan....i'm gonna be putting up a holiday journal on my website detailing pretty much all the absurd stuff we did, so you can read that later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faboba)
    I seem to remember that there was an outrageously long thread like this that I posted my details to but as I seem to be conspiciously missing from the list I might as well do it again.

Name: Duncan Andrew Crowe
    College: Sidney Sussex
    Subject: Philosophy
    Offer: Unconditional ( gap year thing ).
    I don't recall seeing you details...but if they are here somewhere...i apologise...your name is now added to the list!

On another note..Keithy has decided to leave us

And squishy...i did learn chinese for about 7 years...but unfortunately...i changed school halfway through..and i moved to a crap one. Therefore..i only know the basics i was taught at the first school...and not much else.

G

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Corpus Christi College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Pembroke College Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.