The Student Room Group
Reply 12840
is it me or is my 4 day old post in the sticky thread at the top of the oxford forum (in the tsr meetup one) showing 6 hours old in the main index, and even when you view my post it says it's 4 days old!!??
Reply 12841
Willa
is it me or is my 4 day old post in the sticky thread at the top of the oxford forum (in the tsr meetup one) showing 6 hours old in the main index, and even when you view my post it says it's 4 days old!!??

yeah, it's weird - did you post in it and then delete it?
there should be varsity rap battles
i have a 9am blood test tomorrow :biggrin: how the hell am I gonna make that when I don't even seem to get up for 10am lectures.
Reply 12844
well blood tests are important.....it being so early i guess it's cos they dont want you to eat anything? why you getting it done? i had to get loads done cos i'm tired all the time, and they couldnt really find anything wrong apart from an epstein barr virus which 95% of adults get before they are 40! so they are still confused!
Reply 12845
dudes, what you reckon i can do for dinner tonight.....obviously self catering but i dunno what to have! i had pasta last night so dont want that, i was gonna make a stir fry but i dont really fancy that, anyone got any suggestions?
beans on toast
btw did you see the buy one get one free on salmon fillets in sainsburys'? it's like christmas! but better, cos i don't like turkey.
Reply 12848
nah i'm not keen on fish.....and anyways we get fish and chips lunch every friday in emma....tis my fav meal of the week!

and something more substantial than beans on toast!!!!
Willa
well blood tests are important.....it being so early i guess it's cos they dont want you to eat anything? why you getting it done? i had to get loads done cos i'm tired all the time, and they couldnt really find anything wrong apart from an epstein barr virus which 95% of adults get before they are 40! so they are still confused!

because I've missed lectures three days this term already due to sleeping like 14 hours a day. the nurse thinks glandular fever :tongue:
Willa
nah i'm not keen on fish.....and anyways we get fish and chips lunch every friday in emma....tis my fav meal of the week!

mmmm friday fish and chips :biggrin: fish, chips, beans, and clareification :biggrin:
Willa

:eek: more substantial than beans on toast?! tis not possible!!!

erm well i'm going to make beef stew with some yummy sweet potato mash. but it takes a while to make stew and i guess you're hungry now... how about a slab of some kind of meat, some new potatoes, carrots and mange tout?
Reply 12852
Cous-cous?
mmmmm yum i had that for lunch yesterday with a nice bit of duck... *drools*

EDIT: what's the policy on killing and eating Emma duck? surely if it's just roadkill it's fair game, right?
Reply 12854
Willa

im having root veg & barley stew, and i had soup and a bagel for lunch, if that gives you any inspiration.

veg chilli is dead easy & reasonably fast, also keeps well for eating the next day (but dont keep rice for more than 48 hrs)

tin toms
tin kidney beans (or dried ones soaked and cooked should you think of eating the day before)
tin sweetcorn
about 3/4 teaspoon each dried coriander powder & cumin powder
some chilli - fresh, dried, hot sauce , whatever

boil all together
boil rice
add chiilli to rice
eat
(good with melted cheese on top too)

if you arent living in pembroke and can fry tyhings you couild add some sauted oinion and garlic. but its pretty good as it is.
Reply 12855
ooo soup would be simple....but i like the idea of couscous with something.....hmmm

oh and lex, i had exactly the same symptoms......fatigue....need to sleep for hours and hours.....if you havent got your glands up then i reckon you've got the same virus as me! Also that virus can cause swollen glands as well. Either way you have to push through it.....if you dont feel actually ill you just have to teach yourself to get it up early....it's hard but it gets easier!
it's quite hard to get up when you sleep straight through 4 screaming alarms :'(
Reply 12857
fishpaste
it's quite hard to get up when you sleep straight through 4 screaming alarms :'(

Do you switch them off or do you actually sleep through them? :confused:
Reply 12858
i've done that too mate...last term i went through a period of 2 weeks where i think i attended maybe 2 9am lectures......considering i should have attended 12. And i think i missed the 10am ones a couple of times in that time frame as well!
naelse
mmmmm yum i had that for lunch yesterday with a nice bit of duck... *drools*

EDIT: what's the policy on killing and eating Emma duck? surely if it's just roadkill it's fair game, right?

Read your latest email from the JCR Green officer? :wink: Fair Trade in Newnham! :biggrin: Woo!

Latest

Trending

Trending