Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Interesting stuff! Why is disease so much less boring than other things?

Ben
    Because it's cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ok someone please explain this complete mystery.....

...i was working in the library the past hour or so, and I popped back to my room for a snack to find an email from my brother back at home....with the following content:

Now I obviously didnt send any such email......so this confused me. I had a look in my "sent mail" folder of outlook express and there was one "unread" email in there, which was the email he recieved.

So someone PLEASE explain how mysteriously an email can get sent to my brother without me being near the computer, and without outlook recognising it as a read email (any email i send is automatically marked "read" in the sent items folder!!)

to add to the confusion.....any email i send is sent from "Will".....yet this email is marked from "Willa".

The only possibility I can think of, is that this email is possibly THE MOST delayed email in the world ever.....cos I think I used to use "Willa" as my name about 2 years ago, and so if I happened to have sent this email back then, it might have got lost in the hotmail system and finally found it's way out this evening.....but that seems unlikely!

Your post sound completely bizarre. But anyway - well last summer I'd say around August you used to send mail as "Will a" so effectively that's Willa. Well you must have sent it cus it's from your address :confused:

ReputationRep:
    drunk helen on computer again. bad idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    drunk helen on computer again. bad idea
    Yay! Drunk people have great entertainment value.

ReputationRep:
    no this email was definitely from "Willa" and not "Will a"

ReputationRep:
    Not entertaining just drunk. Nicky need to talk to you about ducks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    no this email was definitely from "Willa" and not "Will a"
    Did you lock your room when you weren't there? Or did someone somehow hacked into your computer? Or... did you just got a synapse of amnesia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Did you lock your room when you weren't there? Or did someone somehow hacked into your computer? Or... did you just got a synapse of amnesia?
    That last sentence makes little sense, even from you

ReputationRep:
    Not entertaining just drunk. Nicky need to talk to you about ducks.
    Why Ducks? Are you sure it was not dicks? Because u and i are only just 1mm apart.

Edit: me too is drunk. Mildly drunk. Probably going to remember that I actually typed this. Not some none existing people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    That last sentence makes little sense, even from you
    Computer says no.

ReputationRep:
    Why Ducks? Are you sure it was not dicks? Because u and i are only just 1mm apart.
    No, actual ducks of the quacking variety. Nicky (and probably Vicki) will know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    No, actual ducks of the quacking variety. Nicky (and probably Vicki) will know what I mean.
    Ducks' quacks does not echo. Is that true??

That was a silly comment to make this morning...

ReputationRep:

I've heard that too actually, but have no idea if there any truth in it! Maybe we could perform an experiment. Is it possible for any sound not to echo?

ReputationRep:
    It was thought for quite along time, but some academic with too much time on their hands did series of very complicated and expensive experiments and found that there was an echo.
    I think that's right, I read it in a newspaper about five years ago, so I may be totally wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd Senex)
    It was thought for quite along time, but some academic with too much time on their hands did series of very complicated and expensive experiments and found that there was an echo.
    I think that's right, I read it in a newspaper about five years ago, so I may be totally wrong!
    Yep, it's right. It's an urban myth that a duck's quack doesn't echo; it actually does Unsurprisingly if you think about it!

ReputationRep:
    oo camford, did you just get that "DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE" email from norman.....makes it sound like a really devious company.....i want to go to their presentations now and ask awkward questions to try and get them to admit the truth!

ReputationRep:

Dumbass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    oo camford, did you just get that "DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE" email from norman.....makes it sound like a really devious company.....i want to go to their presentations now and ask awkward questions to try and get them to admit the truth!
    explainez!

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way folks - Clare Jazz tonight, in the cellars, should be cool!

ReputationRep:
    ooo jazz.....nice! wish i had time to do these things....will have to see how work goes in library

and lex, it's to do with a guy who came into one of our lectures at the start and told us about this "internship" to do with working in america, and how he made about $4000 which was "about average for those who do it" and that it was a "running a small business" type of thing. So loads of people were interested and left their names (I thought it seemed a bit of a jip so I didnt).

So we just recieved an email from our lecturer apologising for not researching this guy and the company he was representing thoroughly. the wording they were using was actually describing door to door sales. And by calling it a "mini business" it meant that they werent technically employing you and so they didnt have to look out for you (welfare etc).

so yeah i want to go to one of the presentations they are holding for those who put their name down, and ask questions to get it the truth out of them....things like "What exactly is the 'mini business' doing....what is my role in the business, describe a typical day in such a business"......and if they don't talk about door to door sales, then i'd say "could have that statement in an official document guarenteeing that that is what we do in a day, and NOT go from door to door selling YOUR products"

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.